Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Food Log; Crockpot Meatball Recipe; Mean to Girl Scouts

Great day today. It's beautiful outside and I am going camping in just a few days. Have I mentioned how much I NEED a camping trip? We are even going to rent horses one day. SO much fun and adventure awaits in the great outdoors.
.
I have GOT to try this!!!
I have this weird fear of heights but I really think it would be fun. Just have to remember to bring an extra pair of pants for when I wet mine. This place is in New York. New York, Texas, that is!! It's called ZipLine Adventures.
I think I'm going to treat myself to a zip line adventure as a weight loss reward. When should I do it? 20 pounds? 30 pounds? 40 pounds? NOW?! Anyone want to try it with me?
.


Breakfast: oatmeal (2 pts) and a tiny bagel (1 pt) and an individual cup of WW cream cheese (1 pt) and a cup of coffee (0 pt)
Lunch: leftover cheesy chicken over pasta (6 pt) and an apple (1 pt)
Dessert: Blowpop (1 pt)

Midafternoon snack: orange (1 pt)

Dinner was something new: 6 crockpot meatballs (6 pts), broccoli in cheese sauce (1 pt) and garlic roasted potatoes (2 pts).
.
The meatballs were very good. I'm not a huge fan of ground beef but everyone seemed to enjoy these. The family gave it ****/5 stars.
Crockpot Meatballs--6 pts
1 pound ground beef 4% Fat
1/2 cup uncooked rice -- (I use Minute rice)
1/2 cup onion -- finely chopped (I used onion powder instead)
1/4 cup green bell pepper -- finely chopped
1 large egg
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
10 3/4 ounces 98% Fat Free Tomato Soup -- (undiluted)
.
Mix together beef, rice, onion, green pepper, egg, salt and pepper. Shape into 24 or so meatballs and place in slow cooker or crockpot and pour soup on top. Cover and cook on medium for 3 to 4 hours or low for 5 to 6 hours
4 servings 6 pts each according to RecipeBuilder
.
.
As I am getting dinner together I hear the doorbell ring. I open it and there is a cute little girl selling candy bars. Now the polite thing to do would be to buy one from her. But I am beyond polite. I am trying to overcome candy bars! Look at me! Obviously I have had trouble passing up candy bars.
.
This little girl may has well be peddling crack to an addict. If someone offers a glass of wine to a recovering alcoholic, that person is not offended when the alcoholic turns down the drink. But this little girl looked like I had just shot her dog when I told her no. Apparently they are not told "no" very often. The mom just stared at me too. Couldn't they tell that I have a problem? Unlike alcoholism, eating problems do not hide themselves well.
.
I was out one day and saw a mini Girl Scout (I think they're called Daisies) peddling her wares in the rain! Of course everyone bought a box of cookies. Then she came to me. I said no. The look on her face and on the mom's face was incredible. Shouldn't I be allowed to say no?
Moms with Scouts: please understand when someone like me says no. It's not that I have issues with your kid or am a heartless wench. I have a goal to be healthy and I can't let cookies and candy bars get in my way. I appreciate your patience with people like me. I am not mean. I am determined and motivated.
.
I go to my weigh in but don't stay for the meeting. I'm really happy with my 2 pound weight loss but I wouldn't have complained if it had been 5 pounds.
.
I treated myself to this cool little gadget. I love gadgets!
After the weigh in and dinner the whole family headed over to the "Y" to go swimming. It was so much fun! I love swimming and I got an hour of exercise. Go activity points!
.
You know how you are starving after swimming? Well, I wasn't starving but this Vitamuffin (1 pt) lightly heated was just perfect for a snack. Oh man, I love those muffins.

I hate to admit this but I am sore from Wii Tennis! I played again last night. It's pretty fun.
.
Tonight I'll probably have a bowl of popcorn (1 pt) but I haven't had it so I haven't taken a picture. :)
.
Points: 24/24

Activity: 1 hour swimming
.
And thanks for the comments that you leave. I enjoy reading them.

6 comments:

  1. Those meatballs sound yummy! And yay for saying no to the fatty snack peddling cuties. I wasn't as fortunate and couldn't resist the scouts. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, pick me, pick me for ziplining!!!!! I have a fear of heights but want to do this too!!! What is WRONG with us???

    Your eats today are outstanding!

    I have a hard time saying no to those girls and their evil cookies and candy. Sometimes, I just give them the money and tell them to donate a box for me:)

    Have fun camping!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean. I was a girl scout once, and I still don't feel bad about saying no. There's always something for sale by someone's kid in my office, and, mean or not, I almost always take a pass. I'm single. If it comes home to my kitchen, it is up to me to eat it! Either that, or I have to pawn unhealthy stuff on my friends. A guy at work who decided to give up sugar for lent left his gs cookies out to tempt everyone at work yesterday. I got close enough to touch the tagalong box and then ran away. :-)

    Congrats on your loss and on your gadget. I also love the blow pop for dessert!!! Hee hee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the idea of going on a zipline. I'd totally go if I lived closer (and I didnt think theyd turn me away for fear that I'd break their line!)

    Girl Scouts are pushers. They cant take a no, I cant even go to the grocery store closest to me because there are at least a dozen of them at a time!

    Kudos on your loss!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I run from the girl scouts as well.

    Sometimes when the kids come selling candy, I just give them the dollar for a bar and don't take the candy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. DO THE ZIPLINE!! I've done it before and honestly its sooo much fun. Once you are up there and hooked in you won't even think about the height, just how awesome it is. Go for it!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)