Friday, April 10, 2009

Bagels and Tons of Diet Info and Jillian Michaels Radio Show

If you had your heart set on winning those bagels but didn't , talk to your grocery store manager about carrying them in your store. They are usually willing to order what their customers want.

If your grocer needs more info, send him/her here: http://www.southernbakeries.com/naturesgrainupdate031406.htm

I will have another bagel giveaway though. :)

Diets! Diets! Diets! There are so many out there. If you're like me, you're sort of an expert on dieting. Which ones have you tried? LOL We should have a contest to see who has tried the most diets!

I've tried one where you ate tuna and green beans at night, the Atkins, Power Protein, South Bitch Diet (South Beach but with a bad attitude), raw food, juice (I only drank juice for 2 weeks and gained weight!), LA Weight Loss, various internet diet, Ayds (remember the candy?), diet pills, diet juices (like 2 tbs of a mystery juice will make you lose weight), count calories, The Makers Diet....I'm sure there are others but I'm mentally blocking them.

Hungry Girl has a great article today about diets and myths. Sneak Preview:
  • All diets do the same thing: limit calories. Which one works? The one that YOU can stick with. That's the bottom line. But you will not feel the same eating 1200 calories of fried chicken per day as you will lean protein, fruits and veggies.
  • Exercise can cause weight gain. Why? People tend to grossly overestimate how many calories they burn but then underestimate how many calories they eat. Be truthful about your calorie burn. Maybe invest in a device like a bodybugg to get an accurate count. Or underestimate some. Also, exercise can cause a spike in hunger. Be careful. But don't stop exercising!
  • Slow down your eating to speed up weight loss. A study in Japan revealed that people who ate quickly are 300% (!) more likely to be overweight. Put down you fork between bites. Take a sip of water. Plus it takes the brain about 20 minutes to register that it's full. Poor thing is a little slow sometimes. Give it a break.
  • Your TV may be making you gain weight! A 6 year study shows that people who had a high exposure to TV were 43% more likely to be overweight. One option: walk on a treadmill while watching your favorite shows. Or just walk in place! One WW leader suggested doing jumping jacks or doing some sort of exercise during the commercials. Remember, "if you're not bleeding or dying keep moving!" ~Jillian

Check out the article for some interesting diet myths revealed. Very educational. :)

http://www.hungry-girl.com/girls/biteoutdetails.php?isid=1721

If you Shred and just can't get enough of Jillian Michaels you can listen to her on her radio show: http://www.kfi640.com/pages/jillian.html I've heard it's very interesting.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, thanks! I am going to give it a listen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been trying to work on the eating slower thing for a while now. I've had to slow down and take smaller bites recently because of my wisdom teeth, and I hope that is something I can continue to do after everything is better.

    Thanks for resposting that info. Good to know for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this stuff!

    I am a chronic speed-eater - especially since having my daughter - i got used to having to hurry and eat so that I could feed her. . . . it is a REALLY hard habit to break!

    I think it is really cool that you homeschool - do you work with any other parents in your area on outings and stuff?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love Jillian! I just ordered some more of her workout dvd's!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)