Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Food Log; 5K; Cheesy Crockpot Chicken Recipe (3 pts)

Happy St Patrick's Day! I remembered to wear green though I don't really know why I do. LOL Oh well. Tradition!

I wanted something a little different for breakfast so I made cheese toast (3 pts) and had a small orange (1 pt).

It was so good! I haven't had cheese toast in so long. My mom used to make it for me all the time. I didn't show you the first attempt at making it. It was charcoal!
.
Today I took the kids to the YMCA for PE. While they were doing their thing I went to the track and started doing my walk/run. I was walking for 2 minutes and running for 1 minute.
.
There was this one chick out there who was running. She was tall and lean and had perfect form and perfect cadence. She lapped me 3 or 4 times but who's counting? I want to be that woman! She is my goal. Not only did she run perfectly without walking and have a beautiful body but she smelled like flowers when she passed me unlike my wet sweaty dog smell.
.
Before I knew it I had walk/ran a 5k!! I want a tee shirt! I was so happy with myself. I hope to be able to just run it one day without having to stop to gasp for breath.
.
I went to the restroom to splash some cool water on my face and who do I run in to? The beautiful runner chick! I asked her how long she had been running and she said about 45 minutes. Um, failure to communicate. Reboot. How many years had she been running? OH! About three years. I told her that she was my goal and how good she smelled and that I was going to blog about her tonight. Weird conversation to have with someone in a women's bathroom.
.
She told me that she saw me running out there (a 200-something pound woman gasping for air like a fish out of water does attract attention) and I was doing exactly what I needed to do. She started out walking/running like I did. She is now training for her first marathon. WOW! I hope my sweat smells like flowers when I get in shape too.
.
After the "Y" I got my runner's high going. You know that great feeling you get after running? I love it!
.
I felt like this:
Reality:
I'm going to start training to run a 5k without walking. I love that feeling and I want to earn some tee shirts. It's all about the tee shirts for me.


Lunch: flatout wrap with chicken, lettuce, cheese, mustard (3 pts) and baked Tostitos and 2 Tbs Frito Lay Bean dip (2 pts) and some leftover corn (2 pts).
Got cleaned up and cleaned a little house.
Had a couple of Peeps (1 pt)


Dinner was really good: Cheesy Crockpot Chicken over Ronzoni Pasta and salad (7 pts)


Cheesy Crockpot Chicken (3 pts)
2 pounds Chicken breasts without skin
2 cans 98% fat free Cream of Chicken soup (I used cream of celery)
1 can condensed cheddar cheese soup
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
.
Place chicken breasts in the crockpot. Mix the undiluted soups together with the garlic powder and pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours, until chicken is tender. Serve over rice or noodles (don't forget to add these POINTS). Makes 8 servings.

Desert: Skinny Cow Chocolate Truffle bar (2 pts). Super yum!
Munchy while watching Biggest Loser: 2 Jolly Ranches (1 pt). I know there are 3 in the picture but I gave one to Chuck. I'm so sweet.I was feeling so proud about my little 5k thing today until I watched Biggest Loser where 278 pounds people were running half marathons! Holy crop! How did they do that?! I'm impressed.
.
In case you missed it, Cathy volunteered to go home. Poor blue team can't catch a break. I think it's pretty bad that Sione and Filipe won't train with Jillian. Oh well.
.
Tomorrow I face the scale. I hope there is a loss. Crossing my fingers.
Points: 23/24
Activity: 5k!
Calories Burned: 2830

7 comments:

  1. Way to go on your 5K run walk! Think the sweet smelling running girl is looking for your blog? lol. (and what would be the google search?) :P

    anyway, yeah for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're doing amazing!! And oh wow, super great eats! i have never had a peep before! Do they taste like marshmallows? I like marshmallows. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharon, Peeps are sugar coated marshmallows. Try one! :)
    ANd for fun, put one in a microwave and heat it. They get HUGE! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad you watched the video. I have watched it 3 times and I still cry each time.

    Oh, I was loving biggest loser last night when they ran that half marathon. So inspirational!!

    You can do it. You can do whatever you set your mind to do. Never forget that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so proud of you! Youre already up to running 1 minute and walking 2 minutes, before you know it, it's going to be 1/1 and then all running. I'll admit, I'm envious, I am fairly certain that I havent lost enough weight yet to truly run. So for now I am doing it on the elliptical! So just think, you are my goal right now! See there is always someone that wants to be in the position that you are!

    As for the lady smelling like flowers. Must be nice lol. I sweat like a fiend, but that lets me know that I've been working my bootie off!

    PS-Yet another recipe that I am adding to my grocery list for next week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go! I am enjoying all the pictures.... now I'm, hungry!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)