Saturday, March 28, 2009

Give me back that Filet o Fish; Bluebonnets; Dinner Challenge

It got C-O-L-D overnight. Last night we could hear the wind blowing hard. It was kind of neat.

Chuck is so good to cook breakfast on the weekends. I'm still experimenting with my bagel fetish so my usual English muffin sandwich was turned into a bagel sandwich. OMG, so good!

Breakfast: CarbCheck bagel with egg white, cheese, and bacon (5 pts) and coffee with creamer (1 pt)


We all got ready and headed out to Brenham to see the bluebonnets.

I can't get that freakin McDonald's song out of my head! Have you seen the commercial?

Soooooo.....we stop by McD's for some lunch. Yep, I got the Filet-O-Fish (mustard instead of tartar sauce...to save points), small fry and Diet Coke (11 pts).
Gimme back that filet o fish; give me that fish.


Then off to take some pictures. Chuck took so many terrific shots. I wish I could post them all but it would use up so much memory. Here are a few:




We had to rush home to make it to the in laws in time for dinner. Chuck's grandpa and aunt were there too. It was good to see them. His aunt is now my favorite aunt after tonight: she kept telling me how much weight I had lost and saying that my clothes were too big for me. Oh, she knew all the right things to say.


Chuck's mom even mentioned it! Wow! They asked what my secret was and I just said that I was eating healthier food and moving more. I'm not ready to mention Weight Watchers yet. I don't know why.


Here is a picture of the dinner spread. It would have been too hard for me to explain if I took a picture of my plate. This was easier. :) So I had some grilled chicken, corn, green beans, 1 Tbs mac and cheese (yeah, I know), and a big portion of salad with spray dressing. You don't see a picture of the dessert spread. There were two types of cakes and brownies. I had 1 brownie and a bite of both cakes. One bite each! I estimated my total dinner at 13 points.


I had to use 6 of my weekly allowance points but I am ok with that. I was able to eat dinner without making it a huge ordeal. Success!


We had such a good time just driving around looking at the landscape today. I think we're going to go and do the same tomorrow. Wish me luck if we stop by Blue Bell. I can get a HUGE bowl of any flavor for $1. Yeah, it's Brenham: the birthplace of Blue Bell Creamery.

9 comments:

  1. Hi, Kelly! Thanks for visiting. MUFA is monounsaturated fatty acids, the HEALTHY fat our bodies need and they actually help burn belly fat, so they are a staple of the Flat Belly Diet. The MUFAs they list (and recommend for every meal) are: avocados, healthy oils, nuts, olives and DARK CHOCOLATE. You need to have one at every meal. (Total of 400 calories per meal or snack.)

    I just love visiting your blog to see the photos. We moved to Colorado from Texas and while I don't miss the almost constant heat of San Antonio, I DO miss bluebonnet season! ;-)
    Path to Health

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did so well with dinner, it looked like quite a spread. And congratulations on the compliments.

    Fantastic pictures. Love those bluebonnets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog...

    Those are great family photos, but I liked the nature ones, too. I'm not originally from Texas and appreciate that you identify the animals in your photos. I really liked the baby alligators photo. I live next to a lake here in Texas so it makes me a little nervous, though!

    Good luck on your weight loss journey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, Kelly!!!!!!!! You did it! You made it through what could have been a deal-breaker dinner with flying colors!!! Awesome:)

    Yeah, we've been singing the filet of fish song, too. Ah, advertising at its finest;)

    BEAUTIFUL pics, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pictures are AWESOME!!!

    And how great about the comments your family made!! And you made great choices...success!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Success! I am so proud of you. You did it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pictures! I'm just up the road from Brenham and am enjoying the bluebonnets - great crop this year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your scrumptious eats. Fish Filet is one of my favorites! =D

    ReplyDelete
  9. GORGEOUS photos, lady! You look like such a nice family!

    Awesome, awesome, awesome on the dinner front. I'm glad it was a positive experience, and I'm happy for you that everyone is noticing your weight loss!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)