Monday, September 28, 2009

Cold Sesame Noodles with Chicken & Cucumbers (6 pts)

I made this for dinner tonight and it was sooooo very good. Here is a pic of the ingredient list.
The finished product. You serve it cold.

Sesame Noodles with Chicken & Cucumbers

from Cooking Light Sept. 2009
8 oz uncooked dried udon noodles
1/4 cup rice vinegar
2 Tbs dark sesame oil
2 Tbs. low sodium soy sauce
1 Tbs. honey
2 tsp sambal oelek or chile paste with garlic
1/2 tsp. bottled ground fresh ginger (I used dried ginger)
2 cups shredded skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken breast (I bought bone-in chicken breasts and shredded them)
2 medium cucumbers, halved lengthwise and sliced
6 Tb.s chopped green onions
3 Tbs. chopped dry-roasted peanuts
.
Cook noodles according to package instructions, omitting salt and fat. Drain and rinse under cold water; drain. Combine rice vinegar and next 5 ingredients in a large bowl, and stir with a whisk. Add noodles, chicken, and cucumbers to bowl; toss gently to coat.
Top with green onions and peanuts.
Yield 6 servings
(serving size 1 cup noodle mixture, 1 Tbs green onions and 1 1/2 Tbs. peanuts)
Calories 302; Fat 9.2 g; Protein 21.5 g; carb 32.6 g; fiber 3.1 g
.
I thought I would post new recipes as I make them instead of bombarding you with them all at once when I post next. :)
.
I hope you enjoy these as much as I did. Serve with a salad for a complete dinner.

6 comments:

  1. I saw that recipe in the magazine and thought it looked good - thanks for confirming it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooooooh yummy! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh, missed seeing food that looks way better than what I put in my mouth.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)