Friday, May 22, 2009

Dermatologist Visit and Food Log

Lumps are bad, right? We don't want lumpy gravy or lumps on our buns or thighs. We especially don't want lumps anywhere near the girls!! Well, I had a little lump a little too close to the girls but it was further up...more like close to the shoulder under the bra strap. But the thing had grown and it stood out and was starting to freak me out just a little. So I went to the dermatologist to see what she thought it might be.

Turns out to be a cyst and nothing to worry about. I can get it cut out at any time (jeez, I hate needles and cutting utensils aimed at me) but it will require a stitch or two.

Also asked about skin care. Here is my current skin care regimen: wash my face with a bar of Zest or Irish Spring (or whatever is on sale). That's it. Dermatologist was surprised and amazed. She at least said my skin looked great and she didn't see any wrinkles. I disagree but that was nice. Hers was flawless.


Wanna know the #1 thing that ages your skin and gives you wrinkles? The sun! It is recommended that you put on a light sunscreen before you put on your makeup or walk out the door every day. She recommended one for me called SkinCeuticals Physical UV Defense. I tried it yesterday and it's not heavy at all. Very nice.

The next thing she recommended was changing my soap routine. Here are the 2 cleansers she recommended which can be found at CVS Pharmacy. Just pick your favorite:
Before I left she asked me some questions about my bodybugg. She wants one. :) And speaking of bodybuggs can I just say how much I love that Tara has a bodybugg tan line? LOL
Breakfast: Carb Check Bagel with 1 Tbs. chocolate peanut butter (4 pts; 225 calories) and a Rock Star (0 pt; 20 calories)
.
Rushed to take the kids to PE at the Y but it was my "off" day so I didn't exercise.
Stopped at Starbucks for a Venti Espresso Frapp with 2 Splenda (2 pts; 150 calories) Taking pics of your food is a great visual reminder. I totally forgot to log this in my points until I was going through the pics for this post. Also had a Fiber One Bar (2 pts; 140 calories)
Lunch: burrito and cantaloupe (5 pts; 261 calories)
Snack: 100 calorie cocoa almonds (2 pts; 100 calories)
.
Even though it was my day of rest I couldn't miss spinning. I was looking so forward to it. I dragged Rachel along with me this time. We both had a great time. I may have to start taking this twice a week. LOVE it. I did 15 miles in 45 minutes. Have you tried spinning?
.
Dinner: 2 black bean burgers crumbled over lettuce with FF cheese (6 pts; 320 calories) and broccoli with an ounce of 2% Velveeta (2 pts; 120 calories)
Dessert: Holey Donut low fat chocolate crumb (3 pts; 150 calories) I wouldn't have eaten this had I remembered about the frapp earlier. :( Oops.
.
Points: 26/24
.
Activity: 45 minutes spinning 15 miles +7 AP
.
Calories Burned: 2417
.
Calorie Intake: 1485
.
Calorie Deficit: 932
.
Not a very high deficit today. At least not like usual. At that deficit it will take me 4 days to lose 1 pound. See how important exercise is when losing weight? :)

19 comments:

  1. I'm glad that lump wasn't anything serious! Still, removing a cyst sounds yucky :(

    Thanks for sharing that info from your dermatologist! I'll keep an eye out for those brands.

    Haha, I didn't know Tara had a bodybugg tan line! That's funny :D

    I've never tried Spinning, but I want to! My gym at school had fitness classes, but spinning wasn't one of the choices.

    Have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Food looks glorious as always. I wanna come hang out with you just to see it in person (and maybe snatch some of it when you're not looking).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear the lump was just a cyst. No fun, though.

    I have 2 questions for you.

    1) Where do you get the 100 calorie almonds?

    2) I usually buy 2% cheese. The last time I bought FF cheese it tasted like rubber and didn't melt. Has it improved in the past decade?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad the lump is an easy fix. Congrats on your successes! You are rocking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks guys. And Jack Sh*t, come on over and I'll fix ya some dinners. :)I bet you would be hilarious to hang out with.

    Jo, the almonds were at Target. Only place I've seen them in the 100 cal packs but you could just buy the regular size jar and put them in individual baggies all measured out. Would be cheaper. :)

    Nope! FF cheese sucks just as bad as it always has.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dinner looks SOOOO good!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, glad your lump was nothing to worry over! Thanks for the facial cleanser recommendations!

    HAHAHA, Tara's bodybugg tan line is SO funny!! I hadn't seen that picture yet! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My heart skipped a beat when I read that you have a cyst. I'm glad that it can be easily removed. Thank God!

    Have a great weekend, lady!All of your coffee pictures has been making me want Starbuck's very, very badly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whew, glad nothing too serious!

    Wowza, how gorgeous is that picture of Tara???

    Oh, and thanks, now I want a frap-lol!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad all is good with you and Dr visit was no biggie! I have a bodybug question for you too....can you wear it in the water? I do water aerobics and was thinking of getting one, went to the website, but couldn't find anything about being water proof or water resistant. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. HA, that is too funny about Tara's body bugg tan line. Glad your lump isn't anything serious. Shew!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm glad the lump turned out to be a cyst. A similar thing happened to me, I know how scary it can be waiting for a diagnosis.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I had a cyst just like that! I did have it removed, but more because the entire situation scared the crap out of me (family history of breast cancer.)

    Cetaphil is absolutely awesome. I used it for years and years and recently (about 6 months ago) switched to Philosophy's Purity. It does take a hot second to get used to the fact that your face wash doesnt foam, but they are both so light that you can even use them to wash off eye make up without hurting your eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm a huge CeraVe fan, their lotion is fabulous as well.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So glad the lump wasn't anything serious.

    I just finished day 3 of the challenge. I know what you mean about the side jumps. I found some Pilate resistance bands I had bought a couple of years ago, and am using those instead of the one that came with the game. I actually have 3 of them at different resistant levels, and decided to start with the lightest resistance. I definitely felt it with the bicep curls/shoulder press combinations. Looking forward to the squat and lunge jumps tomorrow ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Angie, sorry it took me so long to get back with you. Busy day.
    I am almost positive that you can't use the bodybugg in water. I have the older version (it's gray) but the newer version is water resistant. I am not sure that it would get an accurate reading in the water anyway because it works by sensors that need to be in direct contact with your skin.
    But I bet that for that time that you work out in the water you can enter your activity on the web site and it will give you estimated calorie burn.

    Wish I could help more. :(

    ReplyDelete
  17. Bonnie, you are looking forward to the jump lunges and squats? That's just sick. LOL I am dreading it. We should have some muscle tone when this is all over with. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I want a burrito!

    I'm glad that the lump was nothing serious!!! Yikes, that's scary!

    I'm loving how you're tracking now, it really does remind me about the importance of exercise in the day... I'm working on it :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. ouch removing the cyst sounds like NO fun...but glad it wasn' anything worse.

    i haven't spinned before, but i really want to try it out...a good friend from the gym teaches it.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)