Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Feel the Love; Calorie Experiment Continues; Cornbread (2 pts)

I'm a little late posting Tuesday's happenings and eats. Oops.

Good morning! How about starting the day off with some good news: someone thought my blog is super! It brings a smile to my face. I'm humbled that any one would even be interested to read about my life, weight loss journey and the food I eat.
Thanks to Ro at We Could Be More Than Just Amazing. I love reading your blog because you are doing terrific. Wow, 27 pounds lost so far. Keep it up, girl!
And thanks to Crystal at A Little Less Crystal. You have lost almost 36 pounds since January?! That's so amazing. I hope you get to feeling better soon.
Thank you, ladies, for thinking of me. It means a lot.

I'm supposed to pick 5 people to pass this on to but there is just no way. I stress over picking folks to win awards. I want you ALL to win.

There are so many of you that I follow and I want you to succeed so badly. I wish I could help in some way. Then there are others that inspire me to push myself further and harder. There are some of you that I look up to and hope to be in your position one day. There are some of you going on fantastic vacations that I am slightly jealous of. And then there are those who make so much great stuff and put it on display that I get hungry just visiting your blog. So, guess what: if you have never won an award from me then this one is for you. Take it and display it proudly. :)

Wanna hear something funny? I logged on this morning and saw that I had lost one follower. In my mind I was thinking, "OMG, I've offended someone. I wonder who it was. I wonder what I did." LOL Then I got a grip. I just thought it was funny that I would freak out a little over that.

Breakfast: Rock Star (o pts) and oatmeal with Craisins (4 pts) 240 calories
Time to take the kids to the Y for PE. While they did their thing I hopped on the treadmill and did my run. I LOVE the treadmill!! It's so much easier than running on the pavement. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not but I felt I could go much longer than when I run in the great outdoors.
.
5 minute warm up walk; 2 minute run, 2 minute walk, repeat 6 times; 5 minute cool down walk.
THEN did 25 minute brisk walk. The treadmill said I did 3.1 miles...a 5k. I was sweating all over the place. It felt totally awesome! Might I be enjoying exercise a little more now? No, I can't be. That's just sick.
.
Yesterday I might not have been very hungry but I made up for it today! I was very hungry after the workout and Charlie had a pizza craving. We went to CiCi's.
While waiting for them to make an Ole Pizza for me I had a salad with a little light Italian, spinach alfredo pizza and a pepperoni and jalapeno pizza (no pic because I ate it). (7 pts) 300 calories
Yeah, the Ole is ready! So I had 2 slice of Ole pizza and then Rachel, the evil temptress, brought me a cinnamon roll and literally waved it under my nose. She's lucky she didn't draw back a nub of a hand. Yes, I ate the cinnamon roll. (7 pts) 354 calories

Dinner: Red Beans and Rice with cornbread (6 pts) 340 calories The red beans and rice were just ok. But the cornbread was awesome and only 2 points. Thanks for the recipe,Marisa! I'm going to have to keep some of this around as a snack. I think I'd prefer it over Fiber One. I love cornbread. :)
Cornbread (2 pts) 136 calories
Thanks to Marisa for the recipe!

1 c. yellow or white cornmeal
¾ c. skim milk
2 tsp. baking powder
1 egg
¾ tsp. salt
1 tsp. olive oil
½ c. unsweetened applesauce
1/8 c. Splenda (optional)

Bake in 425 degree oven in an 8x8 pan coated with cooking spray for 20- 25 min. OR put in muffin tin (6) coated with cooking spray and bake for 10 min.

Total POINTS = 14
6 servings = 2 POINTS each (or 136 calories)
Dessert: (while watching Biggest Loser) slice of chocolate amaretto cheesecake pie (1 pt) 117 calories
Maybe I'm alone in feeling this way but the Biggest Loser finale was just weird. I mean, Jerry didn't seem to know where he was half the time (oh, congratulations to him for winning the at home money...didn't see that one coming!) and then they have these two girls competing to be on the Biggest Loser next season and they both want it desperately. So I guess the producers thought it would be fun to have them bust their butts Gladiator style in the back and we get to choose the winner. One of these girls is going to be thrilled and the other will go home feeling even worse about herself. At least that's how I would feel if I were the one not chosen. It just seemed sad and weird to watch these two young people begging for votes.
.
Mike looked terrific. Even the Ronfather looked good! Tara looked like a totally new person. Helen was never my favorite. I think I lost a lot of respect for her when she wanted to send her daughter home so she could stay at the ranch. As a mother, I would always put my child first. That is one thing that Ron always did and I admire him for that.
.
I think all of our jaws dropped to the floor when Tara didn't win. I was so disappointed. She looked fantastic! She worked her butt off and won 12 challenges. I sure wasn't expecting Helen to win. But it's based on percentage of weight loss, not personality. So congrats to Helen! She weighed in at 117?! I was only 125 when I got married and I was skinny!!
.
Well, Wednesday is weigh in. I have had some low point days and some high point days. Should be interesting to see what the scale says. It's not enough time to see any results from counting calories and deficits and all of that. I've only been watching my calorie deficit for two days.
.
Tuesday Stats:
.
Points: 25/24 (used an AP) (1331 calories)
.
Activity: walk/run 34 minutes; brisk walk for 25 minutes +5 AP
.
Calories Burned: 2471
.
Calorie Intake: 1331
.
Calorie Deficit: 1140
.
Interesting that yesterday I only had 19 points but it equalled 1220 calories and today I had 25 points and it equalled 1331 calories.

22 comments:

  1. Ditto to EVERYTHING you said about the BL finale. I *swear* I'm gonna make tank tops that say "Team Tara" and "Team Kristen". They were my faves. And I'm going to wear them when I run as motivation and inspiration. :)

    Also, I think your discovery of calories vs. Points is why I like Winning Points (from 8 to 10 years ago) so much better than the daily target WW promotes. I need that range of Points hunger wise & mentally. I'm also a firm believer in "shaking things up" as far as calories are concerned, and the range allows me to do just that on a day to day basis. Just my 2 cents worth. Keep in mind, my two cents are why corporate WW hates me. lmfao

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, I just stalked M's blog and can't find the cornbread recipe. Share please! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your award! You truly deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sooo wish Tara would have won..
    But your post was sooo funny when you lost a follower....It makes me smile knowing you can laugh at things like that. I check out my fav blogs daily so the following thing is not really for me..but I've somehow been sucked in :-(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you said that about Jerry - it WAS strange...like he was the out-of-control slightly senile Grandpa, getting in everyone's face last night! I think Helen went to extremes to get to her weight and she didn't look good - plus how could you weight 117 and still have a belly roll like she did? Of course, I wanted Tara to win, so there may be some sour grapes here, lol!

    Good luck with your weigh-in today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the SUPER award. Much deserved!

    I wish they'd revamp Biggest Loser and keep all the contestants there the whole time and scrap the $$$. How much more satisfying would it have been to see ALL the contestants (esp Daniel) fully transform themselves?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did you know there's a funky cinnamon roll recipe that uses a mini-marshmallow, canned biscuit dough and something else...I'll have to see if I can find it.

    I like a Cin. roll every once in awhile, I just can't have one of those gigantic mall rolls. lol

    The corn bread looks very yummy. Will have to try that.

    I'm jealous you can take your kids to the Y for PE...we don't even have a Y!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I still havent watched BL, it's on my DVR so I am catching up on it tonight! Calories vs Points is really wackey sometimes. Sometimes a point is 20 calories, sometimes it's 110. The old saying that a point is about 50 calories is pretty much true...on average.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the reward!! Very much deserved!

    I'm looking at all that food, thinking I can have all that for 1351 calories? So I really hope you don't kick me off you blog, but was the cinnamon roll and the two slices of ole pizza 354 calories total? Now that i think of it, I guess they are pretty small.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Patty, I looked up the calorie values online at the cici's web site. The ole pizzas are 110calories per slice and the cinnamon roll (though small) is 140 calories. I just realized that I had some old info that the ole slices were 107 calories each. Oops. Pretty close though. So that was 360 caloriesinstead of 354.

    Jo, I LOVE cinnamon rolls. Last time we went to cinnabon all 4 of us split 1 cinnamon roll. So good. That was pre-WW. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is great Kelly!! Awesome job with the variety of food.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kelly I totally agree with you on the BL...was not a Helen fan either...her daughter could have done great...well wait I hope she continues to do great!

    Hope WI goes good today!! I'm sure you'll lose...you're on such a GREAT role!!

    Oh and I had a cinnamon roll yesterday too!! Must have been the day! :p

    PS I did the happy dance for loss too!! and i'm sure you're a great dancer!!! :p

    ReplyDelete
  13. sorry one more thing, i realized I wasn't a "follower" so I replaced your lost soul!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOL! Oh Darci. You are so sweet and funny. Thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I lose a follower every week it seems. Always have. There's *NO TELLING* what I say that ticks someone off. I say so much. lmao I'm blunt, rude, obnoxious, a smart ass, highly opinionated, the list goes on. It could be any number of reasons I suppose. Anyway, I took it personally for about 3 seconds, and then I realized I really didn't care. I'm gonna do whatever I want anyway. People either dig it or they don't. Whatever. The blog was up and running loooong before I had the "follow my blog" widget on the side bar. Back then, I never knew who was coming or going.

    I think you and your are simply AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks Heather. I can't imagine you losing anyone. You're hilarious. I bet we would get into a lot of trouble together. LOL I think that some folks "fall off the wagon" and don't want to be reminded of it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Helen weighed 117 at the finale and is 5'6"! Too thin! I know she will put some pounds back on as she was trying to win the money before but come on!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The finale was a bummer! I usually feel so inspired by the grand transformations that occur, but it seems like no one really huffed it when they got home :(

    I know what you mean about losing a follower. I felt the same way when it first happened! That's the people pleaser in me! But, I had to remind myself that this blog is for me and to help keep me accountable and if I help others along the way, great. If not, oh well ;P Your blog is SUPER! Keep doing what you're doing; I'll always be following! Sadly, you can't get rid of me ;P

    ReplyDelete
  19. It amuses me to see the difference in calories per points as well. My WW yogurt is 100 calories and 1 point, but a haagen Das ice cream bar is 340 calories and 9 points! There are huge disparities in the number of calories per point. But I do understand that they are trying to point you towards lower fat higher fiber alternatives. I'm cool with that.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yeah, but they are giving the other girl who didn't get voted into the next season at home training from the Biggest Loser. So she should be good!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Connie, I thought they were giving the other girl something like a boxed DVD set of Biggest Loser or something. If she is actually going to get the training then good! That's not bad at all. Still, it's hard to not get picked for the team. reminds me of picking teams for PE in grade school.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I wish the BL season 7 would come out on DVD soon so I can watch it here! Can't wait to see those people that everyone seems to be talking about. Getting me all hyped up hehe :> :>

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)