Friday, April 10, 2009

Finds; Savory Baked Chops (7 pts); Books

Sometimes it's just hard to wake up. And everybody needs to just back up until you do. :)

So nice of Chuck to cook breakfast for us all.
Breakfast: english muffin with egg white, FF cheese, and 2 pieces of bacon (5 pts)

While Chuck was at the chiropractor, I got some exercise in. I'm having fun with my hula hoop but the jump rope is just pissing me off challenging me. My midsection is super sore now. Go activity points!


I got my free Kashi entree coupon in the mail and bought a lemongrass coconut chicken dish. I didn't expect much since I am not a fan of frozen dinners but this was wonderful! It's 6 points for the entire box but I split it with Chuck since I'm such a nice person. ha! he liked it too.


Lunch: Kashi lemongrass coconut chicken (3 pts for half), edamame (2 pts) and 2 clementines (1 pt) Chuck and I had to run some errands and it was so crowded everywhere. It was madness. And people are always such asses considerate souls during the holidays.



Stopped by Starbucks and got a light tall caramel frappuccino with extra espresso. (2 pts) So good. Chuck and I sat outside and just enjoyed each other's company.



Found some new cheese at the store. These are fat free and contain no animal rennet in them. On the back it says that it melts so we'll see. I haven't tried it yet. They're both only 1 point per ounce. I've never seen a fat free cheese in jalapeno jack flavor before. This is going on my chicken bacon ranch sandwich.
Dinner: Savory Baked Chops, garlic roasted potatoes, wheat roll and broccoli (10 pts)
The picture really doesn't do the chops justice. They were so good. Everyone couldn't get over the flavor. So this is another recipe that I would recommend. The dinner roll was only 1 point. It's Pillsbury and found in the freezer section of your grocery store next to the frozen biscuits and breads. 1 roll is 1 point but 2 rolls are 3 points. Don't ask me how that works.
.
Savory Baked Chops (7 pts)


from http://www.recipegoldmine.com/ww/ww.html

2 tablespoons margarine

1/2 cup chopped onion

3 cloves garlic, minced

1 teaspoon salt

1/4 cup mustard

1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper

2 tablespoons cider vinegar

2 tablespoons light brown sugar, packed

2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce

6 (1 1/2-inch thick) pork chops

3/4 cup ketchup

1/2 cup chili sauce

1/3 cup water

In small bowl, combine margarine, onion, garlic, salt, mustard, cayenne pepper, vinegar, brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce to make a paste. Spread over chops.Place in large baking dish and broil close to heat for 5 minutes. Remove from oven.In small bowl, combine ketchup, chili sauce and water; blend well. Pour sauce over chops.Cover and bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour or until pork is tender.

Serves 6.

7 WW points


For Easter, Chuck let me choose a couple of new cookbooks. After all, he benefits from the gift too. :) There were so many but I got these.
Looking forward to posting some tested recipes from them.

Even though I went over points today I needed my little nightly sweet.
Dessert: Cocoa Via (2 pts) There is definitely going to be some of these in the chocolate giveaway.

Points: 27/24

Activity: +1

That's it for tonight. We're supposed to go on a 5.1 mile hike through downtown Houston along Buffalo bayou with a meetup group. Hopefully the weather will cooperate.

13 comments:

  1. The coconut lemongrass chicken is one of my favorite Kashi meals! The Southwest Chicken is awesome, too. :-)
    Path to Health

    ReplyDelete
  2. UMMMM, those baked chops sound great!! Thanks for posting!

    Kudos to you for only getting a tall light frapp....I'm greedy and MUST have at least a grande if not venti!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let us know how the cheese goes :) I've yet to become a fan of fat free cheese (with the exception of the kraft singles on sandwiches) because of its inability to melt. There is just something off about an omlet with congealed cheese on top lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, great pictures! Lots of healthy sensible choices and everything looks so tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL at the coffee pic!!!!

    Thanks for sharing the baked chops recipe; I stink at cooking pork chops, but I keep trying! This recipe sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i got my free kashi coupon too!! what to choose...what to choose!!!

    wow congrats on the loss this week!!! that is awesome...you're getting so close to your hard earned 10% key chain!!!

    loving all those yummy looking foods this week...pork chops...fish...mac & cheese and all point friendly!! you're awesome girl!!!

    ps thanks for the concerns...i'm back and ready to conquer!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there! I'm so glad I found your blog! I'm in Houston AND I follow WW. I love to cook and I have a blog (delicious-disaster.blogspot.com) where I post lots of WW recipes.

    I'm off to read the rest of your blog now, I just couldn't contain my excitement. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, I think dinner looks great! Totally drooling. And great cookbooks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Where did you buy the cheese????? I looooove pepper jack. Fat free would be the cherry on top for me. I totally agree about the coffee thing. Everyone needs to back off until I have at least half a pot down me. lmao

    ReplyDelete
  10. Heather, I found the cheese at HEB. I know they don't have that store where you are. Aren't your parents in TX? They can probably get some. Or maybe your grocer can stock it. :)
    I'll let you know how it tastes. I'm using it on sandwiches tonight. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jungle Jim's and Whole Foods carries the cheese so I'm good to go. Can't wait to try it! Thanks for the tip. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The coffee cartoon...I have it saved on my computer from the first time I saw it because it is so MEEE. I'm so not a morning person, and don't even mess with me until I've had a cup and some solitude!

    Your food all looks very yummy!

    I don't buy fat free cheese because the last time I did WW (2002) it just didnt' seem to melt. Has it improved? I'm no even going to ask about your new product, because i don't have it available to me, though.

    Happy Easter

    ReplyDelete
  13. jo, I haven't seen any improvement at all in the shredded fat free cheese. But the ff slices melt pretty decently.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)