Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Food Review: Cocoa Via Chocolate Bars

Chocolate! Sometimes I just have to have it. So when I saw this box of chocolate bars by the protein bars in the grocery store I just had to give them a try.The box says it promotes a healthy heart, reduces bad cholesterol and promotes healthy circulation. So I can eat chocolate for my health? Hallelujah!
You get 5 of these big boys in each box. A tiny Hershey "fun size" bar is 2 points. Compare that to the Cocoa Via which is the size of my hand and only 2 points!
.
The flavor is intense and delicious. They remind me of Dove bars. It turns out that these are made by the makers of Dove Bars! It really is as good as it looks. It is creamy and melts in your mouth. There is no hint that these things could be good for you. It is chocolaty decadence.

Because size matters, I measure the bar and it's about 4.5 inches. That's a lot of chocolate.
And now for the stats: if you're a Weight Watcher this will cost you 2 points. It's totally worth it.
If you count calories, it's only 100 calories. You can see the other nutritional info below.


Highly recommended! I found these above the protein bars in the "healthy" section of my local HEB grocery store.
.
Other Varieties: Milk Chocolate Bars with Almonds (3 pts; 110 calories); Crispy Chocolate Bars (2 pts, 90 calories); Blueberry and Almond Chocolate Bars (2 pts, 100 calories); Chocolate Covered Almonds (3 pts; 140 calories)
.
You can read more about the health benefits of cocoa flavanols here: Cocoapro.com
For more information about Cocoa Via products, visit their web site.


2 comments:

  1. Kelly,
    They do look great. I have always thought about trying them but I didn't want to spend the money ifthey are't good. I think I will try them now. Thanks for sharing and thanks for the sweet comment on my blog!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)