Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Last Post for a While

I won't be posting for a few days because Thursday is my birthday so we're going camping at Dinosaur Valley State Park for the weekend. I can't wait!! It's a beautiful place with dinosaur footprints in the river bed. There is also a drive thru wildlife park down the road where giraffes and zebras come to your car to eat out of your hand. It's called Fossil Rim and it's one of the best wildlife parks I've been to so far.
.
Funny story: Chuck is not a fan of ostriches and last time we went to Fossil Rim I drove so he could take pictures. An ostrich came to the car looking for food so I tossed some food nuggets in Chuck's lap and the ostrich was trying to peck him. Not a place you want a giant bird pecking but I got a big laugh. Chuck didn't. LOL I wonder if he'll let me drive this time...
.
Today was VERY busy and food was not always the best. My bad.
.
Breakfast: SF Rock Star (0 pts; 20 calories); 1 c. Fiber One Caramel Delight Cereal with WW yogurt and 1/2 c. blueberries (4 pts; 345 calories)
Took kids to the Y for last day of PE. Instead of working out I gave my calf a rest and made out my grocery list.
.
After PE had to rush to get to hair cut appointment on time. Stopped by McDonald's for lunch because it was on the way.
.
Lunch: 6 chicken nuggets and small fry (12 pts; 514 calories) Just so you know, all of the WW info online says that 6 nuggets are 6 pts. If you look at the nutritional info on the back of the nuggets box and calculate the points it is 7. Sorry. :( I'm going with the 7 pts because I'd rather calculate high than low.

Rachel and I got our hairs prettied up and then it was time to go home.
.
Go to the grocery store for camping supplies and came across a new soup flavor that I don't think I'll be trying any time soon. I called Chuck on the cell to ask him if he wanted some but he said he would pass. :)

(not only that but it's spicy!!)

Dinner: grilled filet mignon, salad with Asian dressing, and baked potato with cheese and a little FF Ranch (10 pts; 571 calories) So good! The steaks were in the "reduced for quick sale" bin so I got a great deal.

During dinner Chuck told me about my birthday present. It has been a life goal of mine to get to pet a penguin. It's just something that I've wanted to do at least once in my lifetime. My sweet husband has arranged a "penguin encounter" with the folks at Moody Gardens for me and my family to get a personal penguin tour and get to pet and hug on a penguin!!!!

I am so excited. I swear I almost cried when he told me. And I am so touched that he went through the trouble of making all the arrangements. It will just be the 4 of us and the penguin keeper getting a private tour with the penguins. I just can't believe it.

In case you did not know this about me, I'm sort of a bird freak. I have a lesser sulphur crest cockatoo, Moluccan Cockatoo, and a blue & gold macaw. I grew up with over 100 chickens which I had named and various birds that we rescued and eventually set free. Great childhood. :)

Since we're going camping this weekend the penguin encounter will have to wait until the following Friday. Did I mention I was excited? No? I'm so excited!!

I was tired today! I mean really tired. Before bed I got in a "screw it, give me some chocolate" mood. Grabbed some chocolate before I snapped back into losing weight mode.

Snack: Chocolate (4 pts; 200 calories estimate)

Y'all have a great weekend! I look forward to sharing my camping and munching with you when I get back. :)

Points: 30/24

Activity: none

Calories burned: 2442

Calorie Intake: 1629

Calorie Deficit: 813

24 comments:

  1. How very exciting...Happy Birthday! What a great gift, my daughter love penguins too and would be so jealous of your upcoming fun! We love Glen Rose and the Fossil Rim too! We always have some sort of "encounter" with emu...what's with those birds? My kids still laugh and giggle about the possesed emu at FR that attacked our cars. Have fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly, you always crack me up! Thanks for the laugh; I needed the cheering up today!

    I think you SHOULD have gotten the Cock soup along with the Bawls drink and you would have been all set:)

    Your chocolate incident looks way better than mine ; good job not letting it get crazy like me!

    Hugs to you for an awesome birthday!!! Enjoy the penguins and your camping trip :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU...HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU...HAPPPYYY BIRRRTHHDAYYY..

    That was me singing ;-)
    I hope your day is as special as you are.

    **Cock soup...a must try LOLLL
    Ro

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, girl. We share a birthday.

    Have a great getaway (we celebrated mine last weekend cuz we wound up child-free somehow).

    And go easy on the c*ck soup.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, happy early birthday! The camping trip sounds really fun. What a cool place!

    Haha wow, that's cool you're gonna pet a penguin! I wonder what they feel like. That's so sweet of your husband. I'm glad you're so excited!

    Have a wonderful day, and have an awesome trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You and Jack Sh*t have the same birthday?? Wow!!

    Can't wait to see what kind of picutres you post on your return!

    Happy happy birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Bday, and I hope you have a wonderful trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like your in for some fun times. Have fun with the penguins!! I love penguins too, sooooo cute!!

    Happy birthday, lady!! Have a great day (and weekend)!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday!!! What a fun trip you have planned...and can I say that I'm totally jealous of your penguin encounter? I LOVE those little flightless birds! We even had a penguin bride and groom cake topper for our wedding cake. You are so lucky! Hope you have a wonderful time - take lots of pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday, I hope you have a wonderful time!

    No C*ck soup for this lady lol!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy birthday!

    Thursday is my husband's birthday too, AND we've rented a house on Canyon Lake to celebrate this weekend. Small world!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks guys! I feel like I just had a virtual birthday party. :)

    I'll be busy packing tonight and getting the trailer ready and we're leaving early tomorrow.

    Y'all have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Have a great birthday! That is freaking awesome about the penguin! Take lots of pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy (Early) Birthday!

    Calories don't count... lol!

    Hope you have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy, happy birthday!!!

    OMG, I LOVE penguins! I am green with envy! Take photos and share!

    I think I'll pass on that soup, too. lol

    Enjoy your get away!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Birthday To You! Oh, I love camping and those parks sound so Cool! My dauaghter's would love it there!

    The soup has me laughing so hard! I'd had to buy it and put it out on the counter for my husband to see :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Have a great time camping!

    Hey - was it you that posted the Mexican Cornbread Casserole recipe? I made it and it was yummy! You need a search feature on your blog - you are so prolific!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I LOVE your pics of food and the laughs. lol I am trying to lose over 100 lbs on WW and I am fighting food addiction. I even took fat roll pics of myself on my site to help stay motivated. lol Anyway, can I link you site to mine? My site is
    www.losewithlisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy happy birthday to you, lovely Kelly!!

    I hope Chuck survives the Ostriches, and I can't wait to hear about your visit with the penguins. What a cool gift! I'd be so excited to snuggle with a penguin. I'm totally jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOL on the ostrich and the soup. ;-)

    Hope you are having an incredibly HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

    Path to Health

    ReplyDelete
  21. hope you had a GREAT BIRTHDAY!!

    MizFit

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy birthday! Enjoy your camping this weekend, and your penguin encounter on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  23. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

    OMG my two year old would be soooo jealous. He has a serious thing for penguins. He's got about 10 stuffed penguins and some little figures too.

    Hope y'all have a great time camping.

    ReplyDelete
  24. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I love penguins too.. especially the hockey kind... they need some good thoughts after these last 2 games.. Please send happy (winning) Penguin thoughts! I do think it would be cool to have a real penguin encounter- can't wait to hear about it!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)