Sunday, March 15, 2009

Food Log 3/14/09; Brakes; Sticky Buns and Chicken Taco Recipes!

Rain, rain, go away. Now. it's rainy and cold again. Yuck.

I've been in the mood to try some new recipes. This morning I tried some Pecan Sticky Buns (4 pts). They were soooooo darn good. It totally makes you feel like you are cheating on your diet. Also had a pear (1 pt) and some coffee.

Sorry the picture didn't turn out better. I wanted you to be able to see the sticky goodness of the thing but when you're working with a cheap camera.....

Want the recipe? Sure you do! ;-)

Sticky Caramel Pecan Rolls

1/4 cup fat-free caramel-flavored sundae syrup (I used sugar free, fat free)

cooking spray

1 8 ounce can refrigerated reduced-fat crescent roll

1/4 cup brown sugar -- firmly packed (I used Splenda brown sugar)

2 tablespoons pecans -- finely chopped

1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (I used more!!)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spoon 1 1/2 teaspoons syrup into each of 8 muffin cups coated with cooking spray; set aside. Unroll crescent roll dough, and separate into 4 rectangles. Combine brown sugar, pecans, and cinnamon; sprinkle evenly over each rectangle, pressing gently into dough. Beginning at 1 long edge, roll up jelly-roll fashion. Pinch ends of dough to seal. Cut each roll into 6 slices. Place 3 slices, cut sides down, in prepared muffin cups. Bake at 375 for 14 minutes. Run a knife around edges of cups; immediately invert onto a platter. Yield: 8 servings.

Points = 4

172 calories, 2.2g protein, 5.8g fat (.1 sat), 26.9g carbohydrates, .2g fiber, 0mg cholesterol, 1mg iron, 260mg sodium, 13mg calcium

Got the recipe from the WW recipe yahoo group.

______________________________

Shocking gossip: I'm having an affair with my mechanic! *gasp*

______________________________

Ok, ok, he's my husband. He had to change my brakes on the miniature van today even though the weather was so gross outside today. I'm SO glad that his neck is doing better!

While Chuck changes brakes Rachel decides to try the experiment with Mentos and Diet Coke. Look how high the Coke shoots up in the sky!!! Cool! I want to be a mad scientist when I grow up. Or even an angry scientist would be fine.

Poor Chuck. It really didn't take him too long and it saved a ton of money. Thanks, sweety. I love you so much.

Rachel is going to try another Mentos/Soda experiment. This time she is trying to launch a rocket into space.
Houston, we have a problem. Abort mission!!

After Chuck finishes up the brakes, I head to Subway for lunch. I got a turkey sandwich (5 pts) and added some WW Cheese Curls (2 pts). Good, filling lunch. I took a bite of Chuck's Steak and Cheese sandwich. Oh, it was so good.
To keep up with my week 7 goals I had to do Shred Level 1. It still hurts! I was sweating all over. Even had it dripping in my eyes. But I earned 3 activity points. Plus Chuck keeps saying I'm losing weight. He knows all the right things to say to me. :)
After a shower and much water I indulged in a WW Amaretto Cheesecake Yogurt (1 pt).
I was thinking of taking Rachel window shopping but the weather is just so gross that I stayed home and folded clothes. Much more fun.
The day flew by and it was time for dinner.
I made the most AWESOME chicken tacos!! 8 points for all 3!
PLEASE make these. These are like something you would get in a restaurant and they are so easy to make. Do try them.


Oh yeah. I got a standing ovation tonight. We will be having these again and again and again and again.
You could use the chicken in baked potatoes or brown rice or anything!

Taco Chicken (3 pts!)
1 pound Chicken breasts without skin
1 packet Taco Seasoning Mix
1 cup chicken broth
Combine in crock; cook 6-8 hours on low. Shred chicken with 2 forks. Spoon a bit of the juice over it if desired.
4 servings at 3 points each.


To really tip the dinner over the edge into Blissville I made strawberry shortcakes for dessert (4 pts).
I made Chuck's into a beautiful parfait type dessert.

Mine was a slice of angel food cake, some strawberries chopped and mixed with Splenda, a dollop of FF Cool Whip and a cherry and a sprig of mint.
I can't even describe how good this was.

Even though is was a nasty day outside, I had a very nice day. Sure hope we can go paddling Armand Bayou with our Houston Kayak Meetup group! But it doesn't look good. Plus Charlie has been coughing and sneezing.
Points: 25/24 (just use an activity point to cover)
Activity: +3
Shred Level 1

2 comments:

  1. Hahah, what an awesome time! I need to try that experiment!! LOL! I love this post, it's full of good food! And that is so sweet that your husband is a mechanic! I love that! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kelly - those tacos look delicious. I love your recipes and want to try the pecan rolls. I work for Steve Spangler Science and I see you used our Great Geysers kit (http://www.stevespanglerscience.com/product/great-geysers) to make Mentos and Diet Coke rockets. It's one of our favorite kits and we like to "test" it in our parking lot. Good luck with your weight quest. I am also working on slimming down after having my 2 children.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)