Friday, March 6, 2009

Food Log: 3/5/09

Today I got up a little earlier than usual. I was so nervous about that stupid test. I'm glad that I am finally getting it over with.



I was also thinking (please excuse my ramblings...if you want to skip on over to the food log I totally understand). What is the difference between being alive and living? I don't want to just exist. Every day it's the same routine. But what if I knew I had a terminal illness? Would I still live each day the same? I don't think so. I would be living life to the very fullest and experiencing as much as I could!




That's a shame. Do I have to be dying in order to start living? I want to start taking as many opportunities as possible to enjoy my kids and start experiencing life to the fullest. Unfortunately, that will involve meeting with Jillian to shred from time to time and doing things that are difficult now but that will help me in the long run. Let's face it: life is short. If someone were to write a paragraph about me in a history book there wouldn't be much to say. I want to change that.




Enough rambling. I just wanted to put that out there. :)


OH! Last summer I bought a pair of size 18 jeans from Coldwater Creek but I have never been able to wear them. Every now and then I try them on and this time I was able to put them on. They still don't fit very good. I had to lie down on the bed to zip them but I got them on! Woohoo! Small victory for a large woman.



Now for the breakfast of champions: sugar free Rock Star and oatmeal (2 pts). Then I was out the door to take my test. I haven't sat in a school desk in so long. By the end of the test I had written 14 pages. My hand was cramping! But I think I actually did ok! YEAH!!!!!
On the way home from the college, I stopped by Subway to pick up lunch. Yep, by the time I finished the test it was lunchtime. I got a turkey sandwich on wheat (5 pts) and had some fat free pringles (1 pt) from home.

For dessert, I treated myself to a chocolate vitatop (1 pt). I love these things!

Chuck's follow up appointment with the doctor was today so I took him. I got to see an xray of the plate they have in his neck. Ouch! But the doc said everything was going great and Chuck could start living his life normally again. I hope this takes care of the pain he had in his shoulder and neck. He had to have 2 disks fused. The scar is nasty. I'll post a picture of it at the end of the post.


On the way home from the doctor I started getting hungry but I had to make a pit stop by the grocery store. I knew groceries and a hungry shopper are not a good combo so I ate a caramel Fiber One bar (2 pts). I still ended up buying too much.

Time to make dinner already! I love the Green Giant veggies. The potatoes are soooo delicious. You get 1/2 cup for 2 points. You get 1/2 cup of the cheesy broccoli for 1 point. But it's just barely a point. You could count it as 2.
Dinner: BBQ riblet sandwich with mustard and pickles (5 pts), roasted potatoes in garlic butter sauce (2 pts) and broccoli cheese sauce (1 pt). Those riblets are so messy but so delicious. They're made by Morning Star....all veggies. They're 4 points each.





Later I wanted something sweet so I reached for a WW mint chocolate chip ice cream (2 pts). Notice that my spoonful does not quite look like the package's spoonful. Where are all of the chips? There were some in there but this flavor was not my favorite even though I am a big mint chocolate chip fan. But I suffered through it and ate it all. haha I'm not saying it was bad; it's just not something that I will buy in the future. The turtle flavor was much better.


Points: 20/28
Activity: none

WARNING....not for weak stomachs! Here is Chuck's scar picture. (although a blurry picture)
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

1 comment:

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)