Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Recipes: Cheese Stuffed Sliders (7 pts); Fettuccine Alfredo with Vegetables (7 pts)

Well, this past weekend I did better than the other weekends of total chaos and on-the-go life.



This picture pretty much sums up the weekend: I love the innocence of childhood curiosity. We were on a mission to find animal tracks. The kids found raccoon and deer prints.



I packed in the materials we needed to make casts of the deer tracks. How is that for a prepared mom?! I made some casts of another track but some kids from hell smashed it. Brats.

Here are the casts that survived.

I did try a couple of new recipes that were hits.



How about some Cheese Stuffed Sliders? These are filled with 2% cheddar and were very good and filling. I did not top them with grilled onions like the recipe called for. Next time I'll try that. You can tell from the picture that I like a lot of mustard on the burger. No ketchup, please.

And this recipe is now one of my favorites: Fettuccine Alfredo with Vegetables (7 pts) Yum! Just follow the link to get the recipe. :)
I think we're pretty much caught up. It's just been crazy busy for me lately with trying to play catch up with teaching the kids, the nature challenge missions, trying to lose weight, keeping up with Charlie's obsession with catching bugs, keeping house, etc. Busy, busy, busy. You'd think losing weight would be easy with so much going on! But I don't think it's ever really easy. Unless you're sick.
.
Speaking of busy, I need to go get chemicals for science experiments, groceries, teach, take Rachel to cake class and cook. Fortunately I already walk/jogged on the treadmill for 2.5 miles. Great way to start the day. :)
.
Tonight I think we'll start trying to learn Latin. Hey, why not?

12 comments:

  1. That is a kick-ass T-Rex shirt! And that alfredo looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was in charge of teaching my kids Pig Latin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun to make casts of the animal tracks! Love that idea - scientific, and decorative at the same time (yes, I love multi-tasking)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vah! Denuone Latine loquebar?
    Me ineptum! Interdum modo elabitur.

    I am SO ready for Latin.
    Teach me it's ways, Sensei.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chuck, first we work on grammar, young grasshopper.
    It's= it is
    Its= possessive pronoun

    Once student understand this, we proceed. :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Forgive, I will. Sensai has patience of female lion in cage being poked with a stick. Teaching Latin promises to be entertaining.

    Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol about it's and its...that's one of my biggest pet peeves. (No offense, Chuck.)

    I read this and my stomach took a leap. Now I'm kind of dreading school starting up again. So much to do, so little time.

    I'm glad you posted the link to the recipe again. I meant to try that and didn't, the I forgot.

    You and my hubby would get along great, both mustard peeps. I'm a catsup girl.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a mustard lover too Kelly, unfortunately grammer is not my strong suite as I am sure you have noticed!

    I thought of you the other day in the store when I saw a wine called "Kelly's Revenge". :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sliders look delish! I love being busy, busy, busy. That's how I thrive.

    ReplyDelete
  10. "Ya'll" is ok, right?
    it kinda stands alone...

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)