Monday, April 20, 2009

Food Log 4/20/09

I'm just going to warn you in advance that this was a boring day food wise and otherwise.

Still with me? OK.


Got up early to get some more studying done. That will be a recurring theme for the next couple of weeks. Sorry.

Breakfast: oatmeal with nuts (5 pts)

Really? That's how many nuts I get for 3 points? I know they're supposed to be healthy but I hate using that many points for that little amount of munchies.
.

Got grocery shopping early, like 7:45am early. I had the grocery store almost entirely to myself. Nice. And I grabbed all of the markdown meat that I wanted as it was being marked down. Got 16 pork chops. Got some other great deals too. Doesn't it feel great to save money? Also picked up some baby broccoli. Never tried that before.
.

Got home and quickly unloaded groceries and then it was time to meet mom to get our two little dogs that she was taking care of for us while we were in Dallas. Fortunately she met me halfway so I didn't have to drive the 2 hours to her house. Saved a lot of time for me. Thanks, Mom!
.

Lunch: Healthy Choice Asian Potstickers (7 pts) Who was it that tried these a couple of days ago? You were right. These are so great! Love them. If you are craving some Chinese you'll want to try this.

Got a lot of studying done. Yay, for me. And thanks to some caffeine from Sugar Free Rock Star (o pts) Also had 3 DumDum lollipops (1 pt)
.

I had to make a quick dinner because we were leaving to visit Chuck's aunt in the hospital after her knee surgery. She is the recent widow of Chuck's uncle. It's still tough which is understandable.
.

Dinner: buffalo style chicken sandwich with dijonnaise; grapes; baked Kettle chips (6 pts) I know. Not very exciting.

Dessert: peanut buddy bar (2 pts) and Cheesecake delight Bar (2 pts) I love these. Not many stores have them though. I found mine at an HEB store. Sorry, I think HEB is only in Texas.

Again, I did not exercise. I have got to get on track with that. I'm making time for me tomorrow. I'll get up early and study some more then take the kids to the "Y" for PE and I'll work out on the treadmill. That's the plan. :)
.

Rachel is doing much better today. She got up last night crying because she had a bad dream about her Laddie. My heart breaks for her as she goes through this. Time will heal her pain though. Just takes time.
.

Points: 23/24
Activity: sadly none

14 comments:

  1. Oh wow, lunch looks delicious, and so does dinner. Everything looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, that bar looks yummy. I think I might have to try my first "100 calorie" item...

    I'm so sorry about your dog... that's tragic :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your food doesn't look boring!

    I think I bought some of those cheesecake bars. I haven't tried them yet. I'll take one to work tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i agree with Janet your food is not boring. And Rachel has been in my thoughts...

    Hope she has a good nights rest tonight

    ReplyDelete
  5. IT WAS ME, ME ME!!! Aren't the potstickers da bomb??? I actually confess....I ate some more tonight for dinner!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cheescake bars look delish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have the Potsickers on my list for this weekend grocery order! I saw a commercial for them, and I was totally stoked to try them out!

    I get chicken potstickers from Trader Joes all of the time, theyre something like 7 for 4 points, so delish dipped in a mix of rice wine vinegar & low sodium soy sauce!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll have to look for those pot stickers. Another great chinese food craving satisfier is Kashi's Sweet and Sour Chicken for 6pts. I had that yesterday for lunch and it was yummy. Is that the HG Buffalo Chicken again? I saw that recipe and can't decide if I want to try it or not. How is it?

    I found the cheesecake bars at Publix too for those not in TX.

    Loosing Laddie will get easier over time but it may take a while. It took me several years to not tear up when I talked about our dog we lost. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was searching everywhere for those Cheesecake Delights, but I can't find them anywhere. Oh well, it's probably for the best!

    Hoping that Rachel can sleep better tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Early morning shopping sounds like an excellent idea!

    Hope you like the baby broccoli--I'm a big fan!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love early morning shopping - crowds annoy me lately! Gettin old, I guess ;)

    That cheesecake bar looks like I would have major issues with having it around! So Yum!!

    Also, you now have me OBSESSING over Smartfood Popcorn clusters so badly that I am heading out right now to try and find some! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So Sorry to hear about your dog. He did live along life so the memories will always be there :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This bar looks interesting. I am so sorry about your loss. :(
    www.summerfitness.net

    ReplyDelete
  14. The baby broccoli sounds yummy (and healthy)! I'd like to give those a try. And the potstickers too!

    I hope Rachel will be feeling better soon!
    I don't know how old Rachel is, but I lost my dog when I was a little kid, and he had beautiful hair like Laddie too. One thing I remember is that the loss did bring the family closer together.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)