Saturday, March 7, 2009

Food Log: 3/6/09

Good morning everyone! It's nice to get up and not be in a terrible rush. :) This morning was a bowl of low point Kashi Honey Sunshine cereal with skim milk (2 pts). I really like this stuff. Very Captain Crunch-ish.Needed a mid morning snack so I grabbed some grapes and WW cheddar cheese slice (2 pts). I think I got those cheese slices at Wal Mart. They are so delicious. I need to go get some more.

I started wearing my Bodybugg again. Hubby got it for me as a surprise last year. It's really cool! So with Bodybugg strapped on and my pedometer, Chuck and I went for a walk. It was just a mile since his neck is still trying to heal. But it was nice to get out and burn a few calories and spend time with my dream guy.


Time for lunch: strawberries and spicy tuna sushi (7 pts). The grocery store had sushi made with brown rice! That was a nice change though I do love the white sushi rice. Just trying to make some healthier choices. Small steps=Big results.

We had to take our skittish little sheltie to the vet because she has been just too hyper. They suggested acupuncture and lavender oil and some other calming things for her. I like this vet because they use both conventional methods (drugs, surgery) and naturopathy (lavender oil, etc). Brisbie's a cute little 10 pound sheltie. I'll have to post a picture of her. :)


After the vet I needed a snack to hold me until dinner. I was starting to hear Mr Hungry growl at me. Grabbed this banana (2 pts) which was HUGE. It's hard to tell by the picture but it was a fat banana. I helped it lose some weight. ;-)

Chuck and I went for another walk. I'm really not sure how far we walked. We went to the lake and laid in the grass and watched the clouds. It was a great moment. I love spending time with him. Then we walked to the gazebo and then back home.


Have you tried this Ronzoni pasta? It's only 3 points for 2 oz (uncooked) which equals about a cup cooked. It tastes like regular pasta but has 3x the fiber plus calcium. Very good!

Dinner was spaghetti with "meat" sauce and a sprinkle of low fat Parmesan, garlic bread, and salad. (8 pts). Great dinner!


Here's how I made my low point garlic bread:


  • Take some Nature's Own sugar free hot dog buns.

  • Open them up and spray with I Can't Believe This Isn't Butter Spray (we call it "I can't believe they call this butter).

  • Sprinkle with garlic powder, garlic salt and some parsley flakes.

  • Broil until lightly toasted.


For dessert I reached for a Chocolate Vitamuffin (1 pt). I found them at HEB. For my non-Texan friends, HEB is a grocery store that started in San Antonio. It is named after the owner H.E. Butt. Yep, his name is really BUTT. I think I would have my name changed. But I digress.......
Chuck and I stayed up watching TV. We were supposed to bring a blanket to the lake and watch the stars and have some wine but we were both kind of tired so we stayed in.


Chuck popped some kettle corn (1 pt) for us to munch on.



Overall it was a great day. But I'd rather be......


Points: 23/28

Activity: 3 Pts earned Walked twice

Steps: 10804
Calories burned per Bodybugg: 2534

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)