Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Catching Up: Sunday and Memorial Day Journal

I got a little behind with blogging. Been busy, busy, busy.

SUNDAY:

Dragged Chuck along for a run/walk combo of 3:2 ratio for 25 minutes. We have just been running at 2 minute intervals so this was a little more difficult for us. Especially in that heat!

After running we walked for 30 minutes. It was nice to sweat with my hubby.

Breakfast: eggbeaters and cheese on whole wheat bun (4 pts; 175 calories); an orange (1 pt; 62 calories) and a SF Rock Star (0 pts; 20 calories) I should probably stop drinking those but they are like a drug, I swear. Love my crack star.
Lunch: baked potato with sour cream and cheese and a salad (5 pts; 308 calories)
Snack: Strawberry shake (1 pt; 64 calories) Look how hard it was raining! We even had hail. Kind of cool to watch it bounce off the trampoline. We got Rachel a very large ball python snake from an individual back in December but the snake was very difficult to feed and she was very shy and kind of intimidating. Rachel was afraid to hold her because the snake would move fast and hiss.
.
So I contacted the lady at the snake rescue place where we got my son's awesome ball python and she said she would trade snakes for a corn snake.
.
He's so cute!! He stares at you and likes to just hang around on your neck. Very cool necklace and Rachel is not afraid of him. He also eats without any problems. He's about 4.5 feet stretched out but much thinner than a ball python of that size.
Dinner: grilled chicken, corn on cob and seasoned veggies (5 pts; 270 calories) The Green Giant veggies are 0 pts per 1/2 cup serving!
That night we all sat around outside and enjoyed the brief cool weather. I had a mojito (2 pts; 100 calories) and a margarita (2 pts; 100 calories) and a vitamuffin (1 pt; 100 calories) and some jalapeno cheese crackers (2 pts; 100 calories) and a shot of tequila (2 pts; 100 calories) and some popcorn (1 pt; 100 calories) and a piece of chocolate (1 pt; 40 calories) Yep, the munchies strike with a vengeance when alcohol shows up to the party.
.
Points: 26/24
.
Activity: run/walk combo at 3:2 ratio 25 minutes; walk 30 minutes 3.7 miles total +5 AP
.
Calories Burned: 2540
.
Calorie Intake: 1539
..
Calorie Deficit: 1001
.
MONDAY MEMORIAL DAY:
.
Grabbed a banana (2 pts; 109 calories) and headed to the "Y" for run session. It's just so darn hot outside plus my left calf has really been hurting and the treadmill is kinder than the concrete.
.
Did 15 minutes on elliptical and then 35 min of 2:2 ratio on treadmill for total of 3.3 miles. My calf was killing me. That's it, I'm taking a little vacation from running until this heals. It hurts too bad plus I don't want to do further damage. If it's not better by next Monday I am going to a sports doctor to get it looked at.
.
On the way home we stopped by Starbuck's for a Light Venti Espreso Frapp with 2 Splenda (2 pts; 150 calories) I'm starting to want to get away from Splenda and the artificial sweeteners after reading some of Jillian's book about boosting your metabolism. Scary stuff! But apparently not scary enough to keep me from my frapp this morning. LOL
.
Got camera from in laws' house that we left there the night before, hence the reason for lack of pics.
.
Lunch: Amy's Alphabet Soup (2 pts; 160 calories) and turkey and cheese wrap (3 pts; 170 calories) I love Amy's soup. I can read all of the ingredients and it's organic and tastes great.
We had a scare: Saturday we had a power surge and today the Wii won't work! But Chuck threatened to return it to Wal Mart and showed it the original box and receipt and it decided to cooperate. Good Wii.
.
Went with Chuck to replace the motor on the AC of our travel trailer. It was so hot outside. Poor guy. He even got cut up while working on the roof of the trailer. But it's replaced. No way to do a test until we go camping next weekend.
.
Snack: cinnamon raisin gnu bar (2 pts; 140 calories) I am going to write a review about these soon. :)
.
Went to REI and I got a Buff. Be sure to watch the video of all the cool things it does. I think it's the only thing in my size that REI carries!
.
Then off to Academy and got a leg roller, a stronger elastic band for Wii EA Sports Active and some shirts for $4.99 each! That leg roller feels so good on my calf. Love it.
.
I don't believe in calories counting on holidays or birthdays. "It's not the celebrations that get you but the days that connect the celebrations." In other words, it's ok to get a little freaky from time to time but just not every day.
.
So, we went to Texas Road House. Ate some bread, cheese fries, 1/4th of chicken fried chicken; a few bites of rice, 1/2 of loaded baked sweet potato and 1 more roll. So yum! No calories or points. LOL Yeah, right. But at least it was guilt free.
.
Too tired to do my EAS when I got home (or too stuffed) so we just watched Wild Hogs and went to bed. Chuck and I exchanged foot massages and went to sleep. Very good day. :) I just hate that the weekend is already over.
.
Points: None
.
Activity: 15 min. on elliptical; 35 minutes on treadmill run/walk at 2:2 for total of 3.3 miles +3 pts
.
Calorie Burn: 2630

13 comments:

  1. Ooh, I'd be scared to have a snake-- especially a big one! But the smaller snake sounds better... 4.5 feet is still HUGE though (at least to a Shortie like me!)

    Glad the Wii started working again! Oh, and that's good you got a foam roller. Mine has really helped me.

    Have a great Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i would really like to pretend that snakes don't freak me out but they totally do. bigtime. Your consumption of tequila sounds like mine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a lot of family fun and togetherness was had! I could not do a snake as a pet. You are a brave, brave mom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 4.5' snake?? Yikes! I had a cameleon when I was little. That's as big as I'll go!

    Those buffs are pretty cool. Kinda like on the show "survivor" where they have buffs of their team colors. They use them as shirts, skirts, all kinds of things! Pretty cool.

    I agree about the holidays. I was going to count yesterday but I did get a little out of control. I shouldn't have but it's not 1 day that will get me in trouble, it's multiple days! Hope you had a great day!

    And also, way to go for counting all those munchies the other evening. That's when people start to snack and "forget" what they are eating!

    Oh and what did Jillian say about the splenda stuff? Or what book was it in? Just curious. I have some too every day and am usually not crazy like some people are so just curious! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Go you for working out even in pain but I agree you might want to let it heal ouch!

    Loved the comments about your husband and the wii seriously lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just picked up some stronger cords at Target today during lunch to use with the EA Active. I've been using my handweights, but I think they are getting in the way a bit for some of the moves. I'm excited to get home tonight and do day 6 of the challenge! I've been adding an additional cardio session at the end each day to boost my activity points (some boxing & track activities)!

    I love the idea of not counting calories ON holidays & birthdays, what a great idea. It's such a focus every other day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a nice Mom you are. I don't care how much my kids loved snakes and how much they begged I could NEVER have one in my house. Good for you though doing that for them.

    Use that roller regularly and you will love it. It stretches you out like nothing else can.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG I watched Snakes on a Plane yesterday and it totally freaked me out. While in bed I kept imagining a snake sneaking up on me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You guys are so funny. Really the snakes don't bite, don't shed everywhere, are quiet, eat and poop one a week (sometimes longer)...did I mention they are quiet? Food is cheap. I was in the hospital for a week when I was a kid because of a copperhead bite.

    Amanda, the book by Jillian is Master Your Metabolism and it's very interesting. I plan on sharing a few points form the book next week. But I do recommend it. Great information with plenty of sources listed in back.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kelly, you are so consistent. You do your work outs, log your foods, update your blog, and on top of it you spend time with family and and have a good-looking husband and beautiful children. You're funny, not afraid of snakes, and take on Jillian, wii, and ellipticals.

    Please tell me your toilets are nasty or something!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Patty, my toilets are nasty. LOL Actually they could use a good scrubbing. I am a terrible housekeeper. Just terrible. Going to get better at it though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh just realized that we had a similar title for our most recent post :>

    Great job on dragging the hubby to a workout!! :> Envy you!

    corn snake??!! gaaaaaaaaaaa

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)