Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Food Log: 3/10/09; Mom, Biggest Loser

I still haven't adjusted to the time change. I could sleep for hours in the morning.

Breakfast: decided to change things up a little and live on the wild side with some Raisin Bran and skim milk (3 pts).
I realized this morning that I have an essay due in my history class. Yeah, it's due this Thursday! Ahhhhhh......I thought I was on spring break. So I get busy with that.

My mom calls and says that she would like to come up with my niece and nephew (whom she and my dad are raising) for a visit and to spend the night. Great! I haven't seen her in a while. But somehow I have to get this essay written too. Plus my house is a wreck!

So I take all of the notes I need for my essay and get a little house cleaning done. I'm surprised that I was able to get done as much as I did. Now all I have to do I write the essay and submit it.

For a mid morning snack I had a WW yogurt for 1 pt. Lunch: grilled chicken sandwich with swiss cheese (4 pts), carrots and fat free ranch (1 pt) and Fat Free Pringles (1 pt)
Dessert: Vitamuffin (1 pt)

My mom arrives! It was good to see her especially when she tells me how much weight I've lost! We had a good talk over some coffee (1 pt for creamer). The kids had a great time playing.
For an afternoon snack I had some string cheese (1 pt)

The day flies by and it's already time to cook dinner. Chuck stopped by the store on the way home. What a great guy! Love that man. I sure could use a date night.
Dinner is hoisin baked chicken (4 pts), mashed sweet potatoes with cinnamon and pancake syrup (3 pts), broccoli with cheese sauce (1 pt).

Dessert: sugar free fudgesicle (1 pt).

Let's talk Biggest Loser. What a drama fest! Filipe (I still don't know how to spell his name LOL) freaked out on Jillian and she didn't have anything to say. I had a lot of respect for him before but I think he was acting like a baby last night. If he had a problem with her why didn't he just go up to her and talk to her.
And what was the deal with them partying like it was 1999 while away from the ranch. That was just plain stupid.
It was also a big shocker that Mandi turned the plan around during elimination and sent herself home. Wow. Didn't expect that. It was kind of sad. What in the world did she do that week to gain two pounds anyway?!

Hoisin Baked Chicken
1.5 pounds chicken breasts
2 Tbs hoisin sauce
2 Tbs. cider vinegar
1 Tbs sesame seeds
Note: I also added some soy sauce, ginger, Splenda and chicken broth)
Place chicken along with all ingredients in a bag and marinate for 1-24 hrs in fridge. Place in glass baking dish and bake for 20-25 minutes or until done.
I estimated this at 4 pts.


Points: 22/28
Activity: none
Calories burned: 2303
Steps: 5505

1 comment:

  1. Great job today!! That hoisin chicken looks so good!

    Yeah, what was up with that partying?? Old habits die hard! Unfortunately, I know that from experience!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)