Friday, March 27, 2009

Wii Outdoor Challenge, BBQ Pizza w/Pineapple and Goat Cheese; Fettuccine Alfredo, Peach Cobbler

Today was not nearly as hectic as yesterday! And not nearly exciting either.



So I have an essay due and haven't even started research for it. And it's a light topic: Lewis and Clark. No worries. My trusty Sugar Free Rock Star and super fiber filled Carb Check bagel with cream cheese (3 pts) will get me going!

I wanted something a little different for lunch so I made this BBQ Pizza with Pineapple and Goat Cheese (5 pts for entire pizza)BBQ Pizza with Pineapple and Goat Cheese

(5 pts) **run your own points because product nutrition varies


1 Flatout Bread


spray oil


4 Tbs. BBQ sauce


1 oz. goat cheese (mine had 50 calories per ounce)


1/2 cup pineapple tidbits drained


1-2 Tbs chopped cilantro to taste


Spray baking sheet with oil. Place flatout bread on pan and bake at 350 degrees for 7 minutes. Top pizza with BBQ sauce, pineapple, crumbled goat cheese and cilantro. bake for about 7 minutes or until edges are crispy and cheese is melted.



Finally get essay written and turned in. It's not my best work but it's done. I think I have spring fever. And the only cure is more cowbell! LOL

Snack: 2 clementines (1 pt) These are so sweet and delicious. I only wish they didn't have those little seeds that surprise you from time to time. They're like a huge speedbump in my eating.
We had a huge, massive, awesome thunderstorm blow through. I just love a thunderstorm and a cup of hot tea. Makes me feel warm and fuzzy.

This Bavarian Wild Berry by Lipton has real pieces of fruit and it comes in these cool mystical shaped pyramid bags.

My daughter Rachel challenged me to make fettuccine alfredo in a WW friendly manner. I love a challenge...especially if I think I can do it! So here is my Hungry Girl inspired version of fettuccine alfredo. The taste was enjoyed by all and it only had 5 pts. That's a LOT better than the original version that had 24 points! That's my entire daily allowance!
.
The only thing bad is that it thickens quickly so serve it immediately after preparing it.
.
I know the portion size is absolutely correct because my new digital scale arrived in the mail!!! Woohoo! This is the one that I won a few days ago. I love it soooooo much. I think I was overestimating my portion sizes. Oops! This fixed that right up. I divided everyone's dinner up by measuring the portions. And did you know that the serving size of a lot of products is not accurate? i was measuring the hot dog buns and they were off by 4 grams from what the package said. Egad!
.
Dinner: fettuccine alfredo (5 pts), garlic bread (1 pt) and salad (0 pt)


Fettuccine Alfredo
4 servings 5 pts each
8 oz Ronzoni pasta
2 wedges Laughing Cow cheese, Light Swiss
4 tsp fat free sour cream
about 4 tbs milk (may need more)
salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste

Boil pasta until tender. Drain and add remaining ingredients. Stir until evenly distributed and cheese is melted. Serve immediately! You may need to add more milk to get creamy texture.

Now it was time for Wii Outdoor Challenge! This game is so much fun. It's even more fun to watch other people play because they have to jump and do other funny things. :)

I get my heart rate up much faster with this than the Wii Fit. Plus it doesn't say "You're obese!" when I step on it like that high pitch voiced board on Wii fit. There are so many different games like log rolls, skateboarding, miner car races, hurdles, jump roping. It even has different exercise routines to choose from like full body, 5 minute easy, 5 minute cardio difficult, marathon, etc.

You can play by yourself or work as a team with another person. you can even compete with another person.

The play mat and the game are packaged together. You will need at least 1 Wii remote.

Super duper fun! I earned some activity points and was sweating in no time. My 8 year old son was actually sore from playing. Pretty good work out.


Dessert time! Peach cobbler (4 pts) My husband couldn't believe it was "diet food."

Weight Watcher Cobbler
from WW yahoo group
2 (16 ounce) bags of any frozen fruit
1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix
1 (12 ounce) can diet Sprite or diet 7-Up

Place both bags of frozen fruit into a 13 x 9-inch baking dish (do not thaw). Sprinkle DRY cake mix over the top of frozen fruit. Pour entire can of diet Sprite or diet 7-UP over mixture. Cover with foil and bake 20 minutes at 350degrees F. Uncover and bake an additional 40 minutes.
Yields 12 servings. 4 pts each

**My notes-- some of the cake mix didn't get wet so was still powdery. I'll try to mix it with Sprite next time. Also, sprinkle cinnamon next time. I think I'll also use regular Sprite because I've read that cooking with the diet sodas is dangerous. Something about the sweetener breaking down. A regular soda would only add .2 points to each serving.

After all that it's time to settle down and watch Twilight.

I don't know what's going on but the past 2 days I have not been as hungry as usual. I wonder if it's because of that fiber and protein packed bagel I've been starting my day with. That's the only real change I've made.

I'm really supposed to get 28 points per day but I'm trying an experiment by lowering it to 24 points to see what will happen. Even with that I still had 5 points left over today and 4 points left over yesterday. I'm going to eat one of those bagels for breakfast for a couple of more days and then go back to oatmeal and cereal and see what happens. Love experiments. I know, I'm such a geek. :)

6 comments:

  1. I love your blog! All of your food looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had some AWESOME eats today! And I think you succeed at your daughter's challenge! It looks awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The food looks great. I also really want to play Wii Outdoor Challenge but right now it is ridiculously expensive to buy here for some reason. Boo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. More Cowbell-I put my pants on one leg at a time just like you, but after that, I make Gold Records.

    I LOVE LOVE LOVE the More Cowbell sketch from SNL!

    I've made the fettucini that way before, but I actually added a tablespoon or two of Brummel & Brown (my 1 pt for 1 Tbsp Margarine of choice), and it makes the sauce stay creamier longer, without adding tons of points.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The alfredo recipe looks great! My hubby has been asking me to find a good recipe, so we'll definitely be trying it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are new ones for me! Looks really yummy too..gearing up with recipes for the cold winter days hopefully ahead!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)