Friday, June 27, 2008

Hanging out in Kemah

We seem to be hitting Kemah a lot this summer!


Tuesday, June 17, 2008, we headed out to Kemah to meet our friends Shannon, Samantha and Ryan. Chuck was at work paying for this. :(


We met about 11:30 to ride the rides and hang out. Little did I know that the temp was going to be comparative to that on Venus. It was HOT!



The first thing Rachel did was run for Chaos. She tried and tried to talk Charlie into riding it with her but he just wouldn't do it. I don't blame you Charlie!




Then Rachel and Charlie went to ride Pharaoh's Fury, a real tummy tosser. I went to the nice safe ferris wheel and got a great shot of the bay while it was as smooth as glass. I haven't seen it that smooth before. Calm before the storm?





Time to ride the Chaos again?




The kids all decided to go ride Pharaoh's Fury together. No one would get on Chaos with Rachel. Sorry, sweety. Momma ain't gonna do it either.


If you look closely, you will see Rachel in the very back and then Charlie, Ryan and Samantha in the middle. I'm not sure if Ryan is enjoying this ride or not. LOL



The Aviator is shut down if the wind picks up at all. So you can imagine how often it's actually open since it is right by the bay! Today there was no wind (making it feel like 130 degrees) and the Aviator was going. It's hard to see but Charlie and Ryan are in the first "car" and Rachel and Sammie are in the one behind them.




It is SO hot. So we grab some snow cones and head over to the water park on the boardwalk to cool off. Well, the kids get wet while Shannon and I sit in the shade and sip snow cones while surrounded by thousands of day care kids. Is this water filtered? No, don't tell me. Sometimes it is best to live in ignorance.





Ok, kids. It's time for MY favorite thing: feeding the stingrays! Rachel, stop being so afraid of them. They won't hurt you. They wouldn't sell fish to hand feed them if they were dangerous. Notice they don't let you hand feed the alligators? That's because they will eat you. These guys are your friends. Come on, feed the sweet little ray.

Your turn, Charlie. Don't be scared when they jump out of the water. They just want some dinners. :)




Friends hanging out. Where did Ryan go?






Is everyone hungry? YES! So we head over to Joe's Crab Shack.



What about you, boys? Everyone hungry?

Here is Charlie's reaction after he found out that he ate a shrimp, the roach of t he sea. LOL Poor guy. He's never had one. I don't think he will be having one again for a long, long time.




So what do we do with leftovers? Let's feed them to the fish and ducks under the restaurant!








Aw, isn't that sweet?


The kids were ready to hit the rides again but Shannon and I were thinking of air conditioning. So the kids went for the rides and we went for the Starbucks. Shannon ordered an iced chai and I just enjoyed the AC. I know Shannon will KILL me if she sees this pic. I'll take it off when she calls me yelling. ;) Anyway, here she is ordering at Starbucks.



Chuck met us here after he got off work. Then we were off to find the kids. Here they are! On the Bouncer!


We rode a few more rides and then Shannon and the kids had to go home. We decided to grab a bite to eat at Saltgrass before we went home. The kids weren't too hungry so I let them order dessert for dinner. Am I a cool mom or what?!



While we were eating a BIG BAD storm brewed up.



And I drove home with the canoes strapped to the top of the truck. Think it's time to unload them?


It was a great day. It's great to spend the day with family and friends.


3 comments:

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)