Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Weigh In Results



It's that time again. This week we had a scare with a Monday scale sneak peak saying a 4 pound gain. This morning I woke up in anticipation. Would the scale gods smile upon my efforts? Would I make it into the Jack Sh*t poem? The anxiety of the whole thing woke me up pre-7am. That's too early for a vampire night owl like me.

The scale said........wait for it..........wait for it.......................................

Down 1 pound for a total loss of 55 pounds since last summer. That's 22% of my bodyweight gone!
I was sweating this one, my friend.


I have to say that I was in such a great mood today after that accomplishment.

I succeeded at Jack Sh*t's 1/2 pound challenge.

I've got 1.2 pounds left for the Lose 25 Pounds By Summer Challenge.

I met every goal (and surpassed them) every week for 8 weeks of the Woman Challenge on Team MizFit.

I'm not saying all this to toot my own horn. I'm genuinely amazed. I am not the same person I was last year. I would never have accomplished so much. I had such a low opinion of myself that I would give up or not try in the first place.

I think the best feeling is getting stronger. That and clothes fitting better. The numbers on the scale are nice but it's hard to beat getting muscle definition. Something about it is empowering.

Please look to the top right of your screen. You will see a link to Amazing Grass. This stuff has rocked my world. It is one of my favorite things now. If you would like to order some, just follow the link. It really is good.

Also, I've entered another challenge. Steps to Labor Day challenge by Daunting Tale of Scale Warfare. Just set a goal of how many steps you wish to reach by Labor Day. I'm setting mine at 250,000 which is approximately 125 miles. I have a little ticker at the bottom of the posts of how many steps I've taken.


No pictures today. I don't know why but I was having trouble remembering to take them.

Breakfast: Swamp Water with Amazing Grass, almond milk, chia seeds and ice. Have I mentioned how much I love Amazing Grass? No? Well I LOVE it. :) And my post weigh in cupcake by Rachel

Snack: piece of a terrible protein bar

Lunch: tuna sandwich with spinach leaves on wheat toast; cantaloupe; a few low cal pretzels

Snack: strawberry Greek yogurt

Dinner: the best springroll; sushi

Dessert: Holey Donut Surely these things can't be low cal. They're so good.

Exercise: mowed lawn; yoga; some cardio on wii fit

Notice: I have a TON of stuff planned this weekend (couple of days at my parents' house; geocaching; nature challenge missions, etc) so I don't know how often I'll be around to blog. But I am going to be very good. I'll check back as soon as possible.

Hope you all have a terrific 4th of July! :)

28 comments:

  1. WOW you are rockin all those challenges! Great job on Jack Sh*t's challenge and the Lose25 one as well!

    I think Scale Warfare's steps challenge is great too but I am still contemplating whether I can keep it up for two months :> hee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job this week with your WI and challenges!

    I agree seeing the results of strength training, while it takes some time, rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly,
    Do you realize you've lost 3.94% of your weight for the month of June for the challenge?

    That is soooo cool.

    Keep up your great work and effort!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a great list of accomplishments! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! You Rock! I am so happy for you! You are more than 1/2 there- you continue to inspire me! 125 miles by Labor Day is a great goal! I know you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've said this time and time again, but I feel as though I have to say it again. YOU ARE AMAZING! Every time I read your blog, I feel empowered and inspired to do better for myself. I feel excited for you and excited to see what achievement you'll come to next!

    ReplyDelete
  7. People in the wide world of the web, Kelly likes this grass so much that she left the house last night at 9:30 to restock her supply.
    Give it a try.

    Kel,
    You look fantabulous. Really.
    Looking forward to the weekend.
    I am outta here at 4 today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Way to go Kelly!! I just had a feeling you would pull it off! The pleasure of making Jack figure out how to work all those names in to his poem is some strong motivation

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay, Kelly! You did it! I know you worked hard this week for that and you deserve it!

    You know, another thing you should be really proud of is how far you have come with respect to the quality of the food you are eating. If you look at the foods you were choosing when you first started WW compared to how you eat now, it's such a difference. You are choosing foods that are really good and healthy for your body. So inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Girl toot your horn! If you don't who will??

    I love the attitude about not being the same person you were a year ago! and you are over 1/2 way to your goal, congrats girl!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Way to go, Kelly! You're making me want this grass. You're the new Billy Mays!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You rock, Kelly! Toot your horn, you've worked hard, kicked butt and deserve to!

    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WTG! Love reading your blog and checking in on your weekly weigh in, keeps me going :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay Kelly! What a victory!!! I agree with the comment Marisa made - you have really changed the food you eat for the better and I'm very impressed - it's hard to break the sugar habit - but you've done a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great job on the 55 lbs! Excellent! And I know how you feel, you just can't believe it, right? Same here, I've lost around 80 lbs (keeps going up and down a few lbs) and I feel so much better. All those times I tried to lose weight and only lost 20 then failed!

    Great job, keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh I just love this post, Kelly, LOVE it! Big congrats on your 55-pound weight loss and successfully transforming yourself through diet and hard work.

    “I'm not saying all this to toot my own horn” Well why the hell not, woman? You deserve to toot that horn! :-D

    Best of luck with your challenges. I know you’ll ace them!

    --Susan

    ReplyDelete
  17. Kudos on not missing out on the JSKAHAHAPC commemorative poem tomorrow. It wouldn't have been the same without you.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Woooo congrats! You deserve to be proud of all those accomplishments. You're doing great! Have a lovely weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I knew you could do it. I also posted a loss of 1.5 lbs this a.m. on-line totaling 25.5 lbs. My goals are more modest, hopping for 20 more by Dec. 31.

    Keep on keeping on............

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats on the challenges! I gave a "shout-out" to you today and blogged about the wonders of chia seeds. Thanks again for bringing them to our collective attention!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yay! Kelly! You rock, girl. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You totally rock! Congrats on the loss. And on all of the progress you have made over the past months.
    Path to Health

    ReplyDelete
  23. WHOA! Congrats on the loss and doing well in all your challenges! You are rocking it!

    ReplyDelete
  24. hip hip hooray! for you and your amazing progress since last summer AND this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congratulations on your loss!! Even bigger congrats for your feeling of empowerment. I think that's one of the best motivators of all!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)