Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Week 11 Weigh In Results



I knew I was going to be way too busy studying and being a mom and wife to get to Weight Watchers tonight so I weighed in on the Wii Fit.

Results: -2.4 pounds for a total of 23.2 pounds gone.

This means I reached my 10% goal!!!!!

I'm a little bummed that I won't get that fancy keychain this week after waiting so long for it but I'll grab it next week. And get to sign the wall! Woohoo!

And now, Deep Thoughts with a Happy Texan........

I never thought I would ever lose this weight. It seemed to be something I was just doomed to carry around with me for the rest of my life. I've tried so many darn diets and nothing worked. I'm sure that many of the diets were fine but they didn't fit my lifestyle and eating habits. And I guess I wasn't going to conform to fit the plans either.

I am literally astounded, like jaw on the floor astounded, that I have been losing weight this easily. Yeah, there are challenges from time to time but I'm actually losing. I'm not even counting the days until I can stop "the diet." I realize that any eating lifestyle is a diet but I, along with most Americans, have come to know the word "diet" as a temporary eating plan to attain a goal and then quit.

As the weight has dropped off my self confidence and happiness have increased. Weight loss won't solve all of my problems but it sure as hell doesn't hurt! :)

Not only has Weight Watchers helped me but my family has reaped the benefits as well. Every one of us, excluding my 8 year old son, has lost weight and clothes sizes. I feel a little guilty knowing that it was my fault that they had the weight issues because as soon as I start cooking food healthier we all lost weight.

This 10% goal is such a mile stone for me. I didn't think it was possible that first night I showed up at a Weight Watchers meeting on a whim. I was so shy and feeling slightly defeated. Now look at me. Just 11 weeks!

Now it's time to set some new goals for the week:

  • eat 5 servings fruits/veggies each day
  • keep up with my training schedule for the Walk-It Challenge
  • try a new exercise activity this week (Zumba, Bosu, Spinning?)
  • stay on plan
  • look for something to be happy about each day
  • tell my family how much I love them each day

15 comments:

  1. 10% WOOOO HOOO Lady! Congratulations!

    You are doing such a wonderful job, you should be entirely proud of yourself :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a problem with your post.
    Allow me to clear something up.

    You are not at fault for our weight gain. Dad has a role in this, too, ya know. I was (and still am in some cases) lazy and didn't want to have to deal with cooking in every night, etc.

    Not only have we all reaped the benefits of your eating habits in our health, but we also get to have "the momma" around a lot longer.

    So, you cannot shoulder all the blame. Not even most of it. Most of that blame falls to me for not helping out when it was required.

    We all love you, Momma.
    Looking forward to dinner tonight!
    All my love,
    Chuck

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, Chuck. You are not allowed to come over here and correct me. I'll have to start monitoring your posts. ;-)
    Don't you know that the momma is always right? I thought I taught you better than that.

    Love you sweety. You are my everything. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok..I was doing my happy dance for you and then I read chuck's comment and got tears in my eyes..You did great girl. Congrats on the 10% loss.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for the 10% and double yay for the sweet hubby that you have!

    Keppin on truckin, woman! You are incredibly inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! That is awesome!!

    Go for the spinning ;) I'm going back tonight for the first time after my back went out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! Way to go!
    10% is MAJOR!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am sooo going to cry!!!!! WHAT A BLESSED FAMILY you all are. I am soo proud of you for reaching your goal, keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. KELLY!!!!!!!! Whooooo Hoooo! I am soooo stoked for you! You are doing AMAZING!

    You've got this LIFESTYLE in the bag ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kelly I just have this BIG smile on my face right now!!! I am so happy that you made your 10%...you are doing absolutely AMAZING!!! I'm so happy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH MY GOSH!! YAHHHH!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! LOOK AT YOU GO!!!!!! =D

    ReplyDelete
  12. PARTY, PARTY, PARTY!!!!!!

    YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY

    Doing the happy dance for you!

    CELEBRATE GOOD TIMES!

    Fantastic, awesome, wonderful!

    I am SOOOOO happy for you!!!

    Way to go, Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great job on reaching the 10%!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on the 10%, that's awesome!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)