Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Weigh In Results; Last Post for a While

Got up bright and early and weighed in. I was expecting a serious gain but to my pleasant surprise I lost .6 pounds. It's not a lot but at least it wasn't a gain. It should be better next week.

So, the results are that I lost .6 pounds for a total of 50.9 pounds gone. Down to 199.1

Last night Rachel made a cupcake for me but I was not about to eat it before weigh in. This morning I had it. Better to eat it early and burn off the calories, right? It was very good too. I need to challenge Rachel to come up with a healthier treat for the mom.

Breakfast: green tea; 8 grain cereal with blueberries and some ground flax seeds & strawberry protein powder
I was making fun of T-Tapp while doing it yesterday but today I'm sore! My legs, back and arms. Guess I won't be making fun of it anymore. haha

Did EA Sports Active on Wii for 30 minutes at medium intensity. Good workout. Those jump lunges just kill me.

Went to my mom's house which is about 2 hours away. I left my dogs and took home my niece. But while there we went to a healthy grocery store called Basic Foods. They have organic foods for way cheaper than I can get in Houston.

It was almost 3pm and I still hadn't had lunch. Fortunately the grocery store has a deli that serves up healthy choices. I got an Italian panini on whole grain bread with turkey, provolone, roasted peppers and pesto. I only ate about 5 or 6 of the baked chips. The sandwich was enough. Got home around 6pm and still had errands to run and it was time for dinner. So we went out to Mooyah. I got a turkey burger with cheddar. I didn't eat it all. Did have a few fries. The burger was fantastic.
For a treat I had a sampling of some loot from my trip to Basic Foods. These are so good!
Tomorrow (June 18th) is my perfect husband's birthday. I just want to tell the world how much I love this man and how awesome he is. He treats me like a queen and has never said anything (not one thing!) to hurt my feelings. I hope he has the happiest birthday because each day he makes me the happiest woman. Happy birthday, my dear Chuck.
.
I got him a gun for his birthday but he already knows that since he got it early. :) And he picked out his cupcakes at the store.
.
We'll be heading out tomorrow to go camping for the weekend. Can't wait! I'm only packing healthy foods except for some stuff for S'mores for the kids. I might have one. I don't know. OH, and I packed some margarita stuff. Gotta have a rita.
.
We'll be doing tons of hiking and looking for alligators and birds and whatever nature we can find. I'm going to lobby for a night hike too but we'll see if the kids are too scared. ;-)
.
See y'all Sunday or Monday. Have a terrific weekend.

16 comments:

  1. MMmmmm.... cappuccino goji berries? Those sound yummy!
    Great job on the loss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on the weigh in..The cupcake looks cute! She's getting really good at it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Staying below that 200 mark...nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Chuck!

    Have fun camping and congrats on the weight loss!

    Have two margaritas... and just add the calories to my count ;) Yum Yum

    ReplyDelete
  5. That cupcake looks freakin awesome. I love the frosting. Good job on the weigh in!

    And happy birthday Chuck! Have fun camping :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations, you deserve a hug for your hard work losing. Losing and maintaining ... two different animals. Cupcakes are making my mouth water. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. You and your hubby are sooo sweet!!!
    Have fun on the camping trip and see you when you get back!
    Be safe! Don't be too adventurous with the alligators!

    ReplyDelete
  8. that pictures of the cupcake looked so good! Your daughter really has a talent for it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is it mandatory in Texas to get your spouse a gun on special ocasions? Just wondering...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jack Sh*t, it is mandatory to buy either a firearm or ammo for special occasions. You have to sign an agreement when you live here. It's the law. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. AHHHHH, thats why I love you Texans!!!!!Congrats on the loss

    ReplyDelete
  12. A loss is a loss and even better when its not expected! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Way to keep on losing Kelly!! Hope you are having fun.

    FYI-We live very close to Kennesaw, GA where the law states each head of household must own a gun.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Have a great time! Tons of hiking + margaritas + smore's sounds like a heavenly combination.

    And I don't think there's anything that makes me happier than hearing about people who totally love and appreciate their spouses. Sounds like you married a wonderful person! And so did he. Hope he had a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on the loss... and on the cupcake. It looks SO good!! I hope that camping is (was) lots of fun, and happy birthday to Chuck!! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)