Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Food Finds and Reviews; 1 point Candy Choices

I went to Target today and there were so many things for a hungry Weight Watcher.

First, let me tell you about these Honey Maid Delight Cheesecake Bars (2 pts). These are so good! They really do taste like cheesecake. This is something that you want to keep in the pantry. Yum!

Then I came across this low fat peanut butter called Better'n Peanut Butter. It's 2 points for 2 tablespoons. It is apparently made from powdered defatted peanuts but it is creamy like regular peanut butter. The bad news: it doesn't taste exactly like the Skippy we know and love. Don't misunderstand: it's good. It's better than no peanut butter. But it's sweeter than the regular kind. Would I buy it again? Not sure. I'll get back with you on that.
Studies show that almonds are good for your health and may actually help in weight loss, which is odd to me since they have so much fat. But who am I to argue with science?!
Emerald 100 calorie packs are 2 points each and come in Cocoa Roast Almonds, Walnuts and Almonds, and just plain almonds. My favorite: the cocoa, of course! These are very good and I will buy them again. Plus they're good for you!
**Note: the walnut/almond combo is 3 points.

What does a 1 point candy look like?
You can have a blowpop, 3 Jolly Ranchers, 1 York Peppermint patty, or 3 DumDum lollipops.
The Peeps are a little more but you get to have more: 3 points for 5 chicks or 2 points for 4 bunnies. LOVE the Peeps!!

5 comments:

  1. Ok I am going to have to look for those almonds! I love almonds, but don't like to "waste" the points on them! Thanks for sharing that!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely want to try the cheesecake bars. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PEEPS!!!

    I keep Better 'n Peanut Butter in my fridge at all times in case I need a hit of PB, but don't have the points for the "real" stuff. I agree that it is different, but not bad! Sometimes I mix a tablespoon of it with a bit of the other. It seems like a good compromise, and I usually save a point or so. There is, apparently, a chocolate version, but I have yet to find it!

    I tried those cheesecake bars when I was home in Arkansas over the holidays. I really liked them.

    You had an awesome shopping day! I hope you enjoy all of your yummies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My daughter loves the cocoa covered almonds!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)