Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Monday Eats

No pictures today. :( Chuck had the camera with him. Oh noooooooooo. *said in my Bruce voice from Family Guy*


Breakfast: Green Monster (I prefer to call it swamp water) with spinach, Amazing Grass mix original, banana, 1/2 of huge orange, kefir, stevia, ice, chia seeds Made about a quart of deliciousness.


The Amazing Grass folks also sent a couple of samples of their mix for kids.

I mixed a shake for Charlie and Rachel using the packet & chocolate almond milk and they loved it. Both drank it down with no problem at all. I have to go get some of this now.

Check out the wonderful things about this product:

A nutritional powerhouse that combines 33 rainbow colored fruits and vegetables in a delicious chocolate drink powder. Mix with milk or water. One serving gives you the antioxidant equivalent of 3 servings of fruits and vegetables.

Amazing Grass Kidz SuperFood phyto-nutritous fruit and vegetable blend: organic wheat grass, organic barley grass, organic alfalfa, asparagus, lima beans, green peas, kale, kiwi, organic spinach, organic broccoli, brussel sprouts, green beans, zuichini, apricots, organic carrots, mangos, pineapple, sweet potatoes, tangerines, yellow squash, pomegranates, raspberries, guavas, cranberries, red cabbage, cherries, tomatoes, beets, plums, purple grapes, blueberries, organic oat fiber, organic soy milk powder (organic soy beants, organic cane juice), organic cocoa, FOS (from chicory root), dutch cocoa, natural vanilla, apple pectin fiber, carrageenan, sea salt, silicon dioxide (anti-caking).

I'll take slow steps but eventually they'll be enjoying Swamp Water with me. :)

Lunch: tuna salad and spinach leaves on whole wheat bread; apple I used plain Greek yogurt instead of mayo in the tuna and it worked just fine.

Dinner: spaghetti with bison meat sauce; 1 garlic bread stick; salad; iced tea

Exercise was doing mountains of laundry and cleaning my bedroom. I had stacks of books that needed to be sorted. Also used my rubber band to do some upper body strength training and did some planks. Planks are rough for me. I have very little core strength.

Found out today that we won't be going camping at South Llano State Park this weekend. It kind of sucks because we were going for 5 days! 5 days of tubing, swimming, canoeing and hiking. Our diesel truck is having some issues and the miniature van won't pull the trailer. And there's no way I'm sleeping in a tent in this kind of heat. Forget about it.

I guess we'll spend the weekend completing nature challenge missions, geocaching and maybe go paddle a river or something. So it's all good. I have to find some way to totally exhaust my family on the holidays. :)

Thanks for checking in on me. Things are back to normal emotionally. The scale...well, I'm not going to let that thing bother me. My clothes are fitting much loser and I'm getting stronger. But the most important thing of all is that I am happy. :) Ah, the ups and downs of life.

11 comments:

  1. (((Kelly))))
    Enjoy your time with family, stay cool. great job on the intake..but even a better job on your mental outlook. It is so important in our journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww I'm sorry youre going to miss out on your camping trip. I love tubing and rafting! Knowing ya'll though, you'll have some other amazing adventure that will produce great pictures and stories :)

    Good for you for telling the scale to shove it. I am ready to throw mine out of a very fast moving vehicle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to know that you're happy! Too bad about camping, though :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. My dad says it's been extra extra hot in Houston lately so I can definitely understand not wanting to sleep in a tent. Still sucks though...sorry :(

    Man, at some point this week, I am going to try to make a green smoothie. I bought the spinach last nite. I'm scared!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kelly you have to smile, all the time, it burns calories like mad...so trophy out girl and smile away those pounds...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tricia, do try the smoothie. I'll walk you through it. Ready?

    Get your blender out. Is it clean from the last pitcher of ritas?

    Add a little more than a cup of water, milk or unsweetened vanilla almond milk.

    Now grab a handful (no, i mean a big handful) of spinach leaves.

    Peel a banana and put the banana in the blender.

    Add a coupld of handfuls of ice.

    Now some a little sweetener if you like your stuff sweet. I use stevia, honey or agave nectar.

    Here is the point where you get to go a little crazy with your drink. Add what you like. How about some chia seeds? Berries? No, not chocolate or a donut. An orange? Pineapple? Maybe some flax or oats. Have fun with it.

    Now blend the crap out of it. Repeat. Drink. You won't taste the spinach. Trust me. Just try it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear that you're happy - that is what really matters, after all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you're back on track. I went back and read your previous post. Don't be so down on yourself. Your negative feelings and statements about yourself and your body (go back and re-read it, you'll see what I mean) allow you to turn a "beautiful date" into a shameful event. Don't do that to yourself. I do it, too - and it's a REALLY BAD HABIT for us chicks to get into. I am currently trying to get the hell away from doing that. Stay the path - you're doing fine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kelly,

    I knew there had to be another Houstonian somewhere drinking Green Monsters, and you are the only one I've found! I actually peel and freeze my bananas the night before so I don't have to dilute everything with ice. You are so right that you can't taste the spinach, but tomorrow I am going to venture into the frightening world of kale!

    Amazing job on your weight loss, BTW.

    ChezJulie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww, I'm sorry you have to miss your camping trip. That's really disappointing :( I'm so glad to hear that you're not worrying about the scale! That little number won't change who you are--health and happiness are what's really important :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)