Thursday, June 12, 2008

My Baby is a Teenager!!!

I just can't believe it finally happened. Rachel is now 13 years old! It just doesn't seem possible. It all happened on June 6th. Does this mean I am getting.....old?


To celebrate, we took Rachel to the Kemah Boardwalk with her cousin Katelynn. Charlie decided to stay at my mom's house and play with my nephew Connor.







We had a few showers off and on that day but the good part about it was that it kept the crowds away so we were able to ride everything we wanted without waiting in line! The rain wasn't what got us wet, it was a ride called The Beast. It's actually a beautiful boat that seats a lot of people and plays loud music. They take you out into Galveston Bay and make sure that you get wet. It was so much fun though! The only bad part is that we were wet the rest of the day. Our feet looked like wrinkled raisins by the end of the day.





While we were waiting to ride The Beast we saw these fish under one of the restaurants. There were so many of them!! I asked the bartender of a Mexican restaurant for some chips so I could feed them. The fish were literally on top of each other. At night there were even more but the pictures didn't turn out that great. :(

We went to the Stingray Reef and got to feed stingrays! It was so cool. I could have stayed there all day. You just hold the fish in your fingers and the rays just suck them out of your fingers. I loved it. :)


Video of feeding the singrays:


Then came The Bullet. This is a wooden roller coaster (as you can see below) that beats you up like a red headed stepchild. I felt like I had been a car wreck (as I repeatedly told my husband on the ride). It hurt! And Rachel lost her glasses and I lost my sunglasses. Needless to say, we probably won't be riding the Bullet again. I think I like the steel roller coasters best. They are smoother.



And now some pictures of the rides! Here are Katelynn and Rachel riding Chaos.





Rachel and Katelynn on the Inverter. It looks like it inverts your stomach!





Rachel and me on Pharaoh's Fury. NOT my favorite ride!



Rachel and Katelynn on Pharaoh's Fury





Rachel, Katelynn and me on the bouncer...I don't know it's real name but it is SO much fun!





I took this picture of Chuck on the Ferris Wheel. My sweety.



For dinner, we took Rachel to Saltgrass Steakhouse where she got free cheesecake! Yum. :)



At the end of it all, there was a HUGE fireworks show and we went home.





It was a fantastic day and we were all exhausted afterwards.



Happy Birthday to my sweet Rachel!!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Rachel! My first baby, now 10, reminds me daily that she's only got 2 1/2 years to teeagehood. How do you get ready for that??!!
    Kathy @ www.restorationplace.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)