Monday, March 16, 2009

Moods, Emotions, Exercise and blog quotes

Thank you for the sweet comments. I do read them and they do make a difference. I appreciate you taking the time to brighten my day. Darci and Ashley, big thanks. Really.

I am doing better today. It just seems like a huge obstacle that's impossible to conquer. I just have to take it one step at a time. If I can only keep my emotions in check I'll be ok.

It seems that I am not the only one who has to go through this.

From http://adauntingtaleofscalewarfare.blogspot.com/
"I am exercising, I am weighing/measuring my food, I am tracking my food, I am eating some of my earned activity points, etc. I feel like I am in a never ending battle."

EXACTLY! That's exactly how I feel sometime. This is not my first rodeo with weight loss. It is my first time with WW though. I've done the Atkins, Power Protein, the fun The More You Eat the More You Lose Soup diet, raw food, LA Weight Loss, etc etc etc. I've had more ups and downs that yo-yos.

I've also been doing the Shred lately and wondering why it's still so darn difficult. Then I read this and I felt a little better:
From http://www.healthytippingpoint.com/
"I did Level 2 of the 30 Day Shred this AM and it was SO HARD. Level 2 is much more advanced than Level 1.... sweat was dripping off me by the end of the first circuit. It's endlessly ironic to me that I can run a half marathon, but a workout video knocks me down!"

Ok, if a marathon runner finds it difficult then maybe a 200-something pound out of shape mom shouldn't feel too bad about it. Right?

So looking at the big picture I see a huge obstacle. But looking at each day I can say, "I can do this. I can take each day and make it the best day possible."

And one day I'll walk past the scale without a feeling of dread. One day, I'll have confidence to try new clothes. And one day I'll climb a REAL mountain on my own two feet.

5 comments:

  1. aww you are working SOOOO HARD!!! dont feel discouraged. seriously, the shred is hard as all hell and i do the modified moves!!! LOL

    thanks for the quote and happy shredding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks both for your comment and the shout out!

    This is really tough stuff, I've gone through a lot in life, and weight loss is that demon of sorts that I cant seem to conquer, and it sounds like you can completely empathize with that!

    Go girl! 30 Day Shred Level 2 was tough, I thought it was easier, but that was because I couldnt do some of the moves! I immediately moved back to level 1...I'm just not ready for anything that Jillian calls a "plank" ugh!

    I too hope that one day I wont dread getting on the scale, and that when I do get on the scale at that point, I will feel so much more in control over what the numbers say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kelly! I think this might be the first time I've visited your blog. You have lots to say, girl. And it looks like you've tried everything under the sun to lose weight. Just like ME! lol My most pathetic, legit attempt was through a book called "Look Great Lose Weight While Breastfeeding". Ummmm, that didn't work for me. I might just be the ONLY woman in the world who managed to *gain* during my years of nursing babies. lol I love it. I'm adding you to my blog reader roll thingy. Whatever it's called. Hope that's OK. If not, let me know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Heather! Thanks! I love your blog and visit it daily. I'm honored!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 30 day shred is HARD!! but keep it up, you'll get stronger!!

    and its so great to look at your journey one day at a time and not get overwhelmed!

    ps glad i could help! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)