Sunday, March 15, 2009

3/15/09 Before and After; Depressed; Pointless Dinner

And yet another rainy day. We didn't go paddling with the kayaking group this morning because it was gross outside and Charlie was coughing and sneezing. Poor kid.
.
.
I got up and made chocolate chip pancakes with sugar free syrup (5 pts). I made these with mini chocolate chips and Fiber One pancake mix. Very good and filling breakfast.
Got some laundry done and was generally lazy. For lunch I made these totally yummy wraps with Flatout Bread, turkey, cucumber, FF Ranch, lettuce and a little hot sauce (4 pts). Also had some FF Pringles (1 pt). This was so filling I did not eat it all. That Flatout bread is huge and only 1 pt.

After lunch I did the Shred Level 1. I think I'm actually getting stronger! I've noticed a small difference in my muscle tone as well plus my jeans are getting easier to get on.
.
.
I am so happy! Chuck tells me I'm losing weight and my clothes are fitting better. I ask Chuck to take a picture of me so maybe I can compare some photos for before and after. It's only been 7 weeks of WW and only a few sessions of the Shred.
.
.
This is when things go downhill for me. I guess I am expecting to look like a supermodel after 7 weeks. Why do I do this to myself? I don't see ANY change!!
.
.
I'll show you what I'm talking about:
BEFORE WW:

After 7 weeks of WW:

This really bums me out. I was just hoping to see a more dramatic difference. I'm so sick of being out of shape and overweight. My mood is not the best. No Happy Texan here.
.
.
We decide we all need to get out of the house. It's been days of rain. So we head out to Kemah to see if the Boardwalk is operational after Hurricane Ike. Everything is open again and they even have a couple of new rides including a double decker carousel! It looks like Chaos is gone though. Bummer for Rachel. :(
.
.
We all get the munchies while driving around so we eat some Fiber One bars (2 pts)
After more driving we decide we're really ready for dinner so we head to an old pre-WW haunt: T-Bone Tom's! I still had my 35 weekly points and quite a few daily points and activity points to use. And I did!
Chuck and I split a chicken fried steak sandwich with fries and onion rings. (pointless)
Doesn't that look good? Plus it helped to feed my pity party I was having.

Why do we sabotage ourselves with the very thing that caused us to get fat in the first place? I have no idea. I'm fat because I eat; I eat because I'm fat. Makes sense. A problem that would make even Freud scratch his head.


Oh, and here's Charlie acting goofy in the restaurant.

I'm going to bed soon. I'm ready to wake up in a better mood. And a little thinner wouldn't hurt. :)

5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, super super super scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't get down on yourself. You're doing AWESOME!! I can totally see a difference...esp in your face! :)

    Thanks for posting the recipe! Def going to try those out!

    Oh and the chicken tacos sound awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your after picture looks amazing! You're just radiating health!! Keep up the great job, and you'll start to see more dramatic differences.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to say, I would go to T-Bone Tom's simply because of the name. Seriously. I'm that pathetic. lol That sandwich looks so good! I love BBQ. I was born and raised in Texas, so there's a special place in my heart for Texas BBQ. The VERY best place I've found is in a little dot-on-the-map town called Avenger in east Texas. 5D Cattle is the name of it. YUMMMMMM! All bets are off & weigh ins don't count when I go to 5D. I only get to go once every other year or so. I could eat my weight in BBQ. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn’t even finish this post I had to hurry up and comment. I can relate to you. I don’t see the change everyone else seems to see...but I really can see a difference in you. Your face alone is smaller. Really. Stop taking before and after because we are going to pick ourselves apart. You look GREAT!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)