Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Howdy!

So it's been a while since my last post. Bad blogger!

Life has just been hitting me at full speed and when I finally have a chance to blog I just want some quiet "me" time.

Busy teaching the kids most of the day, then running errands, reading, doing nature challenge missions (though we finished our last one on Sunday), playing taxi to the kids, etc etc.

My exercising has really been lacking lately which is not good. I am going to exercise today no matter what even though I did get up before the crack of dawn because it feels like I'm coming down with a UTI. Ugh. Haven't had one of those in years. Drinking lots and lots of water.

I hope to post some new recipes for you very soon. Today is grocery shopping day but the money tree in the backyard has died so I'm going to try to find budget friendly yet healthy options. Not always possible though. There may be a hot dog night tossed in there somewhere. :)

Weight loss? I haven't checked the scale and quite frankly I am afraid to look. I'll be checking next week and reporting the damage. LOL And this weekend is Charlie's 9th birthday so I'm getting ready for that.

Any suggestions for healthy budget friendly meals?

6 comments:

  1. My budget friendly suggestion would be to keep it simple - something grilled and something green. It's too hot to do much else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was worried about you. I totally understand where you are coming from. Hope things slow down a bit for you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could send you a seedling from my money tree, but alas, it blew down during our last storm. :(

    I was wondering where you were! Don't let your mojo wander too far away from you - it's hard to corral!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, we're missing your pleasant voice and yummy food pics. I definitely know what it's like to be overwhelmed by Life. Hope you can get a handle on it all and carve out a little slice of time for blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  5. For cheap protein sources buy eggs or beans! Very cheap and healthy too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello,


    We bumped into your blog and we really liked it - great recipes YUM YUM.
    We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.

    We would be delighted if you could add your blog to Petitchef so that our users can, as us,
    enjoy your recipes.

    Petitchef is a french based Cooking recipes Portal. Several hundred Blogs are already members
    and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.

    To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on "Add your site"

    Best regards,

    Vincent
    petitchef.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)