Friday, May 15, 2009

Food And Life Log 5/14/09

Today's goals were to eat all of my daily points, track my calories, and kill myself with exercise. Let's see how I did. Shall we?

Breakfast: open omelet with egg beater, WW cheddar cheese slice, 98% FF ham, salsa, 100 calorie English muffin and a couple of squirts of butter and a Rock Star (4 pts; 236 calories)
Took kids to the "Y" for PE and I got on the treadmill. Did my 40 minute run/walk that was scheduled for the Walk-It Challenge and then walked the rest of the time for a total of 3.3 miles. Sweat was dripping off of me all over the place. It felt so great.

It wouldn't be a trip to the gym without something happening to me. I was trying to wipe some sweat from my face and knocked my mp3 player right off the stand. It was swinging around. I grabbed it but the people on either side did turn to look to see the excitement.

Next I was really pushing myself on one of the runs (ala Biggest Loser) and when my session was up I attempted to jump on the sides of the treadmill before hitting the button to slow it down. Well, one foot made it on the side but the other didn't quite get there and I ended up in a lovely split position as the one foot headed backwards on the belt. I looked like one of those Olympic gymnasts when they do the dismount and throw their arms up in the air. "Thank you! Thank you!" The judges give her a 7 for originality. LOL I hope I was at least some entertainment for some folks. Man, I hate doing stupid stuff.

Most of the ladies look decent when they leave the gym with a little sweat on the face and the hair is still nice. I look like I got run over by a truck when I'm finished.

Marisa shamelessly had a picture of a Starbuck's frapp on her blog and it made me want one. Cheers, Marisa! It was so good. :)
Starbuck's light caramel frappuccino no whip and no drizzle (2 pts; 152 calories)

Lunch was pretty "corny": grilled chicken breast with 1 Tbs barbecue sauce, 2 corn on cob, piece of cornbread (7 pts; 446 calories)
Had to go to the grocery store for some staples. Then hurried home to make a quick dinner.

Dinner: burritos with refried beans, vegie tex-mex crumbles, cheese, taco sauce, lettuce on tortilla (4 pts; 201 calories)after dinner snack: plum bar (1 pt; 50 calories) I found this by the dried fruits at the store. It looks like something we avoid stepping in when we go on hikes in the woods but it tasted decent and was equivalent to 1/2 cup fruit. Not bad!
I finally tried something that I've been wanting to do but was kind of afraid of. Spinning!! I made Chuck go with me even though he was kicking and fussing about it. LOL The instructor showed us how to adjust our bikes and then we were on our way. If you've never been to a spin class I'll tell you a little bit about it.

The bikes have adjustments for the seat, handlebar (where you place your water bottle and sweat towel), tension and foot straps. There is also a monitor so you know how fast you are going and how many miles you have ridden.

The instructor sits at the front of the class and takes you on a virtual bike ride adventure with "jumps" and "hills" and "sprints." She will tell you when to adjust the tension and when to stand up. All moves are demonstrated and explained. The room is dim and the music is pumping. It was so great! She had us giving each other high fives and really encouraged us and told us newbies when we should take things down a level.

Here is fair warning: the seats hurt like crazy. But I have been assured by the instructor and the fellow spinners that it gets better by the 3rd class. Right now that doesn't help much because I am so sore in areas I shouldn't be sore.

Oh! Forgot to mention that you earn BIG time activity points for spinning! I earned 8 for a 45 minute spin.

My beginner class was about 45 minutes and I rode 14.7 miles.

I still had some points left when I got home so I had: watermelon (1 pt, 85 calories); cocoa roasted almonds (2 pt, 100 calories); apple (1 pt, 81 calories); popcorn (1 pt, 100 calories); and a cool swirly popsicle (1 pt; 48 calories) Finally got all of my daily points in!

Next weigh in should be pretty good. Lots of exercise and watching the points/calories. I have to lose this weight and get healthy. Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you! LOL I saw that on a video once that was making fun of all the different drugs available.

Points: 24/24

Activity: 3.3 miles on treadmill and 45 minutes spinning (14.7 miles) +11 Activity Points

Calories Burned: 3059

Calories consumed: 1501

Calorie Deficit: 1558

I got on the scale this morning and there was already a pretty decent drop in pounds. :)

TGIF! So what does every one have planned this weekend?

17 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great workout! But ouch, I hope that treadmill incident didn't hurt much.
    Haha, I am definitely NOT one of those women who leaves the gym looking pretty and presentable. After a cardio session, I'm often so drenched that I look like I just got out of the pool! Haha we'll just pretend that's the case.
    Awesome job for trying spinning, even though you were a little scared. I was intimidated to try my first cardio kickboxing class, but I ended up LOVING it!
    It sounds like you're doing great! I've got a 5k planned for Sunday, but we'll see how it goes :) Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on nailing the dismount on the treadmill. :)

    Everything looked delicious with the possible exceptions of the plum bar (looked like poo) and the popscicle (that was NOT a popscicle like God meant for them to be).

    What a day! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow great job with the activity!

    I am glad you liked spinning! I am doing 1 class a week til my work schedule dies down; I definately miss my 2nd class!

    The seat doesn't bother me anymore, like others have told you I'd say you get used to it after the first 3 or 4 classes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you are using that can of WUP ASS for sure! You go girl!

    Hey, guess what? I was tooling around on the Starbucks website and it seems that we can get a GRANDE Mocha Light Frappuccino for only 2 POINTS. I think it was like 130 cal. or something; Same with the Coffee Light Frap. Check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Help me out, Marisa, because I really want this to work. LOL I still get 3 pts for the mocha frapp but I do get 2 pts for the coffee frapp. How are you getting 2 pts for the mocha? You do realize that I am going to have to go to Starbuck's today? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never mind. I see I was micalculating the fat. Got it! Onward to Starbucks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got a starbucks light yesterday too- because it was on Marissa's Blog! Thanks Marissa- great way to end a good week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i was reading while drinking water . . . and then i spit it out on my desk because i was cracking up about the treadmill!!! I'm sorry to laugh at your misfortune but it was too damn funny.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Way to go, Kelly. I love that you have a sense of humor about the gym. I love that you sweat a lot, because I do, too. I'm green with envy your kids have PE there. I'm also shocked that there is another HSer who uses the word ass. In my neck of the woods, I'm a closet swearer, IYKWIM.

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. jo, I don't exactly "fit in" with the homeschooling group. ;-)

    Jessi, glad I could provide some entertainment for ya. LOL I swear I am so clumsy and not athletic at all.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you enjoyed spinning! I think it's fun (and hard) and I like it, too!

    OMG, your treadmill mishap? Linda had me practice doing that and I was so scared I would do exactly what happened to you! Glad you didn't get hurt...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how you are posting your calorie deficits each day, and you are getting some really big ones!! Way to go Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I need to go lay down after reading this post! Way to go on all of the activity points!!!

    I'm still a bit scared to try spinning, I'm scared my ass will eat the seat, and that I will never recover!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love those popsicles! I have a box in my freezer now that I'm doing my best to avoid. FYI: Don't ever get the sugar free kind...awful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kelly, I don't either...and I really wish that some of "us" lived near each other!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my gosh! Spinning! Just saying it makes my eyes water. It's the hardest exercise class I've ever done, I remember wanting to cry and throw up after the first one! But it's awesome for you. I think that's how I plan to lose my baby weight next year!

    That popsicle looked so good!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yay! You tried spinning! I'm glad you liked it and you will get used to that seat, I promise. I took last week off but I'll be back at it this week for sure.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)