Thursday, May 21, 2009

Mojito Recipe (2 pts; 100 calories) and Various News and Info

Captain's Log: Wednesday, May 20th, 2009 and I'd like to apologize in advance for the huge spaces in the post. I have no idea what's going on with that.


My buns were really feeling the burn after the elliptical and incline training. Ouch!



Bonnie and I started the 30 Day Challenge on the EA Sports Active wii game on the same day. It's nice to have someone else suffer along with you. :) Today was day 2 and I did intervals of running, kickbacks, high knee lifts, side lunges (ouch because you do them very slow and controlled), tennis and lunges with a knee lift. Also did some shoulder raises and bicep curls.


The lunges got me today. This is not as intense as the Shred but you still get a pretty good workout and I would bet that these exercises get more intense as the challenge progresses. I do know that the rubber band is not enough for strength training for me. I've been using 5 pound weights with the Shred and these just don't offer that same resistance.



The calorie monitor for the game is not terribly accurate. I did not burn as many calories as they say. At least that's what my bodybugg told me and I tend to believe it. :)



Great game. Worth the money. Still learning how to hold the remotes to get the most accurate readings for the various moves.



Breakfast: "Nutty Nugget" cereal, almond milk and raspberries (4 pts; 252 calories) and strawberry milkshake (1 pt; 64 calories) Thanks to Marisa for figuring out the calories on this thing. I really appreciate it. This shake is so darn good! Take 1/2 c. unsweetened almond milk, 5 strawberries, 1 Tbs. sugar free pudding mix, ice and blend. I usually add just a little sweetener because I like things sweet. :)



Lunch: pizza made with low carb pita and sauce and WW mozzarella and turkey pepperoni (5 pts; 254 calories); Jazz apple the best apple in the world (1 pt; 81 calories); pack of strawberry cupcakes (1 pt; 100 calories) Those cupcakes have major binge triggers for me. Need to stop getting those. Pizza was delicious!
Thanks for the congrats on the weigh in post below. :) I'm pretty pumped to see the loss. I've been working hard and tracking calorie deficits with the bodybugg. The math adds up! I changed my "Skinny chick on the beach" ticker and my "brag badge" from HYC to reflect my total loss instead of just my Weight Watcher loss. I worked for every pound lost...might as well claim them. :)



We usually eat out on weigh in days and this time pizza was on the menu. I got home and had Domino's deliver thin crust and deep pan pizza. I was so excited about my weight loss that I didn't want to blow things with pizza so I made my own Mediterranean Chicken Feta pita pizza. But the smell. OMG, why does pizza smell so good?! I took a slice of the deep dish pizza but when I took a bite it tasted oily and I thought, "I'm not using a bunch of points on this!" Then I put it up. Yeah!



Dinner: Mediterranean Chicken Feta pita (6 pts; 225 calories); bite of pizza (est. 1 pt; est. 70 calories?) For the pita I just took a grilled chicken breast and tossed it with some romaine and fat free feta and some light Italian dressing and served on low carb pita. It was full of flavor and great! Dessert: Strawberry donut (3 pts; 150 calories) Seems to be a strawberry theme going on today. :)

Chuck and I went for a run after dinner but we really, really didn't feel like it. But it was one of those "just do it and get it done" things so we put on our shoes. You know, for as sore as my glutes and back of the legs are I did pretty good. I was slow but I could hold a conversation while I ran instead of huffing and puffing. It was actually enjoyable! Doesn't hurt that the weather has been so nice lately. Did 40 minutes of run/walk combo at 1 min run/2 min walk and did 2.6 miles. Like I said, I wasn't very fast but I think my endurance might be getting better. yeah!!! One day I'll run that mile!




And now, my friends, I'd like to introduce you to my new BFF Mojito. :)



This baby is so good. I can't even tell you how good it is. Just come on over and I'll make one for you and then you'll know. I know what I'm having on Memorial Day! Chuck said that this is his new favorite drink.



Mojito (2 pts; 100 calories)



Recipe from Laaloosh



- 1.5 oz Bacardi Rum



- 12 fresh spearmint leaves



- 1/2 lime (I used 1 Tbs lime juice)



- 7 oz sprite zero or club soda



- 2 tbsp. Splenda (I used 3 packets Splenda but could use Stevia)




Directions:In a cool tall glass, muddle the mint, Splenda and lime juice. Add crushed ice. Add rum, soda and stir well. Garnish with a lime wedge and a few sprigs of mint. Serve and enjoy!
Recipe makes 1 serving



Each serving = 2 point value; 100 calories





Want to work on some trouble zones? Jillian and her BFF Vanessa Marcil work your abs, arms, buns and legs with these free online videos.





You know you've been wanting one of those donuts that I keep showing. Now is a great time to order some with free shipping! Read on....



"Great news - For the next 48 hours, we are offering Free Shipping!




You've read about how delicious our low fat donuts, cinnamon buns and donut holes are. Now you can stock up and even share with the people who make your life special!



The minimum order for this special event is any 4 assortments of donuts, cinnamon buns, donut holes or our outrageous new Blueberry Vanilla Cinnamon buns! (yes they are now available to the public!). There is no limit for this special - order 4 or 40 boxes and we pay the shipping!



Stored in your freezer, these great tasting treats can be enjoyed anytime and will be fresh and fabulous for up to 2 months! Isn't it time you tried the low fat donuts that celebrities rave about , media adores and customers around the country just can’t get enough of?



HOW - Hurry, this offer expires Friday at Midnight EST, so place your order for any 4 assortments and enter the code FREE48 at checkout. Then click recalculate and POOF, your shipping charges disappear like these great donuts will the second you open the box!



BONUS - be one of the first 25 customers to order and write the word HAT in the order notes/gift message box and you can have one of the hottest hats from L.A to South Beach FREE! (a $24.95 value)."



Go to Holey Donuts to order.

Blueberry Cheesecake Muffin Recipe from Vitamuffin

(2 pts; 138 calories; 1g fat; 6g fiber)

Ingredients:

1 package of Blue Bran VitaMuffin Mix

2 egg whites

1 cup water

8-oz tub Philadelphia Fat-Free Cream Cheese

6 Tbsps. powdered sugar

1 low-fat graham cracker sheet, crushed (2 squares or 4 rectangles)

Instructions:
Preheat oven to 400 F.
Line a standard 12-cup muffin pan with paper baking cups.
Prepare according to package: In a large mixing bowl, combine VitaMuffin Mix, egg whites and water. Blend well. Set aside.
In a bowl, mix fat-free cream cheese and powdered sugar to thoroughly blend.
Divide muffin batter evenly among the baking cups. Spoon the cream cheese mixture evenly on top of the batter in each cup. Sprinkle the graham cracker crumbs over each muffin. Bake according to package, about 25 minutes, or until firm. Allow muffins to cool, then indulge your cheesecake craving in a lusciously light way!
Tip: Baking VitaTops at home can save you more than 50% - each fresh-baked VitaTop is only $0.50.


Get 10% OFF VitaMuffin Mixes when you enter coupon EVR527Z9. Coupon expires 5/27/09. Shop Now!

Points: 24/24

Activity: EA Sports Active; 40 minutes run/walk combo 2.6 miles +5 AP

Calories burned: 2513

Calorie intake: 1296

Calorie deficit: 1217

That's it for today. Hope y'all have a great Thursday. :)

6 comments:

  1. That drink looks and sounds so refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got the Vitamuffing recipe today too! I'm not sure if I'd trust myself alone with them though...yum cheesecakeblueberrygoodness!

    I got the EA Sports Active today during lunch. I'll be starting my 30 day challenge this evening!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the mojito recipe! We're going to the lake and floating the river next weekend and I need something I can put in a plastic container anyways. I'll have to make a big pitcher and pour it into lidded cups for the cooler. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all Kelly...I didn't get a chance to comment on your post yesterday, but CONGRATS!!! What a great loss!!! I liked how you said how you're like a kid "are we there yet"!! I feel/felt the same way!!

    And your pizza looks so yummy and simple!!

    BRAVO for saying no to that greasy point filled domino's pizza!!

    that mojito looks SO good!! might have to get those ingredients!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Darci. I can definitely thank you for being an inspiration. I'm not sure I would have joined WW had I not seen that lovely keychain on your blog. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. mojitos are my fav too and I got a recipe that is 150 calories without the artificial sweeteners.

    2 ounces rum
    4 ounces club soda
    mint leaves
    1/2 lime
    a few splashes of lime juice
    and 1/2 teaspoon of warm honey.

    so good and natural! It is Bethanny Frankels recipe from Housewives of NY.
    www.summerfitness.net

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)