Sunday, May 3, 2009

Pointless Day at the Festival

Chuck got up and made breakfast for us before we left for the Sam Houston Folk Festival.

Breakfast: egg white, bacon FF cheese, a little Tabasco sauce on an English muffin (5 pts) and a caramel frappuccino (1 pt)
We didn't get out of the house until close to lunch. We were being lazy. :) So on the way to the festival we started to get hungry. How about stopping at one of my favorite Mexican restaurants in Houston: Cafe Adobe? They make some of the best margaritas around. They've been voted number 1 in Houston several times. BUT I was good and didn't order one. I'll save that for a date with my hubby. ;-)
.
Lunch: 1 chalupa with fajita beef, lettuce, cheese and sour cream, a little bit of rice and 3 bites of beans; lots of chips and salsa; a spearmint hard candy when leaving (estimated points 29) See that chalupa on the right? That's the one I ate. I left the other because I was full. I estimated the points pretty high because I wanted to make sure I was covered.
We park at Sam Houston State University and take a shuttle van to the festival. It was so much fun with the music playing and kids laughing and shooting souvenir arrows at each other and the food and craft vendors. And the reenactors were so friendly and loved sharing their passion for history. Here are some various pics:

I love this one of Charlie being chased by a goose. LOL!

At the festival I had some of the best homemade root beer that I've ever tasted. It is brewed in a barrel from the late 1800s and has been in his family for generations. It seems that root beer making and selling is a Zemer family tradition. The cart that he sells it from is the one his dad used to sell from. Plus, he had root beer slushes and would add vanilla ice cream for a root beer float at no extra charge. I refrained from the ice cream but did get 2 mugs of root beer slush and I'm pretty darn sure they weren't sugar free. (est points 6) Also got a small bag of cinnamon sugar pecans (est points 14). It came in a paper cone for some great street food. So good.

Time to go home. We were tired when we got home but I went for my scheduled walk and Chuck came with me. I didn't walk as fast as last time but we did walk 51 minutes for a total of 2.9 miles. There was an evening breeze blowing and it was nice to chat with Chuck, though he is a little overprotective and made me get in the grass if a car was coming. I rebelled.

Dinner: leftover Pei Wei Thai Dynamite with tofu and veggies with brown rice (8 pts)

Dessert: piece of pineapple angel food cake (2 pts) I don't want it to go bad. :)

Great day with the family.

Points: estimated at 65/24 I used up all of my daily points, weekly points and activity points and still need to earn 3 points to cover it. It will be a miracle if I don't gain weight at this weigh in. Oh well. It was a lot of fun.

Activity Points: +3 walked 2.9 miles in 51 minutes

8 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great time! Splurging every once in a while is a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing wrong with throwing the pts to the wind every once in a while!! Glad you had a good time, and a nice walk!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like it was a great day. Made me hungry! Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job keeping track even on a busy & high point day!

    Don't assume you'll gain for the week yet; while I don't recommend doing it every week, there have been many times I've gone over my weekly & activity points and still lost!

    Just keep tracking, I find that is what helps the most!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The first rule of being a husband is 'protect your wife'.
    The first rule of being a wife is 'listen to your husband'.

    LOL.
    (just kidding about the wife rule. really.)

    Just trying to keep you safe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like such a fun day!! Love the root beer story...that's so neat!!!

    And I think we ate about the same # of points yesterday....maybe it was something in the air!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you had fun, and I love the photos. I was once chased by a goose, but it looks like Charlie was a better sport about it than I was!

    I went over my calories yesterday, but still logged them in on-line. At least I know I'm being mindful while enjoying myself. It looks like you and I had the same approach!

    That root beer sounds amazing. I love root beer so much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute pictures! And I'm so drooling over your breakfast, that looks so, so delicious!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)