Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Hello on Wednesday!

Oh, I'm so happy fro antibiotics that I could write a poem. But I am not. :) They did their magic and I am 100% better. It was pretty tough for a couple of days though.

Charlie had a terrific birthday. He was so excited over his gifts that we were all laughing with him. Rachel made an awesome Ben 10 cake. It was her 4th cake and she really did an amazing job. But I'm her mom so I'm a little biased. Charlie also got pelted with silly string which broke out into a family silly string fight. Lots of fun.

Since the last time I blogged, we have had many "visitors" to the household. Lubber grasshoppers which cover the palm of a child's hand. Charlie still has them in his room. Praying mantis. Crickets. Chuck discovered a juvenile cottonmouth while weedeating. The snake got a couple of whacks on the head but made it out ok. Chuck was going to kill it because it's venomous and he doesn't want the kids or dogs to get bit. But after everyone freaked out over it (nature lovers) Chuck was able to put him in a bucket and we relocated the snake.
We now have a toad in my library. I wonder how long he will be a house guest.

It is also been 3 weeks of the mummification of the chicken project. Yes, Pharaoh Cluxor is still on my counter just mummifying away. I hope he/she has a great afterlife, may Osiris be merciful. LOL


I had planned on sharing some new recipes but I'm having a bad recipe streak. Everything has just been ok and probably not something I'd make again. So nothing worth sharing right now. :(

I plan on weighing in next Wednesday and checking out the damage. But for this week I need to hop on the treadmill. I had grand plans to go spinning but the Nature Challenge closing ceremonies are this Saturday and we still have numerous scrapbook pages to complete. So I guess we'll have to pick up spinning the following week. So busy!

Tuesday: made scrambled eggs and 1 piece of toast; lunch was pizza (on the road and it was cheap); dinner was spaghetti
Exercise: worked pretty good in the front landscaping pulling out weeds, ran around most of the day.

Reading: Don Quixote and Stiff
Stiff is a fascinating book about the off the wall uses for human bodies. It's a bizarre and fun read.
Don Quixote is about a man who goes insane reading the genre of his day, chivalry books, and goes off on his own adventures as a knight errant. Has several very funny parts.

14 comments:

  1. Hey stranger... glad to see you're still alive and kicking.

    And if you need a poem written, I know somebody that can hook you up. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering how you were doing! Glad the meds did the trick for you and that you're feeling better. Happy belated birthday to Charlie!

    A house full of critters--we get that, too. My least favorite part of being mom to a boy! lol

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been thinking about you...Glad you're feeling better!

    Crazy about the critters in/near the house, right? A couple of nights ago we had a huge moth (?) with black wings/yellow markings in the house - the wingspan was bigger than my hand. That's all I saw before I dove under the covers and made my husband get it out!

    Good luck with the treadmill this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, we're missing you around here! I'm glad you're having such an active life, but you know we bloggers are a needy bunch! Good to know you're having good times and feeling better :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy youre feeling better, UTI's can be very very evil!

    I think there's a anti-blogging/anti-sticking to any formal diet thing going around the blogosphere as of late. People are posting less often and there are a lot of people (those posting) who are struggeling. Hopefully it's just the summer and hopefully we all get our mojo back very very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. been thinking about you and hoping all was good with you and the family. My kids love me updating them on the chicken mummy! Glad you still doing good, I've been of the exercise wagon for a week too...trying to get back to it

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you are feeling better! Your house "guests" would send me screaming into the streets. You're a better man than I am , Gunga Din!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you are feeling better too! Good luck on the treadmill.

    I have 5 boys, so I too understand the fascination with the "critters". Mine are really into Star Wars too, so I get a lot of that as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good to hear that you're back!

    I would leave immediately if there was a snake in my garden [venomous or otherwise]. I just don't do snakes. Sends shivers up my spine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad to hear you're over the nasty infection.

    So you expelled the terrible asp? Great move!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad you are feeling better! Glad you are back!

    ReplyDelete
  12. maaan I was so looking forward to a poem.

    but Ill take the fact you are better!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, this is the first time I have read your blog. And yes it did make me smile lol!! glad your feeling better btw. very happy for you about your weight loss. I have lost 115 lbs in the last 16 months doing WW. A friend of mine shared one of your recpies with me. the crockpot cheeseburgers, haven't tried them yet but she says they are delcious!!! looking forward to snaggin more of your recipies.

    have a great day!!!

    Rita

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)