Monday, March 2, 2009

Canoeing Clear Creek

I absolutely LOVE canoeing. It is either a terrifying experience filled with alligators and log jams and high winds or peaceful with birds and lovely flowers and trees and wildlife. Usually it's a combination of both in one trip. LOVE IT! What other way can you get exercise and have fun and fight for your life?!


We usually like to go paddling with the Houston Kayaking Meetup group. Fun bunch of people and very friendly. THIS trip, however, was just the family out on a sunny day on Clear Creek which is not clear at all.



Little guy got overheated and needed to rest. Poor kid. Glad we weren't in kayaks.


Daddy and son on not so clear creek.



I love these quiet little area to paddle. They're kind of fun and kind of creepy.


Chuck is contemplating why he spent so much money on canoes.


Lunch break.
I'm glad we got out when we did because motor boats were starting to come out and I do believe I could walk on water if my boat tipped over from the waves.

5 comments:

  1. fun pictures!! i've done a little canoeing & kayaking in my day (sis & BIL has them) and it is ALWAYS a workout!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That brought back some interesting childhood memories of canoeing with my aunt and uncle. It always seemed to be a perilous adventure with little spots of tranquility mixed in. I also recall being particularly great at tipping the boat over. :-)

    It looks like you guys had a lot of fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a lot of fun (especially now that I can see them!)

    You have a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to go canoeing. Heck I just want warm weather! I was hoping to see an alligator in those pics though :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great pictures. Your canoe outing looks wonderful. I've always been nervous about kayaking or canoeing. Too afraid of tipping over.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)