Thursday, July 23, 2009

It's Opposite Day!

Usually we only like to show pictures of the healthy things we eat and hide the bad stuff. Today is opposite day for me! LOL

Wednesday the kids and I visited Sugarbaby's Cupcake Boutique in Houston. Just look at this cupcake goodness: (from top left: Charming Chocolate; Dippity Doo-dah; Dippity Doo-dah; Java Chocolate) Mine was the Java Chocolate. OMG! So good. The kids weren't terribly impressed with cake but thought the icing was good. They're quite the cupcake connoisseurs.
Here's how I justified the trip to a cupcake shop: Rachel is taking a cake decorating class so it's kind of like an elective in school. So we went to the cupcake shop on a field trip. Are you following me camera guy? That's it.....a field trip! It was for education. And I'm all about my kids' education. Ha!

Hey, I did eat "on plan" the rest of the day. Balance. Must have balance. :)

It has been 1 week and 1 day since the chicken mummification project started. Yes, I still have a chicken sitting on my counter.

Today the kids made canopic jars. The jars were used to hold the intestines, lungs, liver and stomach of the deceased. Our jars will hold pennies, trinkets and rocks. Maybe keys.


At the moment I am desperately trying to fall in love with my diet again. By diet I mean my everyday eating not diet as it has come to be known in pop culture. Even with all of these great recipes I'm kind of bored with it. Which is weird.
.
Maybe I'm just bored with the idea of "dieting" to lose weight. Maybe I'm settling in to the day to day routine of eating better. Maybe the honeymoon is over and it's time to settle in for the long haul. I don't know.
.
Tonight I will be making a new recipe. If it has a high nom nom nom rating, I will share it with you. :)

9 comments:

  1. Those cupcakes look yummy! I hope your daughter likes her cake decorating class. Baking and decorating cakes is one of my favorite things to do. It's also one of the hardest because how can you not taste test and test and test and test?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The whole foundation of my current "diet" has been to find a way of eating that doesn't leave me feeling deprived or like I'm missing out. I honestly feel better than I have in years and rarely miss the crap that used to litter my diet.

    Love the home projects, Kelly. They're awesome. My youngest daughter would love your "school".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, what we do for our children's education! lol Fun!

    I use the word diet as you do. It doesn't always come across right in text due to the pop culture thing, like you say.

    When doing SOTW, did you guys make the nile with dirt and flood it? That was my son's favorite project--go figure, a boy and dirt. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. jo, it was on the books to do the Nile thing but I had done it with Rachel years ago and didn't feel like doing it again just yet. I'm a lazy teacher. :P But it was a cool prject and we did take pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those cupcakes look good...but very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those cupcakes look yummy! I don't usually react to things like that, but I must say, they look tempting.

    I think we go through stages on any new eating plan that we're less inspired, but we can turn it around again and move forward... Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those cupcakes look awesome! Glad you were able to enjoy one while still maintaining balance! That's what it's all about!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tonight's dinner definitely had a high NOM NOM quotient.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I brag about not being hungry for carbs, until I see a close-up of cupcakes. And I don't even like cups. Or chocolate!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)