Sunday, May 3, 2009

Food Log and Mini Microwave Cake (4 pts)

One of the good things about blogging pictures of your food is that you can scan a few days of your food log visually and make adjustments to your eating as needed. I noticed that, once again, I haven't been getting enough fruits and veggies.

Breakfast: green smoothie with spinach leaves, Jay Robb Pina Colada protein powder, water, ice, orange, banana and some sugar free coconut syrup (4 pts)


In case you are curious, that's 4 servings of fruits and veggies.
I noticed that this foamed a lot more with the protein powder. Next time I'll try blending the produce and stir in the protein powder. We'll see how that works out.









After checking out every one's blogs, I got the munchies. Does anyone else get hungry reading all of these foodie blogs?
I saw this mentioned on Darci's blog. She called it "crack wrap" and it looked so good.
She found the recipe at this blog and this person found it at this blog. I think that ends the trail of the crack wrap. :)
So good. Just take a flat out wrap, spread some hummus down the center (I used 2 Tbs); add a slice of fat free swiss cheese; fold up; spray pan with nonstick spray, cook; flip and serve. Cheesy yumminess. And now I understand why it's called "crack wrap."
Snack: crack wrap (3 pts)
.
Time to go grocery shopping. Oh boy. Can't wait. How about I talk about my recent trip to Mexico while in line and start sneezing? That should speed things up. haha I read about this on twitter. Sounds like something I would do. Seriously.
.
Lunch: Amy's Organic Alphabet Soup (2 pts for whole can)
I love this because the taste reminds me of Spaghettios but it had good-for-you veggies and it's organic AND low in points. All of these are good things in my book. I stocked up on these today. :)
.
Also found this Sencha Shot of Japanese Green Tea. It's calorie free and full of antioxidants. Unfortunately it tastes like ass. OMG. I drank it but I didn't like it. Am I supposed to mix this with something or just drink it down? There was no sweetener of any kind in it.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
This is an ultimate snack for me. All of these are favorites in my Book of Favorites (look for it at Amazon...just joking).
Snack: watermelon, Hank's Diet Root Beer and a Russel Stover Raspberry Whip Egg (3 pts)
My legs were sore today. What's up with that?! Chuck said his legs were sore too. I was thinking about "listening to my body" and giving it today off but my schedule was to run today and I really didn't want to get behind again. So we got the whole family together and took off.
.
Today Chuck had a brilliant idea to run through a field to meet up with another road and then make our way back home. It was a good idea except that the uneven ground takes running to a whole new level and the mosquitoes were hitting our faces and biting. But we did it. And I think we are all improving which is a huge bonus.
.
Here's what we did: walk 5 minutes warm up; run 1 minute/walk 2 minutes, repeat 8 times, walk 5 minutes cool down. We actually walked a little more to get home.
.
I had some sort of flat iron steak (like a skirt steak) marinating that I had got at the "reduced for quick sale" bin. Chuck was going to grill it but then realized the propane tank was empty. So I broiled it and it turned out just fine.
.
Dinner: steak salad with reduced fat blue cheese crumbles, crushed Guiltless Gourmet corn chips and some dressing that I mixed up with some marinade and FF Ranch. (8 pts) And now for dessert! This is my favorite meal of the day. ;-)


I got this recipe from Heather's video on her blog.

It's called Mini Microwave Cake and is only 4 pts and you get to eat the whole thing!

You need Reduced Sugar Cake mix, Reduced Sugar Frosting, nonstick spray, and Diet Soda.

Spray a microwave safe cereal bowl with the spray. Mix 1/3 cup cake mix and 1/3 cup soda in bowl. Microwave for about 1 and 1/2 minutes or until cake is spongy. Place 1 Tbs frosting on top and microwave for 15 seconds and then spread around.


Enjoy! the texture was a lot like a bread pudding to me. The flavor is very good.
Use dark soda with dark cake mix and light soda with light cake mix. I used diet Sprite with the golden cake mix.

Dessert: Mini microwave cake with frosting (4 pts)







Points: 24/24

Activity: Run/walk for 2.1 miles; 37 minutes +2 points

only owe myself 1 more activity point to get caught up on my points!

17 comments:

  1. Man I really have to try and find some of that pina colada protein powder YUM! I saw the mini microwave cakes on Heather's site too. I can't wait to try them. It will help me a lot with portion control! Crack wrap....can't wait to try that one either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *drool*
    bread pudding ? chocolate?
    yes please.

    (*runs to shopping list to add spinach as well*)
    MizFit

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey can you give us a breakdown of the green smoothie with the protein powder? How much of each ingredient to get 4pts?? I am VERY interested in making it! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG that cake dessert looks awesome! I'll definately be trying it sometime!

    Great job with the running, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Connie! The points on the green smoothie vary depending on how many and what fruits you use.

    Here's the 4 point version I made:
    1 cup ice
    1 cup water
    1/2 packet of Jay Robb Protein powder
    1 orange
    1 banana
    a little sugar free coconut syrup
    some sweetener (I used Stevia)

    The coconut syrup may be difficult to find. I had orderd a ton of sugar free syrups via the internet.

    If you choose to use almond milk instead of the protein powder just omit the water and protein powder and use 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk.

    Whatever the fruits you use two things are essential: something green (spinach, kale, etc) and a banana to mask the green taste.

    You can also look a few posts down and see my usual green smoothie but it's higher in points. The flax seeds and kiwi add a couple of points but are so good for you. :)

    Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, that cake looks so yummy...AND the salad. Oh jeeze, it must be snack time.

    I need to try your recipe for the shake, I'm sort of anti-spinach (except baby spinach in salads), but I really need to focus on getting more fruits & veggies in also!

    I posted the recipe and where I got the potstickers (Trader Joes) at the bottom of my blog post :D Seriously, I should have thought about that before posting lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Kelly!! Girl you know I already printed the other one!! Hee Hee!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey I made 4 of those cakes this weekend for my family. I only let the two year old eat half of his though. It was right before bed after all. My only issue was that I didn't realize that Reduced Sugar cake has sugar alcohol in it so it made my tummy a little gurggley afterwards. It was still yummy though.

    I'm going to have to try that crack wrap. Sounds right up my alley.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I forgot to mention that I used 2 cups of spinach leaves in teh 4 point smoothie! Oops. Pretty important for a green smoothie, don't ya think? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love cake!!!!!!!! Cake is my crack.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you liked the crack wrap!! And thanks for trailing it back...gotta give credit where credit is deserved!! :)

    And that cake looks AWESOME...might have to try it out!!

    Good job on the run...running through a field does not sound like fun at all...but you perservered!! :)

    Oh and just an FYI...no babies for the baby booties...not yet anyway!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That crack wrap looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yeah, people who post photos of food do make me hungry! STOP IT! :-)
    Path to Health

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the cake idea!! I'll have to try it for sure. Oh, and your green smoothie looks awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the crack wrap trail, proving that pictures of yummy foods make other bloggers want to eat the stuff in the pic!!

    Couldn't agree more about the teast of green tea, and not just the stuff in the can.

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOL at "tastes like ass"!!! You CRACK me up! Speaking of crack, that wrap looks right up my alley! YUM!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)