Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Balsamic-Marinated Pork Chops & Grilled Peaches; Progress Pics

Breakfast: Eggbeaters, cheese, multigrain Carb Check Bagel; Cherries
Exercise: I couldn't decide which DVD to do so I used the always accurate "eeny-meany-miney-moh; which DVD is the biggest foe? My momma told me to pick the worst one and you suck the most" T-Tapp won today. I haven't done that one in so long.

T-Tapp is great if you are just getting started or if you are worried about stress on your joints. There is no jumping or bouncing with these exercises. They are low impact and promise great results. I did the Total Body Workout which is about 55 minutes long. The lady may annoy you and it's hard not to fixate on her eyebrows. Plus, you'll be dreaming "tuck butt; shoulders back" for the rest of your life. But a decent workout nonetheless.

Do check out the web site and look at the pics and stories of all the successes. It's pretty impressive. I think this is one of the best workouts if you are overweight (pointing to me) and regular workouts hurt too much or if you have sensitive joints. It will also help re-align your spine. I get awesome pops every time I do it.

After T-Tapp I did EA Sports Active. It made the leg exercises much more challenging. I also changed out the band to make it more difficult. Ouch! I felt great afterwards though. :)

I had planned on doing yoga sometime today but just didn't get to it.

Lunch: I just wasn't that hungry after all the exercises. Jay Robb strawberry protein mixed with some Greek yogurt, water and ice; pear
Snack: Gnu bar (I'm out! Oh no!)
Ran lots of errands. Got truck inspected. etc etc etc Don't want to bore you with all that mess.
Dinner: Balsamic-Marinated Pork Chops & Grilled Peaches; salad This was very good and I'm sure we'll be having it again!
Dessert: Cocoa Via bar
Balsamic-Marinated Pork Chops & Grilled Peaches
from Clean Eating magazine July/August 2009 issue


1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup olive oil
3 Tbs honey
1 Tbs. fresh rosemary, chopped
4 5-oz lean boneless pork chops, visible fat removed
sea salt & black pepper to taste
4 peaches, halved & pitted (halving & pitting was a pain in the neck)
fresh thyme leaves for garnish (darn it! I forgot about that part!)

In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, oil, honey and rosemary. Reserve 2 Tbs. and add the rest to a 1-gallon zip-top bag. Add pork to bag and refrigerate for 1 hour, turning occasionally.

Preheat broiler to high or coat a grill pan with cooking spray and heat to medium-high over stove. Remove pork from fridge, discard marinating liquid and season pork with salt and pepper. Broil pork or cook in grill pan until pork is opaque throughout and feels firm to the touch. About 5-6 minutes per side.

Meanwhile, cook peaches under broiler or in a grill pan over medium heat until tender and juicy, 3-5 minutes. Transfer to plate, season with salt and pepper and brush with reserved marinade. To serve, place a pork chop on each of 4 plates and top with 2 peach halves. Garnish with thyme leaves.
Calories 310; Total Fat 10g; Fiber 1 g


I like to take progress pictures once a month. So it's that time again. :)

Here is the pic from last month:
Pic for June (I think I look bigger this month for some reason) Only lost 6.7 pounds between pics.
But it's a heck of a lot better than my before picture!
Tomorrow is evil weigh in day. Rachel made a cupcake for me but I said no. Also bought some red wine but I'm not having it tonight. I'm being as good as I can. I have a lot stacked against me: the bad eating choices over the weekend PLUS raging hormones. Oy veh!

10 comments:

  1. I need to try that recipe. I got my magazine and saw lots of good ones to try.

    And, Kelly, you look great! I can see a change in your arms, for sure. Besides, in last months pic you were farther away! Looking good, girlie.

    Also, gonna have to check out that T-Tapp. Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta love the hormones. NOT!! I have crazy ones for the whole week before my period. Thank God it's over for me for a month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your food looks fabulous as usual.

    Your after pic's are great! Your before pic says a lot. The way you are sitting/leaning over to fix your shoe shows how uncomfortable you were at that weight, which can probably be a "poster Pic" for all of us going through the changes.

    Great job on changing yourself into a healthier person!

    ReplyDelete
  4. T-Tapp. I have a set of those vids but forgot about them until this very day. Super hard, but very effective. I guess I'll get a 2nd workout just by finding them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your transformation shown in your pictures. Are you still in the challenge with us girl? Let me know I need to get your weigh in and what you weigh this week. Email me at getfitafter40 at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your blog! From one Kelly to another... and now a Texan too! Your progress is inspiring and I'm definitely trying out some of your recipes. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your transformation is incredible! You're doing such a great job :D

    T-Tap looks so interesting--I've never heard of it before.

    Ugh, hormones are no fun. Good luck at the weigh in!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't realize you'd come so far - SO inspiring, and I really needed that today. You look AMAZING!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the pictures :) Pictures are hard to do, if you dont have the exact same angle and zoom in at the exact same way its hard to see differences, but youre doing amazing! 6.7 lbs in a month is huge (at least for me!)

    Good job :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think it's the lighting and the angle that make you look a little bigger in this month's photo. But if you study it, your arms do look smaller. And what the heck is with that word ONLY????? I know a lot of people who would be pretty thrilled with a 6.7lb loss, thank you very much!!!!! You look beautiful. :-)
    Path to Health

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)