Thursday, March 19, 2009

Food Log; Food Finds; Goodbyes

Today is a very busy day. I'll just start by saying that this was not my best day of eating but I still stayed on plan. I just didn't get all of my fruits and veggies in.
.
Breakfast: my favorite cereal Kashi Honey Sunshine and milk (3 pts)
Today was PE for the kids so I took them to the "Y" and instead of exercising like I was supposed to I made a grocery list for my camping trip.
On the way home I grabbed a quick lunch at Chik-Fil-A: chicken sandwich, fruit cup and Diet Coke (10 pts). This was totally worth the points.
I get home and what is waiting for me on my doorstep? My Hungry Girl Vitalicious Package! Look at all that chocolate.

You know I had to have one right away. Vitabrownie (1 pt) This tasted just like the vitamuffin except with a few walnut sprinkles. Nothing new but still tasty.



After running the roads all day trying to gather things for our first camping trip in 1.5 years I grab a quick dinner. I had a Subway Steak and Cheese and some FF Pringles (9 pts). Again, totally worth it. I added a tiny, tiny amount of FF mayo when I got home.

More errands. Still didn't get the trailer tonight like I wanted. It's still in storage and we leave tomorrow. Chuck needed to change the oil on the diesel truck. After that we needed to go get a new battery for the trailer. We get in the truck and start to head off and hear a loud CRUNCH. Poor Chuck had forgotten the oil pan he left in front of the truck. So oil was all over the driveway (and still is!). He tried to clean it up as best as he could. It wouldn't be a trip for us without some major catastrophe.
.
Get home with new battery and I am so hungry. What's the deal? We're all hungry tonight. I'm trying to gauge whether it's true hunger or just nerves. It's hunger.
So I have a healthy snack: orange (1 pt)

Still hungry! How about some popcorn (1 pt)?
Still hungry! I decided to keep a Tootsie Pop (1 pt) in my mouth. They last for a while, right? Then it's time to go to bed before I eat everything. :)

But before I go, I want to show you some things I found at the grocery store.
This whole bag of beef jerky is only 3.5 points! Not bad and lots of protein.


I bought these Guiltless Gourmet chips on a whim and they are actually better than the Baked Tostitos in my opinion. Your mileage may vary. 18 chips are 2 points.

And now I have to say goodbye. I won't be blogging for a couple of days because we leave for our camping trip tomorrow. I'm really looking forward to this though. I'll be sure to keep taking pictures of my foods though.
.
.
And now the goodbye I was dreading. Chuck's Uncle Henry Schindler passed tonight from a brain tumor. We knew it was coming but you can never be truly ready. It really puts all of your day to day troubles in perspective. I was worried about an oil spill and my trailer and tonight a sweet, loving man has died. He was a great artist and was even offered a job at Disney.
We'll miss you Uncle Hank. So much.

5 comments:

  1. I am salivating over that Kashi cereal. I really really really want to try it, but I keep forgetting about it when I go to the market.

    Have fun on your trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for Vitatops!!!! I love them so much and miss my nightly one - maybe tonight???
    I really like your tootsie pop idea! I think I'll try that for my afternoon munchies!
    Looooove Chick fil A sandwiches - so worth it ;)
    So sorry about your Uncle :(

    Have an awesome trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry about your loss!

    Sounds like you have a great trip coming up! Enjoy your camping trip :) I'm sure you'll get oddles of activity points

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, sooo yummy on those vitatops!! They look so great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think tootsie pops are the perfect treat when trying to lose weight. They take a while to eat and they are deeeelicious!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)