Monday, March 23, 2009

I'm Back!!; Free Offers; No Food Log

Hey, Everyone! Hope you had a great weekend. My camping trip was such a needed break from reality.
.

(this is going to be a little long so it won't hurt my feelings if you skim)
.
As you know, Chuck's uncle died the night before we left. Then Friday morning we thought we were going to have to put my daughter's collie to sleep. He's old and has terrible arthritis. He woke us up about 5:15am howling because he was laying in his own pee and couldn't get up. With a little cheese as incentive he found the strength to get up. He hasn't had another episode like that so maybe the guy can hang in there a little longer. He's such a sweet dog.

Here is the travel trailer that I called home for the weekend. We're getting her loaded and ready to go.
We got the last campsite available at Lake Livingston and it certainly wasn't the top pick. We were parked almost on top of someone. Usually state parks are spacious but this section of the park was not! Got set up and headed to town for our obligatory trip to Wal Mart. While out we stopped at McDonald's. Yuck. I would have thought that it would make my tummy happy but it didn't!
.
Got up Saturday morning and rented surreys. It sounded like a good idea at the time but it quickly became apparent that this was a lot of work. I think I might have earned a few activity points for this one. My legs were killing me. In the end, I'm glad we rented them because it's something that I've always wanted to do but I don't think I want to do it again.

The kids broke out in a water gun fight that quickly escalated into a bowl of water fight. It was fun to watch them as long as I didn't get wet. :)

After everyone gets cleaned up it's time to head over to the stables for our horseback ride. I was the only one in my family who had ever ridden before so I was really looking forward to sharing the experience with hubs and the kids. I used to show in registered Quarter Horse shows. It was so much fun but very, very expensive. I grew up on a very small ranch and got to have so much fun riding horses, swimming in the ponds and playing with chickens. OK, I'm getting off track here. Back to the story.....

So we get on the horses and go on a 3 mile trail ride. The dogwoods were in bloom and everything was so beautiful. You basically just sat on your horse and it followed the lead horse. But the kids all had so much fun. Totally worth it. We are going to have to do this again! I think it was the highlight of the trip.


Sunday morning we got up and had breakfast and then went on one final hike before packing up. Every one's always sad on the last day because no one is ready to go home yet.

We went on this beautiful trail that was made entirely of a boardwalk. There were wildflowers everywhere and the weather was sunny and cool and the birds were singing.

After we got home, we unloaded and went to Texas Roadhouse for some steaks and Texas Tea (a version of Long Island Iced Tea). No, I didn't count points for it. It was a great dinner and just a perfect way to end a great weekend. We hadn't camped in the trailer in a year and a half. It was good to get out again. Looking forward to the next trip. :)


No food log this weekend. I just enjoyed myself and made a few wise choices and a few that I could have done better on. But I was on vacation and I had a great time. Let's just say that I probably won't be weighing in this week. LOL :) Somebody stop that wagon that I fell off!


And now some free offers for goodies!!!

I found out about these from the Hungry Girl newsletter. If you don't get this you may want to sign up for it. It's a daily email with food news, offers and recipes.


Sun Crystals--a mixture of sugar and stevia and only 5 calories each

Splenda--same ole Splenda but with fiber!

All-Bran Goodies--Sample Strawberry Medley cereal, Fiber Bars, Fiber Drink Mixes, or Rolled Fiber Wafers, and All-Bran will send you a rebate (expires 4/30/09).
That's it for today. I have a lot of housework to catch up on and a lot of blogs to catch up on. Hope your weekend was as good as mine. :)

8 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, what a blast!!! that water fight, hahah loooks so much fun!!!

    welcome back!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you had a great trip! I love horseback riding!

    Even though you didn't track, I can't encourage you enough to go weigh in this week anyways.

    It will give you a fresh start and really put the last few days of not tracking in the past.

    Of my 50 or so weeks on WW, I can count at least 7 (maybe more!) weeks where I gained. No one is perfect, one week and one gain isn't the end of the world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! What a fund trip. Looks like everyone had an absolutley great time.

    I agree with Karen, chaulk this week up to a learning experience (where you had a great time), go ahead and weigh in as you normally do, and take a clean start to get back on track! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, OK...I'll weigh in. but I won't like it! LOL Maybe I can exercise tons and earn a lot of activity points. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey there Kelly~

    Could you drop me an email today at Lyn2007(at) att (dot) net? I have some happy news for you re: a certain cool scale... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Get back on that wagon, woman! I know you'll pick yourself right back up.

    Love the photos, thanks for sharing. The one of your hubby, son, and daughter is amazing! I can't wait til me and my hubby have kids!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome pictures!!!! You guys looked like you were having so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks and sounds like a lot of fun. Nothing better than family time!
    Path to Health

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)