Monday, June 29, 2009

Have Room on That Wagon for One More?

Monday morning.

I'm touched by all of the encouragement from my "downer" post. Thank you so much. It really does make a difference. It's like my own personal therapy session and you guys are the psychologists. :)

Yesterday, Sunday, I was determined to crawl back on to the wagon. And I succeeded big time.

I had to go get the kids so I was going to be on the road during lunch but I planned ahead and succeeded in staying with it.

Breakfast: Amazing Grass shake with chia seeds and vanilla kefir The chia seeds are a wonderful addition because they really make you feel full and satisfied. I love 'em.

Lunch: (the challenge to have lunch on the road without stopping for junk food or making a mess in the car) Amazing Grass shake and an Amazing Grass bar It was very satisfying and the whole thing was only 330 calories. But I can say that I prefer the shakes made with almond milk than just water.

Dinner: Chuck was sweet and made breakfast for dinner scrambled egg whites, 2 slices whole wheat toast, and 2 slices uncured bacon which I like much better than the cured bacon with nitrites that I was eating

Dessert: a "clean eating" ice cream sandwich that I had made

I did not exercise because of the hamstring issue I was having. Plus I was tired and something is messed up with my hormones because I am breaking out like crazy and it's not even close to time for something like that to happen. Maybe it was the junk I ate.

Feeling like myself again. :) Thanks again for the encouragement.

Goals for the week:
  • exercise at least 5 days this week
  • clean house
  • eat healthy options ONLY this week

10 comments:

  1. There's always room for one more! YAY! This group is like a group of right-minded shrinks! (get it--shrinks!)
    I love love love the chia seeds and want to write a post about them. I can't thank you enough for bringing them to our attention!
    Hope your week is WONDERFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! Glad you are feeling upbeat and hopeful once again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing great- when I need inspiration I read your posts- Keep going- there's a lot of us who are cheering for you- Have a great week and keep your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm becoming more and more intrigued by the Amazing Grass products!!

    See lady, I knew you'd turn it around :D Youre a rock star

    ReplyDelete
  5. It just takes one good day on program to put you on track.

    I started the day with oat bran. I just found some locally after reading all of Sweetie Pie's breakfasts. A serving is one point.

    Lunch was baby bok choy with crystallized ginger and muenster cheese.

    After one compliment on my loss today, it was enough to kickstart me all over again.

    Under 5' tall little old gray-haired obese ladies don't show their weight loss very fast, so a compliment at 25 pounds lost is rare and notable and most welcome!!!

    I know you can do it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay!! I'm glad you're feeling better :D I knew you could do it! I tried making the Amazing Grass berry powder with just water, and I could not STAND it. I had to dump half of it out. The chocolate one I made with almond milk was great, though! Have a wonderful day :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay, Kelly! Getting right back on tract, girl! I've got to get some chia seeds and give them a try.

    I've been waiting till 7:30 before going for my ride. It's still hot, but the breeze has been nice.

    I love the "shrinks" thing anne h said! lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. checking in on you on day three (if you count sunday) of this week.
    hows the fitting in 5 days of exercise going?

    we, and the wagon, are thrilled to have you back.

    MizFit

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)