Monday, April 6, 2009

Food Finds; Taco Soup (3 pt); Turtle Pie (4 pt)

Not much going on today but the usual day to day stuff.
Woke up at 7am to do some studying and brew some coffee (1 pt with creamer).

Breakfast: Bagel with cream cheese (3 pts) sorry, no picture. I figured you were getting tired of seeing the bagel pics. :)

Did some school with the kids and made out my grocery list. Then time to Shred! I did level 1 and it wasn't too bad! I'm so happy.

I was even able to put on some clothes that have been sitting around in the closet for years. That is a good feeling, my friend.

Before hitting the store I ate a Kudos M&M bar (2 pts). Wow! Look at all of those M&Ms! ONE! What a rip. Oh, I forgot to mention that yesterday on the way home we rescued a box turtle from the road. She's so cute. Rachel is going to keep her for a while. She's been reading all about box turtles and what they eat. I'll put up a picture tomorrow.

Off to the grocery store and came across the temptation aisle. I found these great looking cake mixes! You just add water and microwave for a warm, chocolaty cake. Only 3 points, folks! I know there are a lot of ice cream options out there but I prefer some warm cake instead. I can't wait to try these.
Lunch: Tomato Soup and Grilled Cheese (4 pts)
This tomato soup is something that I have been making for years and it is so easy.

Tomato Soup

1 can diced tomatoes

1 can stewed tomatoes

Italian seasoning

Blend tomatoes. Heat with Italian seasoning to taste.

0 pt for 1/2 cup or 1 pt for 1 cup


Tonight's dinner got lots of "mmmm" and "aahhh" noises. Everyone loves this taco soup (1 cup 3 points) It's so filling too! Please try it. It's easy and cheap and low in points plus it's delicious!

Taco Soup

1 pound ground turkey breast

onion powder

1 envelope taco seasoning mix

1 can pinto beans

1 can kidney beans

1 can corn

1 can cream style corn

1 can diced tomatoes

1 can diced tomatoes with chilies (Rotel)

1 envelope Ranch style dressing mix

FF sour cream, corn chips, and cheese (optional)

Brown the turkey with onion powder. Add taco seasoning; mix thoroughly. Add, without draining, the cans of beans, corn, and tomatoes. I blend the tomatoes first because kids and mom don't like tomato chunks. Stir in dry ranch dressing mix. Simmer over low heat until bubbly. Serve with a little bit of crushed chips, sour cream and a little cheese.

1 cup=3 points

You're going to thank me for this one. Do I feel deprived on Weight Watchers? No way!!

It's Turtle Pie (4 pts). Yes. It's as good as it looks. Oh my, it is unbelievable. Try it. I insist. It only takes a few minutes to throw together and is so worth it.
Turtle Pie (4 pts)

1 graham cracker crust

4 oz of sugar free chocolate pudding mix

1 1/2 cups skim milk

1 1/2 cups Fat Free Cool Whip, divided

1 Tbs. mini chocolate chips

2 Tbs chopped pecans

1 Tbs caramel sauce (per slice)

Mix pudding with milk. Add 1/4 cup Cool Whip. Stir and then pour into crust. Spread 1 cup Cool Whip over top. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and pecans. Chill for at least 30 minutes. Serve each slice with 1 Tbs caramel sauce drizzled over the top.

1/8th pie=4 pts

Points: 21/24

Activity: +3

9 comments:

  1. One M&M? Super lame. But that Turtle Pie won me over, big time. I totally want a slice, or two. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two different kinds of turtles in one post. You've outdone yourself! :P

    I've had those microwave cakes. They're freaking good. Kinda small but yummy and melty and chocolatey and...yeah. Good stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tricia, it's funny you mention that. My little boy got a little upset when I told him we were having turtle pie. He thought I was going to make a pie out of our little visitor. haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really Kelly?? You subject me to this torture at 8:00 a.m.??
    My My everything in this post looks wonderful and I will be making that taco soup this weekend!
    I'll let you know how it turns out. thanks in ADVACNE :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. dude I have GOT to find some of those mini cakes. I love me some chocolate cake. That soup looks yummy too. I have a recipe for a taco soup that's 1pt per cup but it looks similar just without the meat. I want to get my son a turtle but my husband said no. party pooper.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG that turtle pie looks so good! Can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH.MY.GOD. I dont know which I want more right now, the Taco Soup or the Turtle Pie. I think I need a snack lol

    I just added all of the ingredients to my online shopping list :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Warm delights are one of my fav desserts! They are all tasty and taco soup, yum! I'm stealing the turtle pie recipe :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So the whole turtle pie is just 24 points? Wow! ;-)

    And warm cake, yeah, but it needs ice cream, too! LOL

    Path to Health

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)