Monday, March 16, 2009

Food Log; Awesome "Fried" Chicken Recipe; stupid camera

Guess what! It's beautiful, sunny and warm outside. We have the craziest weather in Texas.



This morning I was craving some Kashi Honey Sunshine and milk (2 pts). I love this stuff so much. Have you tried it yet? Wish I could share. :)

I was so sleepy today even though I had my SF Rock Star this morning. I was feeling more like a rock star after a night of partying. Maybe it was that high point dinner I had last night.



Lunch: chicken, pickles, FF Ranch, FF Swiss cheese, and lettuce on a Flatout Bread (4 pts) and some Pringles (1 pt) and grapes (1 pt).

Mid day snack was half of this beautiful red pear and a leftover cornbread muffin (4 pts).



I know, this is random but Rachel made this cute hunter/gatherer hut from "mammoth bones and hide" today and I had to show you. Isn't that clever?!

OK. I am SO excited to share this awesome dish with you but I am uber ticked off with my camera. This was a meal that could have graced the cover of Cooking Light but stupid camera (!) was messing up again. Tomorrow I'm bringing out the Canon big boy. If that messes up then it's just user error.


THIS is even better than the taco chicken I told you about a couple of days ago. PLEASE do yourself a favor and make this. You will not be disappointed. Love fried chicken? Miss fried chicken because you're watching your figure and points? Not any more! This is it, baby!


Crispy chickeny goodness.


So here are the stats: potato crusted chicken (4 pts), corn (2 pts) and salad (o pts), salad dressing and a little spray butter (1 pt). Yep, this whole meal could be yours for merely 7 pts!
I really wish the picture would have turned out better.
You know you want to make this. Try it and let me know how much you love it. If you don't love it I don't wanna know. :P
.
Potato Chip Crusted Chicken
from The Most Decadent Diet Ever
Two 3-oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts, visible fat removed
1/3 cup lowfat buttermilk
Olive oil spray
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/8 tsp salt
Pinch of cayenne
1.5 oz (about 1/2 cup) finely crushed Baked! Ruffles potato chips
**NOTE: I doubled the recipe and crushed up more chips than called for just to be sure. Also added some garlic powder. I also didn't have time to soak them but for an hour in the buttermilk and it turned out just fine.
.
Place the chicken breasts between two sheets of plastic wrap or wax paper on a flat surface. Use the flat side of a meat mallet to pound them to an even 1/2 inch thickness. Put the chicken breasts in a resealable plastic bag that is slightly larger than the breasts. Pour the buttermilk over the breasts, seal the bag, and then turn the bag to coat. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight, rotating once for twice.
.
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
.
Lightly mist a small baking sheet with spray.
.
Mix the onion powder, paprika, black pepper, salt, and cayenne in a small bowl.
.
Remove one chicken breast form the buttermilk and let any excess buttermilk drip off. Sprinkle both sides of the breast evenly with half of the seasoning mixture. Then transfer the breast to the bowl of crushed chips and cover completely with the chips. Place the coasted breast on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining chicken breast. Discard any remaining marinade.
.
Lightly mist the top of the breasts with spray. Bake for 4 minutes, and then carefully flip the breasts with a spatula, being sure not to remove the coating. Lightly mist the tops with spray and bake for another 3-5 minutes OR until the coating is crispy and the chicken is no longer pink inside. Serve immediately.
.
Each breast: 206 calories; 22g protein; 4g fat; <1>
4 points per breast


After dinner I had a piece of angel food cake (3 pts).

And later I had some kettle corn (1 pt).

I took the day off from exercise and the Shred because my muscles were very sore and I was just plain tired. We were all tired today.
.
BUT I did play some Wii tennis and was sweating. My arm is so sore now. LOL When I play tennis, I use up the whole living room. I really get into it. I'm all over the place. So maybe I did earn some activity points. But I used them up at T Bone Tom's last night.
Overall a good day. Only two days until weigh in. *eek*
Points: 23/24

4 comments:

  1. Hey, the Kashi looks like Cap'n Crunch! Does it taste anything like it? You are doing an awesome job. Keep making healthy choices! I've saved your chicken recipe for later.
    Path to Health

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tastes very much like Captain Crunch! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried he Kashi cereal and it is so yummy! It does sort of remind me of Captain Crunch like you mentioned.

    The chicken is a keeper! I am going to add it to my grocery list for next week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let me know what you think of the chicken. It is definitely a favorite around here. Hubs even called from work and said he wished he had more. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)