Friday, June 5, 2009

Celebrating Rachel's Birthday--Part 1

TGIF!

Breakfast: bacon and English muffin; egg, cantaloupe; coffee x2
Went to the chiropractor and got my back adjusted. It felt so good and she really got a lot of movement in my lower back. Ahhhhh.....

Then Chuck and I finished shopping for Rachel's gift. I'll show y'all tomorrow. :)

Lunch: low carb pita with hummus, grilled red & yellow peppers, greens mixed with light Italian and grilled chicken topped with goat cheese and Italian herbs; corn That pita concoction was AWESOME! And also the sweetest honeydew. Tasted like it had been soaked in sugar. Afternoon snack: green tea; chocolate yogurt That's some mighty good yogurt. Oh and 1/2 of a Holey Donut with Rachel

Chuck's parents wanted to take Rachel out for her birthday tonight instead of tomorrow. Rachel loves BBQ ribs so we tried a new BBQ joint called Spring Creek Barbecue.
My baby will be 14 tomorrow. At this time 14 years ago I was in labor and didn't know it. I thought I had strained my back. haha

Cool sconce lights outside.
My dinner: smoked turkey; corn; mac n cheese; 2.5 rolls; a few fries; some pickles Damn them! They kept bringing fresh from the oven rolls to the table. I can not resist.
Chuck thought the peach cobbler with Blue Bell vanilla ice cream was really good. He and Rachel ate it. I had only two bites. That's a victory for sure!
Thanks to Chuck's parents for a great meal.
The happy siblings.
So I left stuffed as a Thanksgiving turkey but it was a fun time and really good. The place had such great atmosphere and the food was terrific.
.
Then we went to Target for Legos and sunscreen. What a combination. Charlie had some money burning a hole in his pocket. Rachel found a cupcake book and I bought a copy of Clean Eating magazine.
.
No exercise today. My muscle are sore from my shoulders to my legs. They need a day of rest.
.
Tomorrow Rachel wants to hike to a sandbar for her birthday. We'll see how that goes. Go activity points!! :P

12 comments:

  1. Happy birthday, Rachel! Can't wait to see what you guys got her! Mmm, I SO miss Texas fruit...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday, Rachel! Sounds like you guys had a great time at the restaurant. Your lunch looks delicious, and the honeydew sounds great! I love when fruit is super sweet like that.

    Have a great time at the sandbar today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to your beautiful daughter! My son will turn 14 this year, too. It goes too fast.

    Your breakfast made me drool, seriously. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Rachel! What a great picture of the birthday girl - she is so pretty!

    I can't wait to see what you got her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go skipping the dessert! Happy Birthday to your daughter! Enjoy the hike to the sandbar!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun night!! And BBQ sounds SO good!! Happy Birthday Rachel!! She's such a gorgeous girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmm BBQ.
    Glad you picked up a copy of Eating Clean. You will have to let me know what you think of it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG! I *swear* we are soul sisters. Spring Creek is one of my favorite places to hit when we visit my family in Irving. Seriously. The rolls are TDF! Yum. I always get their chicken salad, which is ginormous and really really really good. I figure eating a salad for my main meal means I can be rewarded with their awesome rolls. lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have some beautiful kids and I hope Rachel has a GREAT Bday!
    Cant wait to see her gift.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want to see a chiropractor too!! Maybe I'll get a trainer stretch session at the gym tonight.

    Great job on resisting the peach cobblers :> FOod victories are sooo empowering!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy bday to Rachel! Sounds like a lovely day! :) (and kudos on the cobbler!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous son and daughter, Kelly! But it is Monday already!! Where's the present and the recap of the hike?

    I thought of you when we picked our single ripe yellow raspberry this weekend! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)