Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Pineapple Angel Food Cake (2 pts): Losing My Mind; Walking Lessons

My hubby is home again today. I just LOVE having him here. Have I mentioned that before? Sorry. He's just my best friend and it's so cool to have him with me all day. I never get tired of him even after 18 years. :)

Breakfast: Oatmeal, Jay Robb Pina Colada protein (1/2 packet) and WW strawberry banana yogurt (4 pts) Sweetie Pie has talked about this protein powder before but I had never seen it until a grocery trip a few days ago. I like the fact that it's sweetened with stevia instead of some of the other chemical concoctions that are available. I get enough of those in my Diet Cokes, thank you very much. :) Very good and filling breakfast.
Most of my day was spent trying to study. I'll be so glad when this is finished and life can get back to "normal."

Lunch: baked tater with mesquite smoked turkey, cheese and FF sour cream and a salad with fat free feta cheese(7 pts) Boar's Head deli turkey is only 1 point for 2 ounces. You can find all of the nutritional info for their foods on their web site.

I love sweets so much as you can probably already tell. You don't get to be a big girl like me without enjoying your food. ;-)

Mid-day snack: pineapple angel food cake (2 pts) Very yummy and pretty low in points. I want to try it with some FF Cool Whip next time as an icing. Pineapple Angel Food Cake

1 angel food cake mix (make sure it's the kind with only 1 packet in the box..it makes a difference)

1 20-oz can crushed pineapple, undrained

Mix ingredients. It will get kind of puffy. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray. Pour batter in pan and bake for 25 minutes or until golden.

16 servings is 2 pts each or 124.7 calories

12 servings is 3 pts each or 166.3 calories

Dinner: taco chicken wrapped in corn tortillas with FF pepper jack cheese, sour cream and Shreds (shredded lettuce); Kroger brand Spanish "rice-a-roni"; FF refried beans (7 pts) For taco chicken recipe just look on the right side of my blog and scroll down to "recipes" It's pretty easy: just 1# chicken, 1 cup chicken broth and 1 packet taco seasoning; throw in crockpot and cook and shred.

I am so losing my mind. We're eating dinner and talking about the week and suddenly I remember that I forgot about my Weight Watcher meeting! I've never done that before. This is either a good thing and means that I am not obsessing about the scale anymore or a bad thing and I am becoming senile at an early age. I'm choosing the good news. And it's not like I was worried about the weigh in or anything. I was just so concerned about studying that I forgot. Huh.


After dinner yum: piece of ginger chocolate (1 pt)

Time for my walk. Today I was going to do 1 hour walk. I got my mp3 player (sure wish I had one of those cool sleeve things that holds them) and took off. Now, some lessons that I learned today:

  • vampire bats giant mosquitoes make good motivators to move quickly
  • a very small hole in a sock can make a very large blister on the foot
  • the Twilight soundtrack has some great music to walk by
  • snakes come out after a flood

And so, another day is done training for my Walk-It Challenge. That'll do pig. That'll do.

After walk snack: Sobe zero calorie lifewater and watermelon (1 pt) Just so you know, the Sobe 0 calorie water is made with Stevia. Good stuff.

I might have one of my 3 Musketeers 100 calorie bars (2 pts) so I'm going to go ahead and count it.

Points: 24/24

Activity: walked a 6k +5 activity points

REMINDER: don't forget to sign up for my "Sweet Success" giveaway. Ive added a box of those 3 Musketeers to the prize box. Drawing is on Friday, May 8th. :)

Speaking of giveaways, my friend at Shrinky Dinky is giving away a copy of Jillian Michael's new book. Be sure to enter! :)

11 comments:

  1. The cake sounds so good!!

    Congrats on your walk...I've heard that the twilight soundtrack is good...I NEED to download it! Oh yes and you do need one of those arm band things...its a MUST!!!

    Oh and don't feel bad I spaced off my wi last week...we all have those days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you intentionally post all those incredible looking foods on the blog to torment us... me?! I can't even rad your blog entry because all I see is some piece of cake calling to me.

    As far as being senile, well maybe you'd never run out of WW points either then?

    About that sobe, Even the regular Green tea has helped me loose weight... I got one and the girl who was with me took a sip, then another... I had a workout just to get my drink!

    Working out to get your drink is the foolsfitness way!- Alan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I might just have to try that pineapple angelfood cake!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wahoo! Finally able to comment! Isn't that cake great?! It makes good cupcakes also, instant portion control that way (my knife has a way of slipping and cutting larger pieces! :)

    There you go talking my language with those 3 Musketeers again :O

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just made the Angel Food cake with pineapple last month...LOVED it. My 17 year old son did too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. MY MOUTH IS WATERING....not at the cake, but the pina colada protien!!! Oh man, I need some of that!! I do actually love the pineapple angel food cake. I use crushed pineapple, coolwhip, and a package of SF FF vanilla pudding for the topping! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I missed that you tried the SoBe water! Told ya it was great!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the pineapple angelfood cake, too! I make it in a muffin tin sometimes so it's already portioned out!

    Love your eats today, but especially love that with all the stress of studying and preparing for your exams, you are still able to stay focused on eating healthy and on Program! You Rock!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have never heard of that protein powder - i'm going to have to look for it! Again with the yummy-ness!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Years ago, when we were about to move to Texas from California, people told me that after heavy rains, the snakes are in the trees.

    I still don't like to go outside after it rains...you are a brave, brave woman!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do what Marisa does with the cake and make it in muffin tins! I love the edges of cakes, so it gives me more edges :D It is amazing how much this foams up when you mix it! I actually have the ingredients on my grocery order for next week!

    Forgot your meeting! I think that is a fabulous thing. I start thinking about my meeting the day before. I think the stress causes me to hold on to weight. I can be down for days before a meeting and then BAM back up the day of weigh in and BAM back down the next day.

    Snacks...YIKES

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)