Monday, May 19, 2008

Field Trip: Moody Gardens in Galveston, TX

On Friday, May 2, the family all got in the miniature van and headed out to Galveston. The Titanic Exhibit was (and is as of this posting) at Moody Gardens.

Rachel has been a Titanic enthusiast for a few years so we couldn't let this go by without seeing it.

The pictures of the exhibit really did not turn out that great but here they are for your viewing pleasure


Here Rachel is looking at a replica of a first class passenger's bedroom




Charlie is checking out the guest room replica


While we were there, we had to check out the aquarium. There were one of my favorites: PENGUINS! I hope I get to pet one at least once in my lifetime.



Here's one of the cute penguins saying, "To the left, to the left....everything you own in a box to the left" You must not know 'bout me.




Check out the size of this fish!!!


This stingray has the neatest looking face. I know I wasn't supposed to but I couldn't help myself...I touched him. It felt like he was soft and covered in slime. Pretty cool! Doesn't it look like he's smiling?




Inside the Rainforest Pyramid there was this cool lizard that was performing some sort of Yoga move:




There were also these beautiful Hyacinth Macaws in there:




I LOVE LOVE LOVE the hair of this white pelican. He had some sort of deformity on his beak. Poor fella


We had a wonderful and exhausting day. We saw a 3D film about the Grand Canyon and another IMAX movie about the Titanic. We came home and crashed!












1 comment:

  1. We made a trip to Galveston and Moody Gardens several years ago when we still lived in Texas. Good memories!
    www.restorationplace.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)