Thursday, May 15, 2008

Mother's Day 2008

Saturday: Charlie woke me up with breakfast in bed.
Menu: 2 cookies, water and bubble gum

Sunday: Rachel gets up at 6:45am and makes chocolate chip muffins for me!
Menu: chocolate chip muffins and chocolate milk


The kids were so sweet to do that. I also got a homemade card form Rachel. Homemade cards are the best!

And a gift from all: a MICROSCOPE! I was so excited.
I also got a Timber Bamboo!


After breakfast, we stayed around the house for a while and decided that we needed to get out. We had all been couped up too long in the house after a run of different illnesses. So where did we choose to go on this most hallowed of days? Texas City Dike It's about a 5 mile dike into the Galveston Bay area. When the kidsand I had gone out on a Thursday afternoon, there was hardly anyone out there. Let me tell you, it's different on the weekends! It was so crowded.
We did see some people wind surfing and that was pretty cool. :)

It was a terrific day.


Happy Mother's Day to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)