Monday, March 30, 2009

Experiment Thickens; Hunger; My Husband with X Ray Vision

Today was my first day without my super duper fiber bagels. I had a bowl of Kashi Honey Sunshine with milk (2 pt). no picture.

Did some school with the kids and was hungry waaayyy before lunch. Was I missing my bagel? Do they really keep me filled up longer? Or is it because TOM is here for a visit and I have the munchies? Hmmmm...the bagel experiment continues.

Lunch: turkey sandwich with fat free chips and 2 clementines (5 pts)
Midafternoon snack: Jazz apple (1 pt) Had a blast doing Wii Outdoor Challenge. I earned about 2 activity points. I was sweating and gasping for breath. LOL

Still hungry! I thought I would get some almonds and walnuts. THIS is what you get for 3 points?!

I was ready for dinner by the time Chuck called to say he was on his way home. I couldn't wait to get something in my huge belly. It was a leftover night because Chuck had to eat quickly so he could be on time to meet his date at Starbuck's. If you want to read about that you can visit his blog.

Dinner: soft corn tortilla chicken tacos and salad (5 pts) These were incredibly good.
Dessert: 1 oz of Beaver Nuggets (3 pts) As you can see I measured them on my very cool scale. Everyone should have one of these. Maybe I'll give one away one day. :)
I spent some time playing around making movies on http://www.xtranormal.com/. Oh my gosh! It's so much fun. We were cracking up. I need to make a movie for my blog. :)
I am still so darn hungry! What's the deal?
Popcorn (1 pt)

And the piece de la resistance: Coco Via Chocolate (2 pts) and Cheesecake Bar (2 pts) I know, I know. Please, don't judge me. :( I stayed within my points tonight. Today I felt like I could have eaten the entire contents of the pantry! If I were a fish I would be this whale shark. Just eat everything that comes my way. What in the world is going on with me? HEY, I stayed on plan!
I have to tell you how impressed I am with my husband. Chuck has X-Ray Vision! It's true. he can see right through my fat to the person I am inside. He has loved me at my lowest weight (120) and at my highest (confidential) ;-) He has never once made any kind of comment that would hurt my feelings. He has only told me how beautiful I am. He is a rare man and I am so fortunate to have him. Maybe one day he won't have to use his x-ray vision to see me. All of that extra fat will be gone and the real me will shine. But I am so thankful to him that he has only seen the inner me and thought I was pretty. I want to be the person that he thinks I am. I'm on my way!
.
Points: 24/24
Activity Points: +2

12 comments:

  1. One doesn't need X-ray vision to see the real you, my love. The real you always shines through.

    Always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, what a sweetie! Had to LOL at the whale shark photo. That's how I am at TOM sometimes, too.
    Path to Health

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am with you, there are days I swear if it's not nailed down I'll eat it. The fish was a good pic to represent that.

    Sounds like your hubby's a keeper. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You two are too cute!
    I know how you feel with the munchies...it’s like nothing ever satisfies you.
    But you still did great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. been there Kelly!! but glad to hear you at least stayed within your points!

    and chuck sounds like such a sweetie!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you a homeschooler or are your kids on spring break?

    Your husband is a saint. =)

    I smiled at the photo of the nuts...I know it's healthy to eat them every day, but I don't because there's no bang for the buck with them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I definitely know that bottomless pit feeling. I'm like that for two days before, during, and two or three days after TOM. It's not fun at all.

    Your hubby is such a sweetie! I would be jealous, but my hubby is pretty sweet too! :) Hoorah for awesome husbands!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww what a sweet comment about your husband :) You two sound like such a great fit!

    Kudos to you for staying within your points even though you were having a hungry hippo sort of day. Are you not eating any weekly allowance points right now (I know youre trying to stick below your points range, but wasnt sure if that included no WPA?)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww, what a sweet man you have!

    Those tacos... oh my! They look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jo, yes I'm a crazy homeschoolin mom. It's fun and tiresome at the same time. :)

    And I am using my weekly allowance points. I used them on that huge hamburger that I had in Brenham. Totally worth it. haha But I'm keeping my points at 24 instead of 28.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Not knowing what they were, I had to google 'beaver nuggets' and your blog with a description came up on the first page. We have a brand new Buc-ees down the street, but I'm afraid to try these. They sound kind of addictive!

    Hope your homeschooling goes well. I'm a retired homeschooling mom - my daughter's in college now. : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tina, Beaver Nuggets are VERY addictive. Try some. If you like super sweet caramel corn you'll probably like these. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)