Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Green Smoothie (6 pts); Calzone (5 pts); Creamy Baked Chicken (4 pts) Recipes

My hubby is still feeling poorly so he stayed home today. I hate that he feels bad but I love having him around.

Remember how badly I ate yesterday? Way too many sweets and not enough fruits and veggies. I stayed on plan but it just wasn't healthy. So this morning I made sure that I had ALL of my fruits and veggies servings by 9am. Yep. :P

Preblend..........
and post-blend....... Don't let that green color fool you. Years ago I used to make these every morning when I was doing the "raw food diet" and I gave my kids a blind taste test and they had no clue that it had veggies in it. Trust me.

Green Smoothie
1 c. unsweetened vanilla almond breeze
1 c. ice
2 c. fresh spinach leaves
1 T. flax seeds
1 orange, peeled
1 banana, peeled
1 kiwi (the fruit, not the bird), peeled
some sweetener (I use Stevia)
Blend and enjoy your 5 servings of fruits & veggies.

Mid morning snack: piece of lavender chocolate (1 pt)

For lunch I wanted to make something a little different. I had 1 Morningstar Italian Sausage left and there was some canned, refrigerated pizza dough in the fridge. Why not try to make calzone?!

Lunch: Pepperoni sausage calzone with pizza sauce and salad (5 pts) This pizza dough is 3 pts per 1/6th so I just cut it in six pieces, added some chopped turkey pepperoni, a chopped sausage link and 2/3 cup of WW mozzarella (total for all 6 pieces of dough). I also sprinkled some Italian seasoning in there. Fold over and seal edges then bake according to the pizza crust directions. Serve it with warm pizza sauce. Ohhhhhhhh......it was so good. Seriously mouth watering good. Everyone thought it was definitely 5 stars.

Got a little studying done. Guys, I am going to bomb this final. It's going to be bad.

Time for my run for the Walk-It Challenge. This time I make Rachel go with me because she has a 5k coming up on May 9th. She had a tough time with the run so I'm going to take her along with me from now on. She needs this as much as I do.

Walk 5 minutes; run 1 minute/walk 2 minutes; repeat 7 times; walk 5 minutes. We did a little bit longer because I mis-timed a run and went two minutes a couple of times. Total time: 34 minutes.

Got cleaned up and headed to Kroger for some Rock Star to help me with late night studying and some waffles for Charlie. Why am I having such a tough time finding the Sugar Free Rock Star? It's sold out everywhere I go. Kroger only had 1 4-pack so I bought it and all of the individual cans that they had.

Guess what I found while shopping. 100 calorie packs of Twix, M&Ms, Reese's sticks and 3 Musketeers! All of them are 2 points except the Reese's which is 3 pts.

These are so good that I am including a box of the 3 Musketeers in the "Sweet Success" giveaway.

Dinner: Creamy Baked Chicken, roll, broccoli with cheese sauce (7 pts) That chicken made the house smell heavenly. Very good.Creamy Baked Chicken (4 pts)

4 6-oz chicken breasts

1 can 98% fat free cream of chicken

1/4 cup water

2 cups Stove Top stuffing mix

1 c. fat free chicken broth

4 oz. low fat (or fat free) swiss cheese

Cut chicken breasts in half so you have 8. Place in 9x13 pan and preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix soup and water. Put Swiss cheese on chicken breasts. Pour soup over chicken. Sprinkle crushed stuffing mix over chicken. Drizzle chicken broth over. Bake for about 45 minutes or until done. Check it at 40 minutes because every one's oven is different.

4 pts per breast.

I did something kind of weird today. I saw that quite a few other people are doing it so I did too but it's not something that I would normally do and not sure how I feel about it. Maybe I'm over analyzing it. I nominated my blog for a blog award. You are welcome to vote for it but don't feel obligated. I just feel kind of bizarre putting myself out there like that. So I might eventually take it off. We'll see. The link is at the top of the blog. Hey, why not nominate YOUR blog?!

I did much better today with the eats and even got my run in even though it was over 80 degrees and extremely humid.

Tomorrow I'll be pretty much MIA as I get ready for the final from hell on Thursday. I'll be so glad when this is over.

Hope your day was terrific. Mine was ended on a bad note when RON on Biggest Loser made it to the final 4. That guy even lied to his trained and Bob knew it. Shows Ron's total lack of character. But I am very proud of Tara. I hope that girl wins. She is amazing.

I would like to give a big CONGRATULATIONS to my friend at The Thin Girl Within Me. She just foud out that she is preggers! Yeah! I look forward to following her journey to motherhood. :)

Good night all. :)

Points: 21/24

Activity: 34 minutes walk/jog +2 points

OH! And I found out about a new blog from Darci's web site called Iowa Girl Eats. Great blog but, better yet, she's having a giveaway! So I entered and if you want some good munchies check it out.

13 comments:

  1. Definitely will vote for you for the blog award!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK vote submitted!! Your smoothie looks great! I'll have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanna come live at your house with all that yum-o food!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all your eats today!! Especially the calzones!!!

    Don't feel funny about nominating your blog! It's awesome! I'm heading over right now to vote... =)

    Good luck on your final - think positive - you will be ok =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't stress over your final...you'll do great! you've studied so much!!

    Oh and I voted for you...it's not weird that you entered at all!! i LOVE your blog!

    And I am TOTALLY going to make that chicken...looks SO good and something the hubs will like!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! Thanks so much for the honourable mention and your good wishes, you are so sweet.

    That smoothie is certainly green! It's probably just what I need for all those great nutrients. Problem is, it's the colour I FEEL right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck on the final.

    I was mad Ron made it to the finals too. Grrr. I was glad Tara made it. I think she is so strong and is pretty amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just voted for ya! I wouldnt nominate myself because I want to see you win! No it isnt odd that you nominated yourself, you have an awesome blog and should be proud of it :)

    Another yummy looking recipe! I've used all of the same ingredients, but in the crock pot. I am going to have to give it a try in the oven, since I love just about anything that is crisp!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What is unsweetened vanilla almond breeze and where do you find it?

    Good for you for nominating your own blog! I'm on my way over there now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. jo, almond milk is "milk" made from ground almonds and water. The unsweetened variety is only about 40 calories per cup and makes a pretty good substitute for milk. It is also endorsed by Hungry Girl.

    You can find almond milk in the same section of the grocery store where you'd find soy milk or rice milk. It comes in a carton and does not have to be refrigerated until you open it.

    You can also choose to sweeten it with your favorite sweetener like agave nectar, stevia, Splenda, sugar...whatever.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This drink looks very interesting...I got to give a shot.
    www.summerfitness.net

    ReplyDelete
  12. I will definitely have to try the smoothie. I love stuff like that. The chicken looks wonderful too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have to admit, the only way I've been able to really focus on my intake of healthy veggies is in v-8 juice. I'm very tempted to start thinking about a blender.

    I can't help but think about how "processed" v-8 must be. Making your own just seems right, as you can choose a little more of what ever you choose.

    I actually challenged my girlfriend the other night as she said how "healthy" her apple juice was over a coke. Sure the apple juice has some vitamins but she was really shocked to find out her apple juice compaired pretty close to cola.

    veg juice is the only juice at foolsfitness!- Alan

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)