But wait, that's not all: I'm now in Onederland for the first time in years. 199.7 to be exact. Yeah, it's barely in Onederland but it's there.
I have now lost more than I have left to lose. I've lost 50.3 pounds and have 49.7 pounds to lose. It's finally downhill.
Since I am not a health expert (I'm actually rather clueless) I take comments and suggestions seriously. Some advice that I have taken lately that I believe has really helped:
- eat clean. Not so many processed foods, cut back or eliminate diet sodas, be able to read the ingredients on packages. Yes, it makes a big difference. I'm not 100% but better than I was even considering all the birthday fun.
- strength train to boost metabolism. The EA Sports Active has some basic strength training but yesterday I started with weights. Also the Shred has strength training intervals. I've read in more than one place that weights will really boost the ole metabolism so I'm going to put it to the test
- don't eat after 9pm. I read this in Master Your Metabolism and I have been following it pretty religiously except for 1 night last week.
- eat a good breakfast. I'm trying to make breakfast one of my heftiest meals. That way I have the rest of the day to burn off the calories while a big dinner doesn't have as much of a chance to get burned with what's left with the day.
- Weight Watchers, try Filling Foods (AKA Core). My leader had talked about this at a meeting once and said that it was great for breaking through plateaus. It also happens to work very well with eating clean, whole foods. You don't have to measure or count points. But I'm still trying to keep my portions reasonable.
- eat 3 main meals and 1 afternoon snack. That's it. Read this in Master Your Metabolism.