Saturday, May 16, 2009

Friday Food Log and Progress Pic

TGIF!!! Love the weekend so much but it does seem to go by faster than the other days of the week. Hmmm....wonder why that is.

Chuck made a great breakfast this morning! I had seen a commercial for Denny's a while back for some sort of breakfast skillet that looked so good. It had eggs, breakfast meat, gravy, potatoes and cheese. NOT a calorie friendly meal. But you can make it at home a whole lot "leaner."

Breakfast: egg whites, 1/4 c fat free cream gravy, 2 bacon, hash browns, cheese and salsa (6 pts; 256 calories); glass of reduced sugar orange juice (1 pt; 50 calories) This was a most awesome breakfast! Thanks for cooking, Chuck. And cleaning up!
Lunch: potstickers and Asian style veggies (6 pts; 330 calories)
Time to run errands with the family. It was time to set the box turtle free and let her go back in the wild. It was fun to have her around and the kids got to learn some cool stuff and read up on turtles so it was also an educational experience.
.
On the way to release her we had to get more flea meds for the dogs (fleas are terrible this year but this new stuff really works). And Marisa, once again, got me thinking about Starbucks. Shame on you! LOL Got a Venti espresso frapp and had them add some Splenda (2 pts; 150 calories) Just look at the size of that thing!
Then, after all that, it was time to meet the in laws for a late Mother's Day dinner at Red Robin. I reviewed the menu online and made up my mind to get the Gardenburger and steamed veggies. My plan was to eat half the burger and all veggies.
.
OK, I love Red Robin. I've never had a bad burger there. But the Gardenburger tasted so bad and even the veggies were nasty. I ate my half a burger(5 pts; 256 calories) and a couple of pieces of broccoli buried in the odd concoction of veggies that included onions, cole slaw mix, carrots, broccoli and some stuff I couldn't identify. The burger tasted like dirt. I prefer my bocca patty.
.
I left with an upset tummy and kept belching that burger taste all night. Sorry, I know it's gross but we're all honest here in blogville, right?
.
Went to Bass Pro Shop afterwards and Chuck got an early birthday gift: another pistol. It's one he has been wanting for a while though. Also got to see our friend who is moving away this Wednesday. I'm kind of bummed about it because he's such a nice guy and we've known him for 10 years. We'll miss him. He's going to be working in intelligence for the government. I can't say a lot about it except that he doesn't exist and he will be catching the bad guys worldwide. COOL!
.
Then it was off to Barnes and Noble where I got Jillian's book Master Your Metabolism and a jagua tattoo kit. I've been wanting to read Jillian's new book and the tattoo kit was just a whim. It just looked cool with a little booklet about the history of jagua tattoos and it only lasts a couple of weeks.
.
Got home and Rachel gave me a tattoo. LOL So funny to have your daughter give you a tattoo. Charlie wanted one too but I told him he had to wait until PE was finished at the Y. Don't want the other moms thinking that I'm any weirder. I already don't exactly fit in.
.
The tatt takes 12-48 hours to darken after you let the ink dry and remove it. Mine is still very light so I'm hoping that it really does work and will darken. I'll post a pic if it looks good. :)
.
I watched a short video about girls and Harleys and now I want one! Tattoos and a Hog?! What's wrong with me? LOL I just think it would be fun to have a bike to cruise the hill country with my honey. Maybe Chuck will surprise me with one?? Unlikely. (ps: Jillian and Jewel are in the Harley video)
.
Snacks: Smart Food popcorn clusters (1 pt; 110 calories); banana (2 pts; 109 calories); dumdum lollipop (o pt; 25 calories)
.
Time to check my visual progress on the weight loss. I didn't see much of a difference from last month but a HUGE difference from my "before" picture.
BEFORE (summer 2008)
DURING (May 2009) 25.8 pounds lost through Weight Watchers but about 44 pounds lost total
.
.
Today was my day off from exercise but it sure was hard to see that low calorie burn on the bodybugg all day. It drove me crazy! But I still had a deficit.
.
Points 24/24
.
Activity: Day off
.
Calories Burned: 2133
.
Calories Consumed: 1389
.
Calorie Deficit: 744
.
Have a great weekend. :)

24 comments:

  1. Yum, that frap looks delicious.
    Wow, big difference between those pics! You look incredible, and full of life :D
    I know it can be hard to take days off from working out, but your body needs rest. And you still had a great deficit! Have a lovely Saturday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Your progress pics are amazing! You have totally shrunk! Keep up the good work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are gorgeous!!! You look so happy and healthy and fit! How much more do you have to lose? It can't be much at this point!

    P.S. I recognize that gray armband!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mark was right.
    You are a GREAT wife.

    I have secretly convinced you, without you noticing, that you "need" a Harley. Now, I have to work on the permanent tat.

    Mwuah ah ahhhhhhh.

    All my love.

    PS - Thanks for the early b-day present. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks guys! You made me smile. :D

    Shelley, I have 61 pounds left to lose. But thanks for the sweet complement. Recognize that bodybugg, eh? How are you liking yours?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look GREAT! I so love Red Robins too...I think you and I are in the same neck of the woods...both RR and Bass Pro are regular stops for us (I'm in Keller)...but you had great selfcontrol...I don't thin I could walk inside RR right now...I love the bonzia burger too much-lol!
    Can't wait to hear (hopefully see) how the tattoo turns out...I'm of to google "jagua tattoos" now...see this was educational too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look great, Kelly. It never ceases to amaze me how much younger folks look in successful "after" pics. This journey we're on is a fountain of youth!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't believe you have 61 pounds left to lose - you look amazing now! Your arm doesn't even look all "squeezed" by the bodybugg band like mine does! I like the BB - can't wait for Monday to see what I burn during workout!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kelly...WOW...what a difference!! You're looking SO good!!

    Hope you guys have a GREAT weekend...and that the days don't fly by!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shelley, I had to laugh at the bodybugg arm squeeze comment. LOL I loosened it before the pic so the arm fat bulge wouldn't be so bad. LOL I'm bad.

    Angie, I'm not sure where Keller is. I'll have to look it up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. *wolf whistle*

    You are looking fantastic!! You are doing so great. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your before and after pictures show such a difference! You look 15 years younger than in the before pictures! Amazing job, you really are inspirational :)

    I cant wait to hear your thoughts on Jillians book. I have it on my list to get from my book club, but I havent ordered it yet!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look fantastic! WOW!!! Great job!

    I'm lmao about the tat/HS part. I so get that. We have our standard reminder: No discussion about Harry Potter, SciFi, Family Guy, anything cool, etc. lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm with Shelley--you sure don't look like you have any where close to 61 pounds to lose! And your low calorie deficiency probably beats my high...guess that is why I am losing so slowly!! Duh. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. For future refrence, the Venti Espresso Frapp is 3 pts. Sorry. But is it 150/5/3. I know because I drink them as well.
    You are looking great though

    ReplyDelete
  16. piday, you almost gave me a heart attack! LOL I went to the starbucks web site and I think you confused the "calories from fat"(5) for the actual fat grams (1). So that puts the numbers at 150/1/3 So go and have a venti espresso frapp without any guilt and keep an extra point. :D I hope I just brightened your day LOL

    ReplyDelete
  17. Kelly,
    You can definately see a difference. Look at current picture. Look at the confidence you exude. Look at your features. You are shrinking woman! Look at that smile..CLAIM IT!!

    You are doing great..Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Kelly, you look so great! You have such a good attitude and I can see you're enjoying the journey!

    When you ordered the frap did you say it exactly like you wrote it in your post? I'm asking because I get all frazzled when I'm at the counter and end up with something I didn't want. And I want one of those.

    I want to know all about your temp tattoo! And now that I've seen the video, I want a bike. When I was married I used to ride on the back of his but never thought about riding myself. Hmm, someday, maybe.

    Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That does make my day, I was using the fat calories. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awesome change in pics by the way!

    Have you tried the Starbucks protein drinks? They're I believe 4 pts. and soooo good!

    Also, you probably know, but order anything "light" version instead and you cut the points almost in half! My daughter does a lot of the frappcinno drinks and they generally go from like 12 points to 4-6 depending on what type!

    Great blog! Will follow! Check mine out if you get the chance too!
    http://bevp63.blogspot.com/

    Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Tena, Thanks so much. :)

    I order my frapp exactly like this: "uh...yeah....I'll have a light Venti espresso frappuccino. And can you please add a couple of packs of Spenda to that when you blend it? Thanks."
    And you get a big ole drink. You can also ask for another extra shot of espresso and it will not add extra points. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'll definitely have to try ordering that! my chai latte is a lot more pts. and smaller. (though I still love it)

    You look great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. You look fantastic!! Keep it up girl!

    ReplyDelete
  24. OMG I've been drinking the grande frapp for 2 pts I had no idea there was a venti for 2 pts.

    You look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)