Saturday, February 28, 2009

Food Log: 2/27/09

Breakfast was Fiber One Caramel cereal with milk and a Sugar Free Rock Star Drink. I felt like being a rock star. :)

Went got a hair cut and was starving by the time I got home. So I opened up my new box of veggie riblets (see review below) for the first time. Yum! Chuck and I had BBq Riblet on hot dog bun with mustard and pickle and some corn. It turned out to be a HUGE 6 point lunch. For a dessert I had a Peanut Butter Weight Watcher Bar.

I tried to take the kids out for a quick geocaching hunt but sice we don't have a geocache friendly Garmin we have to estimate where the cache is. I went rummaging through the woods in shorts (stupid, I know) and got completely torn up by thorn bushes. And our cache mission was a fail. :(

Went home to drop off kids and headed to Best Buy but they don't sell the kinds of GPS units for outdoor adventures like hiking, paddling and geocaching. Came home, picked up Chuck and headed to Bass Pro Shops. Now they have some cool GPS units! I have my eye on a Garmin Oregon. Those in the know will know how cool these are.

So I'm in the mood for a drink. I'm not talking about water either. I mean a good adult drink. Here is what I came up with for 2 points.

2 point Peach Bellini
1 packet Sugar Free White cranberry peach drink mix (it's for individual bottles of water)
about 1-1.5 cups water
some ice...maybe 2 handfuls
1.5 ounces rum
Mix together in blender. May need to add more ice or water to get the right consistency.
These are soooo very yum. Please try it.

Dinner was Creamy Ham and Potato Bake that I picked up from http://darcithelbloser.blogspot.com/ I just love her blog. It's so visual. She must spend a lot of time on it.
Here's the recipe:

Creamy Potato Ham Bake
4 points/serving, makes 4 servings
16 oz raw shredded potatoes or thawed hash browns (I use Mr. Dee's)
1 full cup 97% fat-free lean ham
1 can green beans
1/2 tsp dried parsley flakes
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 can Healthy Request Cream of Celery soup
3 oz Velveeta Lite, cut up in small piecesMix all ingredients together thoroughly.

Place mixture in sprayed 8X8 baking dish and bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.


This provides an enormous 4 point serving. I added a salad.

Ever have one of those days when you have the munchies? I sure did last night!
I had:
Peanut Butter Bar (2 pts)
popcorn (1 pt)
chocolate cupcake (2 pts)
Bacon Cheddar crackers (2 pts)

Had total of 24 points for the day so not too bad.

1 comment:

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)